Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 647 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By k9ghost:
it looks like a gear sector qd sling socket at first glance but it appears to be a weapons catch of some sort. Anybody have anything?
View Quote

Augee already gave the answer:

It's an S&S Precision WeaponLink.

The one pictured is an older version, the newer version is shown here:
https://www.sandsprecision.com/weapon-retention/weaponlinktm-grt.html
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:
Yeah, I thought the stencil might have been ghey. Good thing I consulted the experts. I actually like the magpul sights though. I could easily buy the KAC sights, and I have 3 of the CQD Forward Sling Mounts in the mail (although, I must say, 35 american pesos is a little pricy for that little piece of metal. I understand there is pricer metal, per weight, but still.). Also, I feel like buying something just so I can post it in a clone thread is a little ghey too. The CQD sling mount I can actually use though.

BTW, I wasn't being sarcastic about the stencil. Sometimes you just need your buds to tell you you're a douche. Hence why you don't get to see the last name, lol. That's the beauty of spray paint though. You can always fix your fuckups.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

I dislike magpul sights on Block IIs. And the stencil is lame.

A few simple part swaps and you're pretty spot on.

As big of assholes as it makes us sound, Yep, and big yep.

Yeah, I thought the stencil might have been ghey. Good thing I consulted the experts. I actually like the magpul sights though. I could easily buy the KAC sights, and I have 3 of the CQD Forward Sling Mounts in the mail (although, I must say, 35 american pesos is a little pricy for that little piece of metal. I understand there is pricer metal, per weight, but still.). Also, I feel like buying something just so I can post it in a clone thread is a little ghey too. The CQD sling mount I can actually use though.

BTW, I wasn't being sarcastic about the stencil. Sometimes you just need your buds to tell you you're a douche. Hence why you don't get to see the last name, lol. That's the beauty of spray paint though. You can always fix your fuckups.

Except your Flickr account posts your whole name after your photos so we already know your last name Mr. L

I'd rather see no sights than magpul, but your CQBR is better then mine so I'll shut up now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:18:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#3]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
Except your Flickr account posts your whole name after your photos so we already know your last name Mr. L  

I'd rather see no sights than magpul, but your CQBR is better then mine so I'll shut up now.
View All Quotes

Oh yeah,.....I knew that........it was a test.....fucking flickr. I hate it when it does that. I've been removing them, but I didn't at first.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]

.....Is that?........Yeah, that's a light he has on his helmet. I guess the one on his gun wasn't enough, lol.

Edit: Okay, you know how when you look at a picture of a guy in theater, and you try and place him? Like what unit he's from? Well I'm lost here. I'm by no means an expert, but I wanna say EOD or Air Force. Like Special Tactics or Combat Controller? It's that damn Mod 0/1 hybrid. That, and unless it's a very specific time frame, combined with the multicam, is throwing me for a loop.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
Who makes this hangar apparatus that's attached to his PC and RAS?

http://i.imgur.com/gdx0Gw0.jpg

.....Is that?........Yeah, that's a light he has on his helmet. I guess the one on his gun wasn't enough, lol.

Edit: Okay, you know how when you look at a picture of a guy in theater, and you try and place him? Like what unit he's from? Well I'm lost here. I'm by no means an expert, but I wanna say EOD or Air Force. Like Special Tactics or Combat Controller? It's that damn Mod 0/1 hybrid. That, and unless it's a very specific time frame, combined with the multicam, is throwing me for a loop.

Yes that's a light and it's extremely common. You're not suppose to aim your weapon at something your not willing to kill and often times you need a light or for you to have both hands free.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:29:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#5]
View Quote

Tell us about the musket! Love it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:38:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azoutdoorsman] [#6]

Oh yeah,.....I knew that........it was a test.....fucking flickr. I hate it when it does that. I've been removing them, but I didn't at first.
View All Quotes

The photo tags with the code is annoying but flickr is the best host site I've used so far. Photobucket is full of pop ups and spam. Just don't use your real name as your flickr account user!

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I can be very useful to be able to go hands free with a light, and mounting a light to a helmet is pretty useful/helpful/popular.  

Given the S&S WeaponLink, you can probably infer that his job tends to require stowing his weapon and working with both hands, but maintaining retention and positive control.  

More examples of WeaponLinks, CQBRs, and helmet mounted lights:

Another "hands free" option:  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I just delete the Flickr tags. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:
Finally!  Now maybe Soldiers wont have to go buy their own quality weapon lights.
Before anyone asks why. The WMX200 rotating mount never stays tight so your light flops around. Tension mounting screw also never stays tight so light can fall off.
(No I don't want to tie it down) Its 2015 lets do it right and put locking levers on everything that goes on your weapon.
There is a reason Units can order Surefire lights separately as an upgrade.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC05505_zpsnchcig54.jpg
View Quote

::shrug::

The switchology of the WMX200 just "does it" for me, both the double-tap constant-on, and the dual function cap.  

