Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 20 of 1574)
Page / 1574
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:50:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Wait...you're telling me that my suppressed AR isn't going to sound like a dog fart? Damn it...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Will816:
He might be expecting them to be Hollywood quiet.

Wait...you're telling me that my suppressed AR isn't going to sound like a dog fart? Damn it...

My lab's farts are louder than a human- I 'shit' you not. Compared to my 12th model that statement holds true.

For my page ownage about farts, I will also include a blurry potato photo of a FDE overrun Elcan:

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#2]
So I just got my MK18 MOD 0 upper (mostly) put together and I have to say that I am not impressed. I got the (new) RAS on without fighting it too much and tightened down the screw but as a whole,  its a rattle-fest. What were they thinking with the method of attaching the lower handguard piece? Held to the upper by spring tension from the weld spring at the back and a simple tuck under the front end-cap with no interlocking lugs, nubs, screws...nothing? There is North-South play at the front and if I grab the VFG and torque, I can get the lower half of the RAS to rotate without exerting much effort. Am I living in anomaly land or is this to be expected?

I was really looking forward to adding the MOD 0 to the collection but if loose, sloppy fit is par for the course, I'll just shave the FSB and tuck the barrel under a URX4 or something.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
So I just got my MK18 MOD 0 upper (mostly) put together and I have to say that I am not impressed. I got the (new) RAS on without fighting it too much and tightened down the screw but as a whole,  its a rattle-fest. What were they thinking with the method of attaching the lower handguard piece? Held to the upper by spring tension from the weld spring at the back and a simple tuck under the front end-cap with no interlocking lugs, nubs, screws...nothing? There is North-South play at the front and if I grab the VFG and torque, I can get the lower half of the RAS to rotate without exerting much effort. Am I living in anomaly land or is this to be expected?

I was really looking forward to adding the MOD 0 to the collection but is loose, sloppy fit is par for the course, I'll just shave the FSB and tuck the barrel under a URX4 or something.
View Quote

Yeop, those hand guards sure are nice for the price they go for. I hated mine everyday on my M4.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

Yeop, those hand guards sure are nice for the price they go for. I hated mine everyday on my M4.
View All Quotes

I was really looking forward to adding the MOD 0 to the collection but is loose, sloppy fit is par for the course, I'll just shave the FSB and tuck the barrel under a URX4 or something.

I hear there is a UK version that tensions against the upper half.... <Off to spend some more $$$>....

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

My lab's farts are louder than a human- I 'shit' you not. Compared to my 12th model that statement holds true.

For my page ownage about farts, I will also include a blurry potato photo of a FDE overrun Elcan:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EtEBHgbjmzQ/T6MQvOA_sDI/AAAAAAAADc0/ytsn05uP5Ok/s640/P1010003.JPG
View All Quotes

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EtEBHgbjmzQ/T6MQvOA_sDI/AAAAAAAADc0/ytsn05uP5Ok/s640/P1010003.JPG

Getting back into the Clone game Matty?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]

I hear there is a UK version that tensions against the upper half.... <Off to spend some more $$$>....  
View All Quotes

I used the RAS UK version.  The upper part is exactly the same, but the lower has an additional clamp as the regular upper rail goes, so the rail as a whole does not rattle as much.  One can purchase the UK RAS lower part separately.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#7]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

View All Quotes

No way. Old photo.

I'm still broke as shit and am weening myself off using credit cards. Paying down my debts and saving up for bullshit like a ring for my GF and other 'responsible adult' garbage.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]

No way. Old photo.

I'm still broke as shit and am weening myself off using credit cards. Paying down my debts and saving up for bullshit like a ring for my GF and other 'responsible adult' garbage.
View All Quotes

No way. Old photo.

Doesn't that stuff suck? I feel your pain, I'm sure I'd have a CQBR by now if I didn't have to be a "responsible adult" myself.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#9]

I was really looking forward to adding the MOD 0 to the collection but if loose, sloppy fit is par for the course, I'll just shave the FSB and tuck the barrel under a URX4 or something.

