AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1495 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:27:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

It's all good, don't worry this thread isn't as bad as the Urgi thread.  Seems like MLOK brings out the worst in people
View Quote
That thread is hardly a clone thread lol

edit page ownage:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

edit page ownage:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/F6D58FB8-137C-42C6-AB51-C1E9169BEABC_jpe-2222934.JPG
View Quote

Truth!

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:

I got mine from the link below back in 2019, but they all got the new NOBLEX name on it now. They also included a bag of Haribo gummy bears from Germany in my order lol.

SKU: noblex58628
Old SKU: 58628
https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/noblex-sight-ii-cover.html

https://i.imgur.com/oOToNSl.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tnbigdawg:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Also...anyone have a link to a cover for this? Is the cover for the Docter II the same as this one?

I got mine from the link below back in 2019, but they all got the new NOBLEX name on it now. They also included a bag of Haribo gummy bears from Germany in my order lol.

SKU: noblex58628
Old SKU: 58628
https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/noblex-sight-ii-cover.html

https://i.imgur.com/oOToNSl.jpg

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

edit page ownage:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/F6D58FB8-137C-42C6-AB51-C1E9169BEABC_jpe-2222934.JPG
View Quote

Noticed that too, there definitely aren't many clone URG-I's around.  Once DD barrels are available, I'll up the quality in that thread.

Meanwhile, URG pic:

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Stole the Mark 6 off the M4A1 for another project that will be starting early next week.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Stole the Mark 6 off the M4A1 for another project that will be starting early next week.
https://i.imgur.com/xqLFuiU.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theodoric] [#7]
A couple of non-correct switches and bits.

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
https://i.imgur.com/xqLFuiU.jpg
View Quote

When you going to have cans for all of those?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

When you going to have cans for all of those?
View Quote

Well I will have an RC2 FDE in about 5 more months, but I don’t think I will buy another 556 can after that.  I need to buy a RC2 7.62 in FDE currently.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy New Year everyone

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Which upper receiver would be more correct for an early block II CQBR?  Colt AF (with raised C) or Colt Keyhole (stamped C, appears to be current production)?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Which upper receiver would be more correct for an early block II CQBR?  Colt AF (with raised C) or Colt Keyhole (stamped C, appears to be current production)?
View Quote

I think I read that AF stopped in the early 2000s, so my guess would be a keyhole. My takeoff upper is a colt keyhole too
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By g56:

I think I read that AF stopped in the early 2000s, so my guess would be a keyhole. My takeoff upper is a colt keyhole too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By g56:

Awesome.  That means I can save the C AF for another build

Thanks much!
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally suppressed but fuck it, should have purchased an FDE RCII. Failed.

Any suggestions for painting it?

Mk18 Suppressed by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]

I think you're lost.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#19]

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#20]
Originally Posted By MRW:
No, but yes
I call this one “Turd on a box.” I’m sorry for wasting everyone’s time. I’ll see my way out now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/A51262C3-9D38-4825-BD6B-B2202792BCA7-1425530.jpg
View Quote

Even more FIFY
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Even more FIFY
View All Quotes
No, but yes
I call this one “Turd on a box.” I’m sorry for wasting everyone’s time. I’ll see my way out now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/A51262C3-9D38-4825-BD6B-B2202792BCA7-1425530.jpg

Even more FIFY

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Build specs plz
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#23]

This makes Jesus sad.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51793079663_9af3eede4a_k.jpgMk18 Suppressed by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

The can or the entire gun? Either way, Field Drab always gets my vote. But she still looks killer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Even more FIFY
View All Quotes
No, but yes

Even more FIFY

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:27:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#28]

The can or the entire gun? Either way, Field Drab always gets my vote. But she still looks killer.
View Quote
Thanks bruh - can, specifically (so, field drab it is?)

Don't got the guts to paint the whole thang

ETA found that color online (the shade of it that is) and I love it, BUT no spray paint available for it? Is that possible?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

I need to change a couple of things. RC2 is in jail still as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks bruh - can, specifically (so, field drab it is?)

Don't got the guts to paint the whole thang

ETA found that color online (the shade of it that is) and I love it, BUT no spray paint available for it? Is that possible?
View Quote

Field Drab at Big Tex
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Spatten:

Field Drab at Big Tex
View Quote
(grateful)
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#32]
(grateful)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spatten:

Field Drab at Big Tex
(grateful)

Someone posted in another thread that it looks like Aervoe is or has discontinued their military paint. Quite a few places either don't list it anymore or have it marked "discontinued". If one thinks they'll need more, snag it up now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Depends on what you’re looking for. If you want it to be authentic buy krylon camo paint(that’s what they have at the px) throw your rifle on a big piece of plywood and paint. Use vegetation that’s near by for pattern or empty out your mesh laundry bag with your dirty pts and use that.

Don’t hang it up with fishing wire. Don’t try and make every inch have an even coat of paint etc

The shittier and more half assed it is the more authentic it is.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want it to be authentic buy krylon camo paint(that's what they have at the px) throw your rifle on a big piece of plywood and paint. Use vegetation that's near by for pattern or empty out your mesh laundry bag with your dirty pts and use that.