The Surefire V-series doesn't compare very well, IMHO, in terms of white-light output.  

I really don't understand why Surefire is just letting the SL tailcap (Scout dual-function) rot while they come out with all sorts of other crap... I like the WMX200's IR flood combined with the ATPIAL, but if an M600U + SL tailcap could potentially charm me away.    

I posted this back in '09 or so, but whomever makes it, IMHO - if someone could make me a white light with a focusable beam and dual-function tailcap, with a double-tap "ON" feature, I think that would be all she wrote for me.  A dual-function IR flood and illum would be nice, too, but not necessary, IMHO, versus other options for IR illum, including helmet mounted lights and the ATPIAL.  

Beyond that, I much prefer the fixed, non-rotational mount WMX... the rotational mount was a nice... experiment?  But maybe a better "footprint" (like the Scout) that could be mounted to fixed, angled mounts would be the better solution.  As of right now, mounting the WMX at an offset isn't exactly "user friendly."  

Interested to see whatever comes next regardless.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
ooh, potassium chlorate.  that's a fun one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Some better iTater pics

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#12]
Weapon light with multiple tail cap button options..I love my Gladius pic from last year. 4 tours still going strong.

I also like the Inforce WML, I know there are reports they are easy to break due their plastic bodies but I like the angled multi-function button.

EOTech MRDS (in the offset mount) they are crap..do not hold up well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Some better iTater pics

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/D913A7C0-4E3B-435E-BF59-B0160965D878_zps2berywau.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/D913A7C0-4E3B-435E-BF59-B0160965D878_zps2berywau.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/FB26BB03-D549-4B9C-9F4C-2B4DFCCE1F5F_zpsu5te8rkl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/FB26BB03-D549-4B9C-9F4C-2B4DFCCE1F5F_zpsu5te8rkl.jpg</a>
View Quote

That looks like a very ergonomic and comfy light-grip-sling mount setup.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Some better iTater pics

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/D913A7C0-4E3B-435E-BF59-B0160965D878_zps2berywau.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/D913A7C0-4E3B-435E-BF59-B0160965D878_zps2berywau.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/FB26BB03-D549-4B9C-9F4C-2B4DFCCE1F5F_zpsu5te8rkl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/FB26BB03-D549-4B9C-9F4C-2B4DFCCE1F5F_zpsu5te8rkl.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#15]

Yes that's a light and it's extremely common. You're not suppose to aim your weapon at something your not willing to kill and often times you need a light or for you to have both hands free.
View All Quotes
Who makes this hangar apparatus that's attached to his PC and RAS?

http://i.imgur.com/gdx0Gw0.jpg

Yeah, you'd think I'd have thought of something as simple as that. I'm really shitting the bed lately.

Anyway, is this more better?

</a>LrMobile1512-2015-0110867859151258900 by Joe Blow, on Flickr" />

I left my new, totally real, Flickr name in there too, btw.

I just delete the Flickr tags. Pretty simple.

I have been doing that, but I didn't start out doing that.

Also, this came with my Colt Mk18 upper. Would it be more appropriate as a backup sight? The only other front sight I have on hand are a couple Troy's.

</a>" />

Something makes me feel like I'm being bullied into taking these Magpuls off. I should set up my Mod 0 upper again, and put the Magpul on there out of spite, lol. That would be a sure fire way to sandy up some vaginas.

Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:The photo tags with the code is annoying but flickr is the best host site I've used so far. Photobucket is full of pop ups and spam. Just don't use your real name as your flickr account user!    

Yeah, I fixed it last night. I'm new to Flickr, and didn't know you could change it. It's actually really easy.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AstraPat] [#16]
Originally Posted By minion42:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minion42:
http://i.imgur.com/W8qsMCx.jpg

Thanks!

It's a left hand .54 cal flintlock my dad had made for me in 09 I think. Still need to get a elk with it.

WHAP BOOOOOOM

Love me some back powder

Repost

EDIT.. Do any of y'all have the skills to resize this photo to 20kb? Might be my next avatar. Arfcom logo somewhere would be cool too

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Always amazes me how fast ADCO is. Not sure they even had my Western Sport barrel in their possession for more than 30 minutes before the GB was already drilled/pinned, and the return shipping info was sent my way. CQBR number four should be complete by this Saturday.

