BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 844 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
For many building a rifle is satisfying enough to make firing the necessary and conclusive final step, a satisfaction that is shared in many hobbies. I've built several, sighted them in and use them to attract dust away from my next build.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By davebl:
any of you cats spend years getting your stick put together, then get bored with it?

i've had my mk18 and cqbr block 2 for several years, I miss the fun of chasing the parts.  Fun guns to shoot, don't get me wrong.  Just bored with them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By davebl:
any of you cats spend years getting your stick put together, then get bored with it?

i've had my mk18 and cqbr block 2 for several years, I miss the fun of chasing the parts.  Fun guns to shoot, don't get me wrong.  Just bored with them.
View Quote

I have a block II FSP M4A1 upper I'm finishing up (pinned A2X) and as I expect I won't be getting the SF can anytime soon (or probably ever), I'm toying with selling off the barrel and (originally black but krylon'd) RIS from my mk18, and using that to do a 11.5 BFH from BCM and probably ALG handguard.  Dunno.  I feel that feel though, bro.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
"The" Costa said in an interview following his runway appearance in Japan that airsoft players in Asia make extraordinary efforts to copy the kit of the live-fire groups they choose to cosplay, as a way to honor said groups.

Imitation isn't always about flattery, most times it just works. Such could be said of the subject of this clone thread and others clone threads.

I will shortly be committing heresy and building up a CQBR in 300BLK.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SciFiFlyer:
"The" Costa said in an interview following his runway appearance in Japan that airsoft players in Asia make extraordinary efforts to copy the kit of the live-fire groups they choose to cosplay, as a way to honor said groups.

Imitation isn't always about flattery, most times it just works. Such could be said of the subject of this clone thread and others clone threads.

View Quote

Do it! The CQBR in 300 BLK is awesome. It is probably my favorite gun to use with nods.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I do like the simplicity of this one.  I'm assuming your upper is ceracoated.  What color?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Planning on building one. I have the 14.5" MK18 MOD0 block I.  Planning on getting a 10.3" upper.

Is the Colt MK18 URG being sold by SAW a cut-down or factory 10.3"?
Or it is marked C MP CB 5.56MM NATO 1/7 under the hand-guard?  It says chromed chamber & bore on description but can't really make it out on the pics.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I was able to pick up my URG with a Gov. contract Daniel Defense 10.3" barrel.  I'm not too sure on rarity, but I don't see too many of them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
Finally got a CQD. Once my vcas nsn gets here I'll be Done with the cqbr.

pic in honor of milspec556
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
ive had a MK18 Mod 0 with the QDSS since summer 2008. cant say i ever got bored with it. fire it regularly

For many building a rifle is satisfying enough to make firing the necessary and conclusive final step, a satisfaction that is shared in many hobbies. I've built several, sighted them in and use them to attract dust away from my next build.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/IMG-2309-120279.JPGFinally got a CQD. Once my vcas nsn gets here I'll be Done with the cqbr.

View Quote
Not blurry or close enough.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:49:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: veeklog] [#12]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/IMG-2309-120279.JPGFinally got a CQD. Once my vcas nsn gets here I'll be Done with the cqbr.

View Quote

Got my CQD front and rear sling mounts today, along with a Magpul AFG 2 in FDE. The only thing that is not Block II correct is my suppressor and mount, which is a Silencerco SPECWAR. I plan to buy a Surefire SOCOM Suppressor, Surefire Mount, and Eotech ATPIAL-C FDE after I get my tax return
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Not blurry or close enough.
View Quote
Hahaha true. Often imitated, never duplicated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Do it! The CQBR in 300 BLK is awesome. It is probably my favorite gun to use with nods.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20160320-113155-120039.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbye:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20160320-113155-120039.JPG
I have similar plans - pretty much just need to find the damn MK18 RIS II rail.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:43:28 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I did a 5.45 clone...but only for the c-h-e-a-p ammo (back when it was cheap).
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:57:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#16]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

I did a 5.45 clone...but only for the c-h-e-a-p ammo (back when it was cheap).
View Quote

I almost did that circa 2009.... got an AK74 instead that I shot for pennies it seemed... shot a night carbine class with a 5.56 AR when I got back from deployment but one of the guys was running a 5.45 upper... that 7N6 is gnarly when it hits steel targets at night
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jrhemming] [#17]
Painted didn't like it, stripped it not sure if I want to repaint now. Just picked up the light.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jrhemming:
Painted didn't like it, stripped it not sure if I want to repaint now. Just picked up the light.
View Quote

You painted the BCG as well???
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cone256:

View Quote
I didn't notice that. Damn!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

clone-correctest.  

RTUtah just got a gauntlet thrown down....
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

clone-correctest.  

RTUtah just got a gauntlet thrown down....
View Quote
BCM makes a FDE BCG. Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#23]
BCM makes a FDE BCG. Just saying.
View Quote

I believe my signature sums it up good sir.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

I believe my signature sums it up good sir.
View Quote
That you like oral? Good to know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jrhemming] [#25]

View All Quotes

Not going to lie that was an accident... got a little carried away that is the only spot. I didn't pull it out and do the whole thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Not going to lie that was an accident... got a little carried away that is the only spot. I didn't pull it out and do the whole thing.
View Quote

Shoulda pulled out...  Just sayin
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my RAS and Carry handle today!! already to the carry handle cut down. Will post pictures of my upper with it on once I get it cleaned up and painted. Now only 9 more months to wait for my form 1
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
CDNN has what appears to be the same stock for $30.