Don't hang it up with fishing wire. Don't try and make every inch have an even coat of paint etc

The shittier and more half assed it is the more authentic it is.
View Quote
Appreciate you - and it's what I'd do - thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Someone posted in another thread that it looks like Aervoe is or has discontinued their military paint. Quite a few places either don't list it anymore or have it marked "discontinued". If one thinks they'll need more, snag it up now.
View Quote
Got one spray-can from the place linked above - they listed it as +1k units in stock still of that particular shade you suggested (field drab).

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Got one spray-can from the place linked above - they listed it as +1k units in stock still of that particular shade you suggested (field drab).

View All Quotes

Interesting. After this member told me about it, I checked a bunch of the usual places I see it and all that was listed was black and none was in stock. He and I both ordered from Big Tex like you did. I wonder if they heard something and bought up their stock.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I may be coming across a surplus 6920 barrel. The first original mk18s had cut down m4 barrels, right?

The HP/MP maker marks were not present on these, right?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I may be coming across a surplus 6920 barrel. The first original mk18s had cut down m4 barrels, right?

The HP/MP maker marks were not present on these, right?
View Quote
Yes they were cut down
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Interesting. After this member told me about it, I checked a bunch of the usual places I see it and all that was listed was black and none was in stock. He and I both ordered from Big Tex like you did. I wonder if they heard something and bought up their stock.
View Quote

I do like Aervoe the best for their color selection and stocked up back when Brownells was selling them for $4 ea however, after few years on the shelves, the nozzle/air is useless and not spraying anymore. The Krylon cans are still working after 10 years. ymmv.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ImpacTT:

I do like Aervoe the best for their color selection and stocked up back when Brownells was selling them for $4 ea however, after few years on the shelves, the nozzle/air is useless and not spraying anymore. The Krylon cans are still working after 10 years. ymmv.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I went to paint something a few weeks ago and the same can I've been using for a few years stopped spraying as did the other one of the same color. I grabbed a different color I had on hand that had never been used and it sprayed fine. Both colors were the same age, but the field drab stopped working.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Very nice! Don't see the original sopmod m962 very often. Pairs well with the mod0. I'd have to be in a real tight spot financially for me to let mine go. I definitely like the su231 over the su231a on the block 1. (I think that was you asking last page anyhow.) They all look fantastic though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Awesome.  That means I can save the C AF for another build

Thanks much!
View Quote
You could use the AF for a mod 0 or an early m4.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51793079663_9af3eede4a_k.jpgMk18 Suppressed by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
I'd say cerakote? If it holds up to heat. Or aerevoe/ rattle can if you're not concerned with the pretty pink colors it will turn as it cooks off. Both end up looking good. Or even black isn't that bad really.

Lots of sexy pics as of late. You guys are making me want to change some things up on mine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:53:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#43]
Does anyone know what size the mounting screws are to mount the Doctor? The ones that came with it are too big. I could break out the calipers but I'm being lazy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20211230_130951-2222038.jpg
View Quote
Man, I posted the answer to this not long ago somewhere, but I can't find it. Um if you still aren't sure I can dig for ya.

M3x8 is what I could find in the newest manual. I previously new the length/diameter/tpi etc. Hopefully that helps. If not, at least I tried

Btw, Happy New Year to all! I’m finally starting to get over a helluva virus that wreaked havoc on my entire body. Thought it was strept throat at first, then after day one my digestive system decided it was going self destruct. I had a shitty week and terrible New Year’s Eve, but at least things can only get better from here (I hope). Either way, I hope you all had a fun safe New Years celebration, and maybe even got to fire a couple rounds in celebration.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Man, I posted the answer to this not long ago somewhere, but I can't find it. Um if you still aren't sure I can dig for ya.

M3x8 is what I could find in the newest manual. I previously new the length/diameter/tpi etc. Hopefully that helps. If not, at least I tried
View All Quotes
Does anyone know what size the mounting screws are to mount the Doctor? The ones that came with it are too big. I could break out the calipers but I'm being lazy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20211230_130951-2222038.jpg

I'm pretty sure I got it fingered out. Thought I would be slick and order from Fastenal since they're close by on my route to/from work. I called them today and they said they were backordered and might be here Wednesday. A member IM'd me with a link to some on Amazon but it was after I had ordered from Fastenal.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

That was me bud

I was thinking the same thing about Big Tex, perhaps they bought all the inventory they could. I just ended up getting a six pack and 3 of those were FD. Will probably order more in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#46]
So the cans that haven't been used previously should work fine after being stored? I'm on the fence about buying some.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
So with all the options we have these days with urgi's, 300 blk's, mcx's, and tons of quality parts and rifles out there, what role is your mk18/cqbr fulfilling? Dedicated night gun? HD? Shtf? Clone that sits in the safe?
View Quote

Dont have 300blk anymore but if I built a new one I think Id go MK18 clone on it anyway.

My CQBR clone-ish is working towards being my grab-and-go rifle (shtf I guess)
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#48]
So the cans that haven't been used previously should work fine after being stored? I'm on the fence about buying some.
View Quote

some of mine were DOA. Never used and stored for few years.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#50]

I'd say cerakote? If it holds up to heat. Or aerevoe/ rattle can if you're not concerned with the pretty pink colors it will turn as it cooks off. Both end up looking good. Or even black isn't that bad really.

View Quote
Appreciate you.

I do want to see the crazy, cooked off colors on the suppressor - but I think it's going to be better starting with a lighter color (i.e., FDE). I just made a massive mistake getting black. Might go for spray paint first.

Will see how it goes once it's outa jail!
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1495 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top