Regarding BUIS, no BUIS is better than MBUS on a CQBR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
View Quote

Well, going by the amount of negativity towards them in recent posts, I'd say that was probably sarcasm. I genuinely like them though, lol. Bought them for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Well, going by the amount of negativity towards them in recent posts, I'd say that was probably sarcasm. I genuinely like them though, lol. Bought them for a reason.
View All Quotes

He meant it. No BUIS > MBUS lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Easy now... some of us dont have friends who just send us parts or deep pockets to pick up the correct ones on a whim.
We make it work until the pocket book can facilitate such purchases... especially since they were already laying around the house.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

LOL.........yeah, it depends on HOW you read that post.  I read it and I "see" no backup sights at all is better than MBUS.     or, you could read it as this,  there are no better backups than MBUS. For some reason though I think he was insinuating the former.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

LOL.........yeah, it depends on HOW you read that post.  I read it and I "see" no backup sights at all is better than MBUS.     or, you could read it as this,  there are no better backups than MBUS. For some reason though I think he was insinuating the former.
View All Quotes

They just don't fall under clone correct at all for me. We've seen them on like what, 2 rifles ever? Not to mention the 2 only MBUS rears I've ever owned snapped in fucking half like a twig
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:17:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#23]

View All Quotes

Oh, wait. I read it wrong. I thought he said "No BUIS is better than MBUS". Meaning, MBUS is better than all the other BUIS, lol.

Yeah, this basically, lol. I guess I got what he was saying either way. I read it wrong, but I thought it was sarcasm.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Oh, wait. I read it wrong. I thought he said "No BUIS is better than MBUS". Meaning, MBUS is better than all the other BUIS, lol.
View All Quotes

I see what you and stoner meant now. But nah he meant it's more clone correct to run no BUIS, than it is to run MBUS'

You need a taupe 99051 and a Matech in your life mang. I'm supposed to have my second 99051 here 2 fucking weeks ago, but there's an issue with my shipment.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I see what you and stoner meant now. But nah he meant it's more clone correct to run no BUIS, than it is to run MBUS'

You need a taupe 99051 and a Matech in your life mang. I'm supposed to have my second 99051 here 2 fucking weeks ago, but there's an issue with my shipment.
View Quote

Is the picture I posted not a Matech? I mean, it says it right on the bottom of the sight. Wrong kind?
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#26]

Is the picture I posted not a Matech? I mean, it says it right on the bottom of the sight. Wrong kind?
View All Quotes

I didn't even see that picture. I saw your MBUS picture. That is the right kind. But running a Matech with an MBUS front would be funky. (In a bad way of course)

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

USPS is still holding my 99051 hostage as well
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#28]
Originally Posted By TNW
USPS is still holding my 99051 hostage as well
View Quote

Makes me wish I never got rid of my first one, or my first RIS II. (Sorry bout my length fellers, I think mines a little longer than yours)

Holy shit!!! I spoke too soon! After 14 days of no updates, it's out for delivery!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Matech good, Knight's 300 good, Knight's 2-600 good. I believe the non micro versions are most correct, if there's such a thing.

Honestly though, Joe Blow, most people start out much worse than you with their clones.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Welp, I don't miss my old one anymore. Look who just showed up to the party. Yes I know my pic sucks, ECP. Don't curr.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#31]
Welp, I don't miss my old one anymore. Look who just showed up to the party. Yes I know my pic sucks, ECP. Don't curr.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5763/23149120563_d38f2731f2_b.jpg
View Quote

Party time.    Oh, in your picture posted two posts up, the long rail.........looks like it has three too many cross slots.  It longs to be a GL/SSC
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Party time.    Oh, in your picture posted two posts up, the long rail.........looks like it has three too many cross slots.  It longs to be a GL/SSC
View All Quotes

If I could only own one RIS II, I would go back to that one. FDE M4A1 RIS II for the win. Looking back on it I liked that one more than my FSP RIS II
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#33]
I didn't even see that picture. I saw your MBUS picture. That is the right kind. But running a Matech with an MBUS front would be funky. (In a bad way of course)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/574/21666214595_40b2966bea_b.jpg
View All Quotes

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/574/21666214595_40b2966bea_b.jpg

Well, like I said, I have a couple different kinds of Troy front sights laying around. This is the only one I could find. The H&K style one must be hiding in another one of the numerous old gun parts piles I have scattered in different places around the house. Could be hiding on the Recce, but I doubt it.

Anyway:

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

Tryin' out the Eotech. Kinda matches the paint better, but I don't think it's staying.

</a>" />

If I could only own one RIS II, I would go back to that one. FDE M4A1 RIS II for the win. Looking back on it I liked that one more than my FSP RIS II

You mean this one?

</a>" />

Honestly though, Joe Blow, most people start out much worse than you with their clones.

Lol, I guess I'll take that as a compliment.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Johnny, I'm only saying this because you're starting to get into cloning, and not just to be a giant asshole. But the Troy front sights aren't clone correct either.