View Quote

It's quite weird, I've heard quite a few reports of this before. But I own 3 rifles with RAS rails on them and all 3 are ROCK solid. And I'm totally one of those OCD weirdos who can't stand even a little slop on anything on my rifle. I use all the techniques to eliminate upper/lower slop. I also put a rubber band over the extension before I put on a stock so the stock is solid and tight. It would drive me completely insane if *anything* on my rifle wobbled or had ANY slop. And yet every RAS I've ever owned has exceeded my expectations … I can't get them to move even a little no matter how hard I try.

I guess the first thing I'd ask is are you sure it's a 100% authentic KAC RAS? And secondly, what URG are you using it on? Is there a chance the barrel is slightly out of spec? The way the AR-15 gas system is designed I bet a manufacturer could have their gas blocks just a hair forward and the rifle would still function just fine but it would totally affect rails like the RAS.

The two different rifle brands I have them on are Colt and Daniel Defense.

Also it seems weird to me that you got it on without fighting it too much. Mine have been a complete bitch to get on. The upper part has always been rock solid too before I even tighten the screw. The screw has seemed completely unnecessary in my experience.

So odd.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#10]

No way. Old photo.

View All Quotes

No way. Old photo.

Is that set of KAC micro sights you recently purchased from me part of your paying off debts and getting a ring for your girl plans?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#11]
All my RAS have been a bitch to put on. Im guessing you got an airsoft version.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

God that thing is beautiful, especially the shades of the anodization. The Gen II's look more streamlined I think. I'd trade my Gen III unit for that one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:30:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#13]

Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
It's quite weird, I've heard quite a few reports of this before. But I own 3 rifles with RAS rails on them and all 3 are ROCK solid. And I'm totally one of those OCD weirdos who can't stand even a little slop on anything on my rifle. I use all the techniques to eliminate upper/lower slop. I also put a rubber band over the extension before I put on a stock so the stock is solid and tight. It would drive me completely insane if *anything* on my rifle wobbled or had ANY slop. And yet every RAS I've ever owned has exceeded my expectations … I can't get them to move even a little no matter how hard I try.
I guess the first thing I'd ask is are you sure it's a 100% authentic KAC RAS? And secondly, what URG are you using it on? Is there a chance the barrel is slightly out of spec? The way the AR-15 gas system is designed I bet a manufacturer could have their gas blocks just a hair forward and the rifle would still function just fine but it would totally affect rails like the RAS.
Also it seems weird to me that you got it on without fighting it too much. Mine have been a complete bitch to get on. The upper part has always been rock solid too before I even tighten the screw. The screw has seemed completely unnecessary in my experience.
So odd.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

It's quite weird, I've heard quite a few reports of this before. But I own 3 rifles with RAS rails on them and all 3 are ROCK solid. And I'm totally one of those OCD weirdos who can't stand even a little slop on anything on my rifle. I use all the techniques to eliminate upper/lower slop. I also put a rubber band over the extension before I put on a stock so the stock is solid and tight. It would drive me completely insane if *anything* on my rifle wobbled or had ANY slop. And yet every RAS I've ever owned has exceeded my expectations … I can't get them to move even a little no matter how hard I try.
So odd.
I am certain I purchased a genuine RAS. When I said it was not difficult to install, I meant that it was not difficult for "me" to install. I am good with stuff like this. I completely loosened the screw on the rear top section and firmly seated the forward top section into the hand guard end cap. I actually tapped it all the way in using the delrin side of of a gunsmith hammer. I then got the rear of the top section inserted my holding the upper in a vice so that it was aligned horizontally. This allows the pivot mechanism that pinches the barrel nut to drop into correct position. I tightened it down and and it ended up solid. The issue is with the bottom half of the hand guard. The only thing that would snug it up would be if I bent the hand guard end cap. I am using a PSA CHF 10.5" upper and all the the parts are in spec.

When I first received the RAS, I was looking at it and thinking that it was entirely over-engineered and would probably not mount securely (due to the design of the lower half). I know it is constructed to that you can quickly remove the bottom hand guard but the execution of the final product leaves a lot to be desired.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By m3racer:

View Quote
Nope, it's the real deal. Had I not researched the installation (I heard it was a real bear to install), it would have given me fits.

A quick Google search returns a long list of hits pertaining to this exact issue. Poor design and execution IMHO.

