AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1205 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
No idea if the vendor is worth a shit....but pricing seems right.

LOCKED AND LOADED

Add to cart for price.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20190514-181019-945312.png

Hopefully not another Botach type shit storm.

Eta: @UndrGrndPrdcts
View Quote
I bought my exps3-0 from them a few months ago. Shipping was fast for me. Gtg in my sample of 1

ETA page ownage:

Took this today
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:53:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#2]
milspec556 take it in the can
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#3]

@MILSPEC556

You better skim that again man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Your choice in beer is exquisite sir. (Lol)

I take it in the can
Ahhh, shit.
Hey, I don't judge. Different boats for different goats.

@MILSPEC556

I don't get it...

ETA I see it now. You suck Squirell. And you drink wine coolers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

I bought my exps3-0 from them a few months ago. Shipping was fast for me. Gtg in my sample of 1

ETA page ownage:

Took this today
https://i.imgur.com/07XyHuM.jpg
View Quote
Looking good my dude.

If I may (and feel free to ignore me or tell me get fucked lol)- you may want to unwrap that CAT before you need it. Also, consider running your pistol mags "bullets forward".
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Looking good my dude.

If I may (and feel free to ignore me or tell me get fucked lol)- you may want to unwrap that CAT before you need it. Also, consider running your pistol mags "bullets forward".
View All Quotes

ETA page ownage:

Took this today
https://i.imgur.com/07XyHuM.jpg
Looking good my dude.

Thanks man. In the Army National Guard infantry (the pinnacle of gun fighters lol) we always kept our tourniquets wrapped in our ifak’s. Got just a couple months left til I ets and I don’t plan on getting in too many gunfights. Guess that’s not really an excuse.

While I do edc the medpouch and tq my main reason for purchase was for hog hunting. Worst case scenario if I get mauled by a large boar in my femoral I believe one has 45s before you start to blackout. I used to keep a cat tq on the outside of my backpack and it weathered pretty quickly. Kinda conflicted on the added 1-2s of unwrapping it still versus the added weather protection.

I’ve never been able to comfortably run bullets forward. It may just be something that once I practice would ultimately end up being smoother/faster but I’ve always felt bullets backward felt more natural
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:
@Dyzastr, No offense, but there is something about that magnifier that makes me want to hurl. lol!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
Guys with "Phased Replacement/Block 1.5" CQBRs - Would you be kind enough to post pics for reference so I can avoid scrounging through 1200+ pages? I think this is the direction I'm going to go with my current parts bin special.

Pic of my current progress minus the M4 Carbine Lower, I left it at the shop. KAC RAS is en route. This is going to be my excuse to finally buy an NT4.

https://i.lensdump.com/i/W7owT7.jpg

I may have a pic with a surefire somewhere. I'll have to look.
http://i.imgur.com/DwGzBRw.jpg
@Dyzastr, No offense, but there is something about that magnifier that makes me want to hurl. lol!
@slashermcgee- it's since been replaced with an aimpoint mag. But still, that eotech mag is classic. Might be bulky and aesthetically unappealing, but classic nonetheless! (And block 1 clone correct).
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 6:02:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't get it...

View All Quotes
Your choice in beer is exquisite sir. (Lol)

I take it in the can
Ahhh, shit.
Hey, I don't judge. Different boats for different goats.

@MILSPEC556

I don't get it...

I'm a lemonade and Tito's or Jameson kind of guy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:22:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#10]

Thanks man. In the Army National Guard infantry (the pinnacle of gun fighters lol) we always kept our tourniquets wrapped in our ifak’s. Got just a couple months left til I ets and I don’t plan on getting in too many gunfights. Guess that’s not really an excuse.

While I do edc the medpouch and tq my main reason for purchase was for hog hunting. Worst case scenario if I get mauled by a large boar in my femoral I believe one has 45s before you start to blackout. I used to keep a cat tq on the outside of my backpack and it weathered pretty quickly. Kinda conflicted on the added 1-2s of unwrapping it still versus the added weather protection.

I’ve never been able to comfortably run bullets forward. It may just be something that once I practice would ultimately end up being smoother/faster but I’ve always felt bullets backward felt more natural
View All Quotes

According to "Unwrapping a First Aid Tourniquet From Its Plastic Wrapper With and Without Gloves Worn: A Preliminary Study", an article published in "Journal of Special Operations Medicine" (Sep, 2017), the average time to remove a plastic wrapper from a tourniquet was 12 seconds. With winter gloves on, the average was 22 seconds. The study also found that the wrappers gave no protection from degradation caused by sunlight, and that environmental conditions destroyed the wrappers over the course of the 3 month study. The result was similar degradation on both the wrapped and unwrapped examples.

With a limb amputation, you can lose consciousness in as little as 15 seconds depending on positioning. I know you don't expect it to happen, given your unit and typical activity but I can tell you I've seen near limb amputations as the result of low speed vehicle rollovers, while serving as an OC/T.