SOCOM uses almost exclusively the KAC 99051 front flip-up on the Block 2 CQBR and the Block 2 M4A1 14.5. But no BUIS at all is also clone correct enough.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]
snip
View Quote

Random question with no real significance to anything, but why are you always wearing gloves, even inside the house? (I keep imagining you either a- have horrible burns on your hands or b- some prison tats )
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

Random question with no real significance to anything, but why are you always wearing gloves, even inside the house? (I keep imagining you either a- have horrible burns on your hands or b- some prison tats )
View All Quotes
snip

I was wondering that myself. Seems airsoft-ish.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Johnny, I'm only saying this because you're starting to get into cloning, and not just to be a giant asshole. But the Troy front sights aren't clone correct either.

SOCOM uses almost exclusively the KAC 99051 front flip-up on the Block 2 CQBR and the Block 2 M4A1 14.5. But no BUIS at all is also clone correct enough.
View Quote

Yeah, I was just trying to see if anything I had around the house would be "more clone correct cool dude" than the "you're a dick, take those fucking Magpul sights off". If it is absolutely necessary, I will eventually buy a KAC front sight. I'm more concerned with how I'm gonna finagle Surefire to sell me a 4p, lol. Also, I need to find a PRI Gen 3 handguard for the newly discovered Mod Holland.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
snip

Lol, no burns or prison tats (they wouldn't allow me to own Class 3 shit if I didn't have a spotless record, lol). Honestly, I keep a pair of gloves right next to my CQBR at all times. I fondle the thing all the time, and I like having gloves on (especially now that it's painted). I don't know. Call it personal preference. Sometimes that finds it way into my pics I guess.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Lol, no burns or prison tats (they wouldn't allow me to own Class 3 shit if I didn't have a spotless record, lol). Honestly, I keep a pair of gloves right next to my CQBR at all times. I fondle the thing all the time, and I like having gloves on (especially now that it's painted). I don't know. Call it personal preference. Sometimes that finds it way into my pics I guess.
View All Quotes
snip

Right on, no offense meant at the prison tat joke, of course.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#40]

View All Quotes
snip

Whyyyy you always lyyyyyyyyinnnnn

kidding.

By the way, if anybody has the 2 small set screws for an Aimpoint Comp M2 brightness adjustment knob, I would do things illegal in third world countries to/for you. I have the knob but no set screws for it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#41]

kidding.

By the way, if anybody has the 2 small set screws for an Aimpoint Comp M2 brightness adjustment knob, I would do things illegal in third world countries to/for you. I have the knob but no set screws for it.
View All Quotes
snip

kidding.

Milspec, send me your mailing addy bro, and I'll get you some in the mail.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey guys, wanted to give a heads up, gonna be throwing up a couple B5 enhanced sopmods, CQD sling mounts (2x rear, 1x front) and some HK sling hooks in the EE later this evening. Giving you all first dibs. Just shoot an IM or email.

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not selling off my clones. I got the stocks in a trade and I am replacing my CQDs with the clone correct DD front.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TAHK] [#43]

Decided yesterday to return my Eotech, sent return request last night, received approval this morning. Just dropped of the return package at Fedex.
During the day, already ordered an Aimpoint T2 and Spuhr mount
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BePhreed] [#44]
Wrong thread. Ugh.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I.M. sent stoner!

AR15USA- I got rid of all my eotechs as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
SNIP

I like that new paint man..much more clone-correct than my CQBRs paint

...don't worry about the flip-up sights and stuff. You'll probably end up replacing them in the end, but I can tell it's a clone as it sits now - It's just a clone with mbus mounted lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
SNIP

...don't worry about the flip-up sights and stuff. You'll probably end up replacing them in the end, but I can tell it's a clone as it sits now - It's just a clone with mbus mounted lol
View All Quotes
SNIP

They were in an "in the wild" pic at some point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Well after over a year of patience I finally located a brand new in the bag PEQ-2A for a decent price.  This is the last item I needed to acquire for the MK18 MOD 0 build.  Well the KAC NT4 is still in NFA jail, so one more part waiting to be in my possession.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TNW:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNW:
SNIP

Right, but there's a difference between "seen once" and "clone correct"

Just like all of the NC Star optics that have been seen on standard issue M4's, I'd hardly call that passable as a clone or clone correct lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AnthonyL:
Well after over a year of patience I finally located a brand new in the bag PEQ-2A for a decent price.  This is the last item I needed to acquire for the MK18 MOD 0 build.  Well the KAC NT4 is still in NFA jail, so one more part waiting to be in my possession.

http://i.imgur.com/kJUfpnZ.jpg
View Quote

Very cool man. How much you pay? I need a PEQ-2 and an LA-5 in my life.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 647 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top