View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

Originally Posted By AZJBT:

Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Originally Posted By brodband8:

Originally Posted By AZJBT:

Did y'all see the pictures of the Elcan HCO?

Yep, looks like elcan and eotech had a baby.

EXPS 3-0/SU-231A replacement in the near future?

Based on the specs released I'd say they are directly gunning for it.

I agree  

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha that's exactly what I thought of when I saw that angle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

View Quote
I REALLY hope they redesign it before releasing it. I would like to see
them not have the back look um gay... Also that FDE/Earth Brown/Orange
is horrible. Needs to look more like the ELCAN DR's Earth Brown.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Question: gents with the 0.070 gas port, what buffer spring and buffer combo are you using?

I have Sprinco "blue" and Colt H2 combo in my 14.5"s and they run extremly smooth. Not so much so with my 10.3" using that same set up . Should I go heavier?

Pic thread

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Roadblock:

I REALLY hope they redesign it before releasing it. I would like to see them not have the back look um gay... Also that FDE/Earth Brown/Orange is horrible. Needs to look more like the ELCAN DR's Earth Brown.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I REALLY hope they redesign it before releasing it. I would like to see them not have the back look um gay... Also that FDE/Earth Brown/Orange is horrible. Needs to look more like the ELCAN DR's Earth Brown.  

I really don't get all the FDE hoopla and price-hiking when there exists this magical elixir called spray paint.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Question: gents with the 0.070 gas port, what buffer spring and buffer combo are you using?

I have Sprinco "blue" and Colt H2 combo in my 14.5"s and they run extremly smooth. Not so much so with my 10.3" using that same set up . Should I go heavier?

Pic thread

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/p74Dvmluj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/907/4Dvmlu.jpg</a>
View Quote

Great pic. Really miss my Block II.

Enjoy the snow this weekend... I almost made the trip up to enjoy the storm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCDXXV] [#7]

Pic thread

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/p74Dvmluj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/907/4Dvmlu.jpg</a>
View Quote

I am running a standard Colt spring with a H2 buffer in mine. Runs like a champ.

ETA: Wet CQBR pic

Old pic to boot.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Pic thread

View Quote

10.3 WS .70 bbl with ST-T2 eats everything I throw at it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Pic thread

View Quote

H2 and standard spring.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
On my .070 I was running a factory Colt H2 and Colt spring, range 100%. I built another lower and just used a cheap standard Brownells spring and some random H2 buffer sold under the name RGuns and it wouldn't reliable cycle with the same ammo. Switched on an "H" on that spring and it works fine.

Colt H2 and Colt spring seems to be the ticket on mine though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:18:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#11]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:Side note, also looking for another Surefire SF3P flash hider if anyone got one they wanna part with. Posted in the EE looking for one.

View Quote

Surefire

Did you want a used one?

Edit: Also, I'm using a Spikes T3 buffer because I was having trouble with the H buffer that it came with. Running it on both a factory Colt 10.3 upper and a DD 10.3 upper, and they both seem to work 100% with xm193. I have a bunch of m855's, but I don't really shoot much of that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm like 99 percent sure SOCOM uses the H2 on the 10.3's as well. CD can confirm/deny that when he sees this in the A.M. tho.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Pic thread

View Quote

You shouldn't be needing heavier. H2 should be the heaviest you need, especially unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

What? You mean the Adams Arms piston conversion and DD lite rail aren't in the SOPMOD Block 2 package? News to me........

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RJeff21:
Originally Posted By Edit:
and finally, the 4th mk18 mod 1 upper.

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s18.postimg.org/ayvf7k8e1/hemad2.jpg</a>

What? You mean the Adams Arms piston conversion and DD lite rail aren't in the SOPMOD Block 2 package? News to me........

SOPMOD BLOCK III.

Direct impingement is so...BLOCK II.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:50:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: westernrumor] [#15]
Lurker of 2 years here and I finally get to join the club.  Also my mags came in .