I really want to like this upper so I think I am going to splurge on the UK version of the lower handguard half so that I can get a solid rail system. The weight and balance are really nice with the MOD 0 upper.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:36:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#15]
Is that set of KAC micro sights you recently purchased from me part of your paying off debts and getting a ring for your girl plans?
View Quote

I split them up and sold them for $240 after I received them. I buy and sell allot of gear to pay off said bills. Don't hate me
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#16]

I split them up and sold them for $240 after I received them. I buy and sell allot of gear to pay off said bills. Don't hate me
View All Quotes

Do what I did and find a wife that's fine with you buying guns for her, even though she knows it's partly under under the guise that they're still for me. Mine was sad she didn't have her own gun yet, riffled through one of my old HK goodie booklets, pointed at a P2000 and said "ooh, I like that one!". How convenient that I too wanted a P2000... Now she wants me to build her a lightweight AR off a DD pencil barrel we got a while back, and she wants to do cowboy action shooting. Looks like it's time to go Single Action Army shopping!

Oh, and you think a ring is bad, wait till you throw a baby into the mix. That's why I missed all the delicious clone action for the last year or so.

And a CQBR related question, the Knight's NT4 is kosher on the Mk18 and both CQBR iterations, correct? But the newer SF SOCOM cans are only kosher on the current CQBRs and M4A1's with the DD rails? I'm going to tear down my non-spec CQBR, repurpose the 12.5 barrel, and get me a 6920 SOCOM to use as a clone host. I wanted to verify which can I could use on the most of my clones.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#17]
#3 is on the way.  #1 is already on a few activities and private shcoo;, #2 is starting private school and a few activities this year.

sold ALOT of my clone goodies. growing up sux.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Do what I did and find a wife that's fine with you buying guns for her, even though she knows it's partly under under the guise that they're still for me. Mine was sad she didn't have her own gun yet, riffled through one of my old HK goodie booklets, pointed at a P2000 and said "ooh, I like that one!". How convenient that I too wanted a P2000... Now she wants me to build her a lightweight AR off a DD pencil barrel we got a while back, and she wants to do cowboy action shooting. Looks like it's time to go Single Action Army shopping!

Oh, and you think a ring is bad, wait till you throw a baby into the mix. That's why I missed all the delicious clone action for the last year or so.

And a CQBR related question, the Knight's NT4 is kosher on the Mk18 and both CQBR iterations, correct? But the newer SF SOCOM cans are only kosher on the current CQBRs and M4A1's with the DD rails? I'm going to tear down my non-spec CQBR, repurpose the 12.5 barrel, and get me a 6920 SOCOM to use as a clone host. I wanted to verify which can I could use on the most of my clones.
View All Quotes

Way I understand it, NT4 for both RIS II and KAC rails (Mk18 and CQBR), same goes for the Surefire, as both rail sets have been seen with the SOCOM, at least in 14.5" flavor, but I feel like I saw a 10.3" too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Way I understand it, NT4 for both RIS II and KAC rails (Mk18 and CQBR), same goes for the Surefire, as both rail sets have been seen with the SOCOM, at least in 14.5" flavor, but I feel like I saw a 10.3" too.
View All Quotes

I thought the Surefire can on the Mk18/CQBR was tagged as being Aussie SAS or something like that, not as US gun. It makes sense that at some point, the SOCOM RC's will find their way onto older variations that are still in circulation. I just might go with the Knight's whenever the time comes, it's been in use a long time and can be correct for a broad number of builds, back through Block I M4''s. I know it's a heavy pig of a can, but it does seem to be pretty robust.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That's absolutely normal. Every single one of the Mk18s I work with do that. Our shooters break them fairly often.

We just got in a stack of the upgraded version that clamps in just like the top side. Much tighter and haven't seen one break yet (but it's only been a few weeks)
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#21]
CQBR upper as it sits while waiting for stamp to come back. Went to visit family in MT over the weekend and got to shoot it on a 6921 lower. Bad ass! And got to introduce my girlfriend's mom and sisters to the joy of shooting. And my girlfriend is fully hooked and says she thinks she has BRD and needs a rifle of her own... So I might piece together a PR for her...