An acquaintance of mine lost both legs below the knee to a pressure plate IED back in January and thanks to his preparedness and the preparedness of his teammates, he is now getting accustomed to his prosthetics and watching his daughter learn to ride a bike for the first time.

Just food for thought!

J.F., Jr, Kragh, & K Aden, James & D Lambert, Connor & V.K., III, Moore, & A Dubick, Michael. (2017). Unwrapping a First Aid Tourniquet From Its Plastic Wrapper With and Without Gloves Worn: A Preliminary Study. Journal of special operations medicine : a peer reviewed journal for SOF medical professionals. 17. 25-34.
ETA: Bullet orientation is personal preference. If the way you use them works for you, that's all that matters. There's no peer reviewed journal that states which magazine orientation is best haha. And again- nice looking set up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#11]
According to "Unwrapping a First Aid Tourniquet From Its Plastic Wrapper With and Without Gloves Worn: A Preliminary Study", an article published in "Journal of Special Operations Medicine" (Sep, 2017), the average time to remove a plastic wrapper from a tourniquet was 12 seconds. With winter gloves on, the average was 22 seconds. The study also found that the wrappers gave no protection from degradation caused by sunlight, and that environmental conditions destroyed the wrappers over the course of the 3 month study. The result was similar degradation on both the wrapped and unwrapped examples.

With a limb amputation, you can lose consciousness in as little as 15 seconds depending on positioning. I know you don't expect it to happen, given your unit and typical activity but I can tell you I've seen near limb amputations as the result of low speed vehicle rollovers, while serving as an OC/T.

An acquaintance of mine lost both legs below the knee to a pressure plate IED back in January and thanks to his preparedness and the preparedness of his teammates, he is now getting accustomed to his prosthetics and watching his daughter learn to ride a bike for the first time.

Just food for thought!

ETA: Bullet orientation is personal preference. If the way you use them works for you, that's all that matters. There's no peer reviewed journal that states which magazine orientation is best haha. And again- nice looking set up.
View All Quotes

Just food for thought!

J.F., Jr, Kragh, & K Aden, James & D Lambert, Connor & V.K., III, Moore, & A Dubick, Michael. (2017). Unwrapping a First Aid Tourniquet From Its Plastic Wrapper With and Without Gloves Worn: A Preliminary Study. Journal of special operations medicine : a peer reviewed journal for SOF medical professionals. 17. 25-34.
Your viewpoint was well researched and well said. Hard to argue with straight forward data like that. You changed my mind and I’ll only be running unwrapped tourniquets from now on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Your viewpoint was well researched and well said. Hard to argue with straight forward data like that. You changed my mind and I’ll only be running unwrapped tourniquets from now on.
View Quote
Glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 10:53:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SlasherMcGee] [#13]
@slashermcgee- it's since been replaced with an aimpoint mag. But still, that eotech mag is classic. Might be bulky and aesthetically unappealing, but classic nonetheless! (And block 1 clone correct).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
Guys with "Phased Replacement/Block 1.5" CQBRs - Would you be kind enough to post pics for reference so I can avoid scrounging through 1200+ pages? I think this is the direction I'm going to go with my current parts bin special.

Pic of my current progress minus the M4 Carbine Lower, I left it at the shop. KAC RAS is en route. This is going to be my excuse to finally buy an NT4.

https://i.lensdump.com/i/W7owT7.jpg

I may have a pic with a surefire somewhere. I'll have to look.
http://i.imgur.com/DwGzBRw.jpg
That it is. That it is...
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Thinking of selling my tan g33 that’s in excellent condition. What’s a reasonable asking price? $500 shipped?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Mod-0 inspired work in progress....

Waiting on LMT rear sight....A few other changes coming as well. Maybe throw a correct Wilcox mount on it...have one laying around.

Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By hemiman:
Mod-0 inspired work in progress....

Waiting on LMT rear sight....A few other changes coming as well. Maybe throw a correct Wilcox mount on it...have one laying around.

http://i.imgur.com/CSZGW6Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vY2Pyrz.jpg
View Quote
Wilcox it man.

What lower is that?
I can see the Colt pony but it has Semi markings.
I can't tell by the pic.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hemiman] [#17]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Wilcox it man.

What lower is that?
I can see the Colt pony but it has Semi markings.
I can't tell by the pic.
View Quote
M16A2 Commando. It's the real deal with AUTO. ...Unfortunately it is my work gun and not personally owned...But my uppers find themselves riding the lower often when I go "train"
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]

M16A2 Commando. It's the real deal with AUTO. ...Unfortunately it is my work gun and not personally owned...But my uppers find themselves riding the lower often when I go "train"
View Quote
Lol that makes sense. I was tripped out for a second.
I'm a sucker for Colt markings.