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm like 99 percent sure SOCOM uses the H2 on the 10.3's as well. CD can confirm/deny that when he sees this in the A.M. tho.
View Quote

Currently running H2 on both 10.3" and 14.5" barreled guns.

CD
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:10:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By westernrumor:
Lurker of 2 years here and I finally get to join the club.  Also my mags came in .
http://i.imgur.com/aj3gsjK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vmQidmI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vSUsU06.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GGBc4Go.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T2uDP60.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/yeOClVJ.jpg
View Quote

Go buy more mags. I don't think you have quite enough.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#18]
Question was asked about the Machining Technologies (Matech) lower receiver extensions, 4 position.  They are made by the same company that makes the Army's BUIS and detachable carrying handle for the M4 and M16A4 guns.  CAGE Code 0GU83.

CD
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Pic thread

View Quote

Colt Factory along with a Factory Colt H2, same port size as you. Worked so far with a little less than 500 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#20]
H2's as well on both my clones (one has a LMT barrel and the other in a Noveske) but, I run a H3 in another 10.5 Noveske that also functions 100% both with and without a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Too many people to quoted haha.

I've also tried factory Colt spring + Colt H2. The Sprinco "blue" actually ran smoother.

My rifle runs fine with factory Colt spring and the Sprinco "blue". I tried 55gr to 77gr through it using both springs and it will eat everything it was fed. However the recoil is a lot more noticeable than my 14.5"s with the same springs/buffer set up. I guess it's just the fact that 10.3"s can't be as tamed as the longer barrels.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]

I've also tried factory Colt spring + Colt H2. The Sprinco "blue" actually ran smoother.

My rifle runs fine with factory Colt spring and the Sprinco "blue". I tried 55gr to 77gr through it using both springs and it will eat everything it was fed. However the recoil is a lot more noticeable than my 14.5"s with the same springs/buffer set up. I guess it's just the fact that 10.3"s can't be as tamed as the longer barrels.
View Quote

You're experiencing a couple things here.

1. The 14.5" is going to have much longer dwell time and so require (sort-of) less initial pressure to cycle the action because it will remain under pressure for longer. This will "feel" smoother in recoil even though it's the same length gas system. With the 10.3, you've got almost no dwell time so it requires the larger gas port to get enough pressure to cycle it. Think of it like the difference between a sharp punch and a strong push. This is a simplified explanation that leaves out a few key things but good enough to explain some of the difference.

2. The 14.5 is going to be a lot heavier. With the ELCAN vs. EXPS/G33, 14.5" vs. 10.3", 9.5" rail vs. 12" rail, there's just more weight there. You've also got more leverage on the 14.5" since you hold both of them towards the end of the rail. The weight/leverage combined will make the 14.5" feel much smoother.

3. If I'm not mistaken, don't you have brakes on your 14.5s and the 4p on your 10.3"? That's also going to make a HUGE difference.

Either way, there's not going to be "one true" combination of spring/buffer that will work universally for everyone. Even people that started with .070 gas ports will all be at different spots depending on round count and erosion. I'd say if H2/Blue runs the smoothest for you than stick with it. I think (obviously) with the .mil guns they're more concerned about reliability than recoil impulse. And for them the H2 buffer combo w/ .070 gave them what they needed. I'm sure there were other requirements there too though, like not having to swap out buffers on every single lower that wanted to use a CQBR, not switching spring systems, etc…
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

1. The 14.5" is going to have much longer dwell time and so require (sort-of) less initial pressure to cycle the action because it will remain under pressure for longer. This will "feel" smoother in recoil even though it's the same length gas system. With the 10.3, you've got almost no dwell time so it requires the larger gas port to get enough pressure to cycle it. Think of it like the difference between a sharp punch and a strong push. This is a simplified explanation that leaves out a few key things but good enough to explain some of the difference.