Untitled by Will816, on Flickr

Untitled by Will816, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boneislandphoto] [#22]
My Block 1 CQBR:
Parts list:
Colt "Govt. Carbine" A2 lower with original Colt LPK (KNS pins are soon to be removed)
Colt A1 grip
Colt 4-position buffer tube
Colt H2 buffer and Colt Spring
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD
Colt 6920 "F-marked" FSB Govt Profile barrel cut to 10.3" with gas port opened to .070 by ADCO
Colt FA bolt carrier and Colt bolt with one-piece McFarland gas ring, Crane O-ring & ejector spring upgrade
KAC RAS
Colt flat top "C-forged" upper without T-markings
PRI Gas Buster charging handle with Military ("hotdog") latch
Colt carry handle (cut down by me) rear sight
CQD front and rear sling mounts
Aimpoint M2 in a Wilcox mount
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />

I actually run her without the vert grip and instead use a KAC handstop like a small vert grip:
" />

.... and sometimes, just for fun, she like to dress up like this on the weekends:
</a>" />
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: schaz42] [#23]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Ya?? How much?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
Originally Posted By schaz42:
Originally Posted By CountryHam:
I need a stock bad.
<a href="http://s917.photobucket.com/user/brycebentley/media/2014-04-08%2016.46.42_zpsch3cyy8f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/brycebentley/2014-04-08%2016.46.42_zpsch3cyy8f.jpg</a>

I've got a excellent condition LMT gen. 1 stock in FDE that I'm going to be putting up in the EE soon, fyi

William

Ya?? How much?

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this but...I've put my perfect condition LMT Gen.1 FDE stock up for sale in the used EE, thanks for looking

William

P.S. boneislandphoto, that Block I is AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By boneislandphoto:
My Block 1 CQBR:
Parts list:
Colt "Govt. Carbine" A2 lower with original Colt LPK (KNS pins are soon to be removed)
Colt A1 grip
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD
Colt 6920 "F-marked" FSB Govt Profile barrel cut to 10.3" with gas port opened to .070 by ADCO
Colt FA bolt carrier and Colt bolt with one-piece McFarland gas ring, Crane O-ring & ejector spring upgrade
KAC RAS
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_001.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_002.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_003.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_006.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_013.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_012.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_004.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_008.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_005.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_009.jpg</a>" />

I actually run her without the vert grip and instead use a KAC handstop like a small vert grip:
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_014.jpg</a>" />

.... and sometimes, just for fun, she like to dress up like this on the weekends:
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/PSD_Build.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

That MOD 0 is BADASSS!
As long as its only on the weekends!-I do the same thing with a 7.5" barrel-looks just like yours
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#25]
If anyone is interested I have a brand new MK18 FDE upper in EE.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#26]
Well, here she is. Brand new CHF upper. I'm thinking of selling the entire upper (sans, BCG, and Aimpoint) including a black govt issue Enhanced SOPMOD and a brand new CQD rear endplate. All a buyer would have to do is place their Aimpoint in the Wilcox, throw in a BCG, replace their endplate w/ the CQD and switch out the stock. I'm gonna have to think about it for a day or two.

Or..... I could find a DD MK18 RIS II FSB and build it out as a Block 1.5

Decisions, decisions....

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By m3racer:
View Quote

The only RAS that I've ever had and issue with installing/removing were on brand spanking new M4's. The ones that were a bit older and the delta ring spring had softened up some installed super easy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]
My Block 1 CQBR:
Parts list:
Colt A1 grip
LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD
KAC RAS
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_001.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_002.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_003.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_006.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_013.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_012.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_004.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_008.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_005.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_009.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/CQBR_014.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/boneislandphoto/PSD_Build.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

That makes me moist
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#29]
^Yea.  The trouble is when the Delta Ring spring is very stiff....
But the 3 KAC RAS's I've had, have all locked up TIGHT.  No movement in any of them....
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#30]
The M16 I have being transferred comes with I believe a 10.5 FSB upper. Might make it a MK18 Mod 0 when it arrives.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
^Yea.  The trouble is when the Delta Ring spring is very stiff....
But the 3 KAC RAS's I've had, have all locked up TIGHT.  No movement in any of them....
View Quote

The half-dozen or more that I've had experience with in the Army all locked up tight no matter how hard or easy it installed. I've got both a M4 and M5 RAS hanging around the house that are really well used and they still lock up tight.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#32]
Do the issued Mk18 Mod 1's have ambidextrous selector switches like the ones on the Colt 6920 M4A1 SOCOM models?