Bam!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eodinert:
CDNN has what appears to be the same stock for $30.

Bam!

Originally Posted By js1977:
Wanted to pass this along... I'm not affiliated with Spinta in anyway.  While looking at barrels I stumbled onto this stock and took a chance.

SOPMOD stocks from Spinta precision are 49.99 and so far look to be an awesome find.  Plus they're made in USA.

arrived today (gonna post in the Mk12 thread as well since both rifles use this style stock as an option)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/438461/IMG-0959-117424.JPG

After seeing this, I went on CDNN and ordered the complete kit for 49.99 (SOPMOD, Mil Spec buffer tube, spring, buffer, plate and castle nut)  It just got here today.  The stock appears to be exactly the same one as js1977.  I guess I should have known that the other parts would be questionable.  They dont look bad, but I didn't compare directly.  The RE is Chinese manufactured.  I should have known.  I try to use US made parts where available in my builds.  I dont mind paying more within reason.  I see all the small business that are springing up around the firearms industry, and do my best to support them as long as they or have someone manufacture here in the US.  My dad and many many family members were auto workers, so it was instilled in me early on.  I wont use the parts other than the stock (made in the US), but its still a decent price for a stock.  Let me know by EMAIL if anyone wants the other pieces of kit, $10 and Ill get it in the mail Monday.    First one in my inbox gets it as long as PP funds are received.  
Service was quick....

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Parting out my Block II CQBR to clone something else.... just a heads up to the crowd, most of it is in the EE already.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

View Quote
Always pull out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Got the barrel back from chop today. Just waiting on BCG and eventually a "C" upper. Really digging the KISS setup of this upper. Feels soooo much handier than the CQBR or M4.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#32]
And FYI:  If you want to have your Surefire can repainted, they charge $80 to strip, paint and change out the locking ring as its anodized.  

So for those who bought a black can but wish you had an FDE SOCOM, there you go.  Have to call Surefire to get it setup.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

What color is the other/inside of the ejection port door?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:50:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#34]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Never let them collect dust
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:07:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

What color is the other/inside of the ejection port door?
View Quote

It was painted I shut it and painted it after I got carried away and hit the bcg.
You guys don't miss anything! Haha
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:05:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#38]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

View Quote

If it doesn't affect function, which I'm guessing it doesn't, who cares if there's a little paint on the BCG............
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

If it doesn't affect function, which I'm guessing it doesn't, who cares if there's a little paint on the BCG............
View Quote

I think the "Shoulda pulled out" was a joke referring to man's other "rifle".
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#41]
I gave the snow camo a shot, but I was too lazy to tape off the accessories so I just took them off. Now that I got it back together I think I'm going to have to paint the accessories as well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#43]

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
View Quote
And then you come in a one-up me.

I really need to get something set up for a white background. I've got some large sheets of posterboard, but I don't have very good lighting in the only place I could set them up semi-permanently
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

So I used to have these uppers on one lower... then the M4A1 upper turned into another rifle and the CQBR upper turned into another mod 0 upper... I need another safe. The funny thing is I used to laugh at the guys with a bunch of ARs... now ive got like five in 5.56 and one in .300 BLK (PDW build)...
View Quote
I'm not even sure how many I've got at this point.

I've only got the 1 SBR lower and I don't feel like going through the hoops any time soon to do 2 more. I was only really concerned with doing one so that I would have a copy of my deployment M4, then I realized I could do a Mk18/CQBR and run them and be sorta-ish correct. One day I'll do some more.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#47]
And then you come in a one-up me.

I really need to get something set up for a white background. I've got some large sheets of posterboard, but I don't have very good lighting in the only place I could set them up semi-permanently
View Quote

Ha! Not intentional. Actually my pics turned out really grainy after sending them from my iPhone to my laptop and then to Photobucket. The crisp resolution went out the window; I need to break out my wife's Canon 6D and stop disappointing myself. The backdrop is really low tech - it's a tri-fold Presentation Board from Walgreens or similar. I try and time my pics with good outside sunlight and lay everything out on the ground. Then I just edit the pics on my phone and adjust the exposure until the white is crisp and (most of) the shadows are gone. Super easy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Ha! Not intentional. Actually my pics turned out really grainy after sending them from my iPhone to my laptop and then to Photobucket. The crisp resolution went out the window; I need to break out my wife's Canon 6D and stop disappointing myself. The backdrop is really low tech - it's a tri-fold Presentation Board from Walgreens or similar. I try and time my pics with good outside sunlight and lay everything out on the ground. Then I just edit the pics on my phone and adjust the exposure until the white is crisp and (most of) the shadows are gone. Super easy.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not a fan of PB for any "good" pics, I reserve my Flickr for the ones I am really proud of. Too cold to go outside and take pics here. I just started dicking around with DSLR last fall and picked up a used 3200 to learn on.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:43:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#49]
Thanks for the heads up on Flickr. I have an old account and just uploaded these same pics. They seem to look much better, pluse no annoying pop-up ads and laptop processer working overtime to complete simple tasks. Man, Photobucket sucks...

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the heads up on Flickr. I have an old account and just uploaded these same pics. They seem to look much better, pluse no annoying pop-up ads and laptop processer working overtime to complete simple tasks. Man, Photobucket sucks...

View Quote
Those look better. The only reason I still use it is because I've had it forever and I've got a lot of stuff on there I like to use from time to time. Every time I use it, it's like someone put the brakes on the computer. So much garbage running in the background there.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 844 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top