2. The 14.5 is going to be a lot heavier. With the ELCAN vs. EXPS/G33, 14.5" vs. 10.3", 9.5" rail vs. 12" rail, there's just more weight there. You've also got more leverage on the 14.5" since you hold both of them towards the end of the rail. The weight/leverage combined will make the 14.5" feel much smoother.

3. If I'm not mistaken, don't you have brakes on your 14.5s and the 4p on your 10.3"? That's also going to make a HUGE difference.

Either way, there's not going to be "one true" combination of spring/buffer that will work universally for everyone. Even people that started with .070 gas ports will all be at different spots depending on round count and erosion. I'd say if H2/Blue runs the smoothest for you than stick with it. I think (obviously) with the .mil guns they're more concerned about reliability than recoil impulse. And for them the H2 buffer combo w/ .070 gave them what they needed. I'm sure there were other requirements there too though, like not having to swap out buffers on every single lower that wanted to use a CQBR, not switching spring systems, etc…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Thanks JB! That's what I thought as well about 10.3" v 14.5". Just gauging to see what others in here runs and if they have any successes in reducing the recoil.

I'm gonna get the Sprinco "white" for the 10.3" and stick with that plus H2 buffer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#26]
It's been awhile... Pic thread.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Is that a troy front sight with a magpul rear?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jturner1906:

View All Quotes

Looks that way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Yep. Another guy not clone correct.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Looks that way.
View All Quotes

Looks that way.

Too many ppl have been stealing the USMC marked KAC buis and selling them on ebay, they had to go local and buy whatever is o shelf.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GersonB90:

Too many ppl have been stealing the USMC marked KAC buis and selling them on ebay, they had to go local and buy whatever is o shelf.
View All Quotes

Looks that way.

eventually they'll start getting their own sights back, you'd think.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10Point3] [#33]

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Looks that way.

It's the ciiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiife.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

Carry handle on the quad rail is interesting
View All Quotes

Chilean SF
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone else notice that sometimes in order to get their shit to work with insight dual switch, you have to press it more than once?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone else notice that sometimes in order to get their shit to work with insight dual switch, you have to press it more than once?
View Quote

Im only running a light off of mine, and dont have any problems. But I rarely use the switch which is practically brand new.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#39]
0.070 gas port master race!

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Domestique:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1650/24399877202_6dbfec115d_h.jpg

View Quote

Nice. When I got mine, I just lied to y'all and said it was 0.070. I think that was on the old thread.

Where'd you get it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I sent eric working pictures of the new elcan holosite

You guys bug him if you want to see it!

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
I sent eric working pictures of the new elcan holosite

You guys bug him if you want to see it!

View Quote

Post them up on IG so we can see it
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Just posted them there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Will816:

Nice. When I got mine, I just lied to y'all and said it was 0.070. I think that was on the old thread.

Where'd you get it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Will816:
Originally Posted By Domestique:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1650/24399877202_6dbfec115d_h.jpg

Where'd you get it?

It was a 16" DD barrel I had ADCO chop to 10.3 and open up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:37:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#45]
.070 gas port bbls

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Just posted them there.
View Quote

Definitely digging that reticle
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#47]
.070 gas port bbls

http://s21.postimg.org/dmgewrwc7/12620462_967061843341677_615861093_o.jpg
View Quote

Lmao I've been reading and sometimes post on here, and I'm used to reading ppl names and associat them according to their pictures. But you sir love those funny double chin faces!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Lmao I've been reading and sometimes post on here, and I'm used to reading ppl names and associat them according to their pictures. But you sir love those funny double chin faces!!
View All Quotes
.070 gas port bbls

http://s21.postimg.org/dmgewrwc7/12620462_967061843341677_615861093_o.jpg

lol, yeah I just pick shit that seems funny to me at the time and turn it into avatar
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

My RMT was pretty beat up but still worked perfectly, first light push did it every time with both cables. Yours may be wearing out
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#50]

WML on his dome and not on his rifle. So tier juan!!!!

Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 684 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top