Looking through the pictures it looks like some do but most I can't tell based on firing hand position.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By DocBach:

Do the issued Mk18 Mod 1's have ambidextrous selector switches like the ones on the Colt 6920 M4A1 SOCOM models?

Looking through the pictures it looks like some do but most I can't tell based on firing hand position.
View Quote
I have heard they are KAC. In any case, that's what I put on my clones.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

Heard from who?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Ambis are supposed to be in the pipeline, but I have yet to see an issue ambi.

Last NIB M4A1s we opened about 6 months ago were non-ambi.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

Heard from who?
View All Quotes

Heard from who?
People (or a person) on one of the three CQBR threads.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View All Quotes

These from Crane or Colt? I'm kind of wondering what Crane does for extractor spring/o-ring, is it the COTS 5 coil like we've seen in the PowerPoint, or the Colt gold spring. Same goes for the CQBR and the one piece gas ring.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Heard from who?

Yeah, sounds legit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#39]

These from Crane or Colt? I'm kind of wondering what Crane does for extractor spring/o-ring, is it the COTS 5 coil like we've seen in the PowerPoint, or the Colt gold spring. Same goes for the CQBR and the one piece gas ring.
View All Quotes

Colt.

I've never seen a McFarland, either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I've seen some M4A1s issued in some units with ambidextrous selectors - they're not the "Colt type" with the "docked" right side lever, they've all been "standard" full length levers on both side with a flush Allen screw, not the "proud" one on the Colt design.  

IIRC, some of the M4A1 PIPs that are being issued conventional side are supposed to be coming with the Colt-syle ambidextrous selector - but they will get the "MWS treatment," not SOPMOD.  DSA has already said that they've received a contract to manufacture Colt-style selectors under license (can't be sold commercially) for the M4A1 PIP upgrade program.  

A member in Korea, IIRC, showed a picture of a big Army issued M4 (I think) with the Colt style ambi as well a couple months ago.

I'm not sure whom the manufacturer is for the Crane/SOPMOD ambi is, probably multiple sources - maybe even DPMS, which is why they can claim "Defense Procurement."  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I thought I read at one point that the ambi safety used in the SOPMOD program is made by LMT...?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Have to send my EOtech 553 in for repair - the reticle fades as it nears the edges of the window.

I let it go for a while, but it's been getting on my nerves the last couple of range trips so it's going back to EOtech.

Unfortunately, it's just over 2 years old now, so I don't think this would be covered under the warranty anymore.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Have to send my EOtech 553 in for repair - the reticle fades as it nears the edges of the window.

I let it go for a while, but it's been getting on my nerves the last couple of range trips so it's going back to EOtech.

Unfortunately, it's just over 2 years old now, so I don't think this would be covered under the warranty anymore.
View Quote

I'd be shocked if they didn't take care of it for ya.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

More reason to sell it and push that towards a SU-231A
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By Omega9000:
View All Quotes

I'd love to, but I can't sell someone an EOtech with a fading reticle - I'll have to wait until I get it back from them repaired.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#46]

No way. Old photo.

View Quote

You lost your goddamn mind?

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#47]

My Block 1 CQBR:

Parts list:

Colt A1 grip

LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD

KAC RAS

View Quote

Jesus Christ what a specimen.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

No way. Old photo.

Mine wants me to build her an AR of her own. I've been trying to talk her into letting me have a ring made with an elk ivory but she seems like she wants a new gun more. That makes her either the best girlfriend of all time, or she's gearing up to be my enemy... Kinda like when the US gave the Taliban arms, funding, and training back in the '80's and now they use it against us...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#49]

I'd love to, but I can't sell someone an EOtech with a fading reticle - I'll have to wait until I get it back from them repaired.
View All Quotes

Of course! I think you'll like the exps over the 553. Keep us updated with your 553 repair.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 1574
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 20 of 1574)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top