Nothing wrong with that.
What works, works.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#19]
Went out last night and did some things.

My Mk18 has a few appearances in the short clip
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
So are you blind now?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

So are you blind now?
View Quote
I mean i do wear glasses..
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#22]
daynoodlez

just kidding i know its night time
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

daynoodlez

View Quote
Yeah i have no idea how it works but a buddy with a expensive camera and way smarter than me was able to do some cool stuff!
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#24]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Yeah i have no idea how it works but a buddy with a expensive camera and way smarter than me was able to do some cool stuff!
View All Quotes

daynoodlez

Color night vision. Impressive stuff. Were you using the IR laser? If so, interesting that it shows up as red
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
its a sweet shot for sure. that entire group of guys seems like a good group of dudes. with cool gears

are you all wearing legit ops core ballistic helmets? or are some of them bumps? your setup is killer man. who brought the FA lower?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Color night vision. Impressive stuff. Were you using the IR laser? If so, interesting that it shows up as red
View Quote
It was just shot with a camera no night vision. I was using the red laser for some pics, looking like a noob and what not
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#27]

It was just shot with a camera no night vision. I was using the red laser for some pics, looking like a noob and what not
View Quote
Looking like a noob is better than taking  it in the can.

Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

View All Quotes

hesrightyouknow.jpg
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Sweet vid.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

Oh ok I thought that was some of the new colored NV wizardry. Especially since your NODs were on.

(Was gonna say if IR lasers are in the red spectrum, why do LIFs block green spectrum?)

Tracking now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#31]
hesrightyouknow.jpg
View All Quotes

hesrightyouknow.jpg
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got in my new Canon T7i and fucking around with it :D.

Funny, it takes clearer pictures freehand than my old camera did on a tripod, lol. Still figuring out the ten million settings and options my old camera doesn't have.

Lighting was terrible for this shot and too dark, but I just wanted to post something ;p. On the other hand, I wouldn't even have bothered in the same light with the ol' Powershit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Dammit...this thread makes it so hard to resist building a clone
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Puppuccino:
View Quote
Just dew eat! Money is for spendin'. (On cloning that is).
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
Resistance is futile. Believe me I've tried.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Clones are fun.  Built my first one back at the end of 87', a XM177E1.

CD
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Well Palmetto has the m4a1 receivers back in stock. Originally told myself 1 lower for the 2 uppers but i think we all tell ourselves similar lies.

M4a1 will have a colt engraved when its sbr approved. What are you all using thats close but not copyrighting the gov. colt logo?

My two uppers on an Aero M4 lower...aero will stay with the mod 1 upper and PSA will go for 2 tone on the mod 2. Mod1 needs a beating though

Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Where is a good place to find a Wilcox Aimpoint mount these days?
View Quote
Only places for a reasonable price im aware of is EE and Tacswap. Most distributors that actually get some in stock tend to charge an arm and a leg. That being said its been a while since I hunted any down. I think @JLAudio might be the man to ask. His "email me when back in stock" list seems to be pretty stout.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Only places for a reasonable price im aware of is EE and Tacswap. Most distributors that actually get some in stock tend to charge an arm and a leg. That being said its been a while since I hunted any down. I think @JLAudio might be the man to ask. His "email me when back in stock" list seems to be pretty stout.
View Quote
Lol. Have to stay on top of the good parts

Brownells has them in stock. Wait for a 10% off coupon and use the Active Junky service for another 4% off

Link
AJ invite link - Link

Or, and I cannot believe i am saying this, Charlies apparently has them in stock for 168. Link

Buy cautiously from Charlies, they tend to overprice items and show stock when they do not have them. I had a bad experience with them for my URGI clone upper.

Either way you are above 150 shipped. They are expensive mounts for sure.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Went to my farm to do some shooting yesterday...

Link Posted: 5/16/2019 2:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hemiman] [#44]

Brownells has them in stock. Wait for a 10% off coupon and use the Active Junky service for another 4% off

Link
AJ invite link - Link

Or, and I cannot believe i am saying this, Charlies apparently has them in stock for 168. Link

Buy cautiously from Charlies, they tend to overprice items and show stock when they do not have them. I had a bad experience with them for my URGI clone upper.

View Quote
What's the going price on used Wilcox units? May have a line on two.....and will have one left over that I would probably part with.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#45]
What's the going price on used Wilcox units? May have a line on two.....and will have one left over that I would probably part with.
View All Quotes

Link
AJ invite link - Link

Last one I found for somebody 2-3 years back, was $110 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Last one I found for somebody 2-3 years back, was $110 shipped.
View Quote
So add 30%?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I have not seen one for sale in the EE for well over a year. the ones you do see come with a comp m2, and your paying $350-400 for the sight and mount together.
I think the best bet is brownells with coupons.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Does the ris ii take a proprietary wrench? Got my upper all tore apart and my magpul wrench is a hair too small
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1205 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top