Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 857 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

I too have had a couple BFG VCAS padded slings on my rifles and they're pretty good. However, I've been following Lucas Botkin and T.Rex Arms for a bit, recently bought their Ragnarok light bearing holster, and I've decided I'm going to try out their Ferro Concepts Slingster. Material seems like it will be more comfortable, the padding has the ability to slide to where you need it, and the price is right. Ferro Concepts Slingster
View Quote
Looks pretty cool. I really want one of the Haley slings, but HOLY FUCK are they proud of them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I really liked the afg with the dual switch until it came time to actually shoot. Took it off and stuck my tango down back on.

also got a kac riser on the way, can't wait to try it out under nods
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Looks pretty cool. I really want one of the Haley slings, but HOLY FUCK are they proud of them.
View Quote

Ha! Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#4]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Well I really liked the afg with the dual switch until it came time to actually shoot. Took it off and stuck my tango down back on.

also got a kac riser on the way, can't wait to try it out under nods
View Quote

Spooled, which KAC riser did you get and which optic are you pairing it up with? After seeing that Redback One rifle setup with the riser and the idea of less neck strain, I've been mildly interested. I have an EXPS3-0 that I'd like to elevate. No NODS, but...
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Spooled, which KAC riser did you get and which optic are you pairing it up with? After seeing that Redback One rifle setup with the riser and the idea of less neck strain, I've been mildly interested. I have an EXPS3-0 that I'd like to elevate. No NODS, but...
View Quote
I got the this one. I was looking for one for the last few months and never thought to go directly to KAC lol...

im going to be using it with a 553 

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=KM98053
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link. Looks like it's OOS. Also, Operation Parts lists it as discontinued. Hopefully you can still get one. GL.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the link. Looks like it's OOS. Also, Operation Parts lists it as discontinued. Hopefully you can still get one. GL.
View Quote
Yeah I'm hoping it will ship lol...

the stuff on their site that says OOS won't let you add to cart. So I'll be sitting with my fingers crossed
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]

the stuff on their site that says OOS won't let you add to cart. So I'll be sitting with my fingers crossed
View Quote

Trying to hold out for the RB1 set up... I dig the whole set up and the skeletonized mount with the ability to still run your irons... very slick
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iluvmy86] [#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

Trying to hold out for the RB1 set up... I dig the whole set up and the skeletonized mount with the ability to still run your irons... very slick
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

The RB1 setup is sweet. You can achieve a similar setup with the KAC short rail riser and a Scalarworks LDM110 mount (obviously not one piece, though).

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=KM98063
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Pelican 1780
Pretty sure I've protected it for my needs

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:42:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#12]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
I have a question for the folks using the factory Colt 10.3" barrel with the .70 gas port. Have you ever experienced any reliability issues with .223 ammo? I just assembled a new upper and I test fired using factory .223 55 gr and .223 62 gr rounds and the rifle wouldn't cycle for shit. I would be able to get maybe 1-3 rounds and would just stop or i get FTF. I did also test fire using new factory 5.56 62 gr rounds and had little no stoppages. The rifle also was unable to hold bolt open on the last round using both the .223 and 5.56 ammo. Thoughts?
View Quote

It's always best to break in a brand new AR with 5.56 ammo.  And yeah, maybe jump down to a CAR buffer if you have one laying around.  Either way, shoot about 60-100 rounds of 5.56 through it.  Also, did you lube it?  I only ask because I've had friends at the range before have cycling problems and come to find out there were running their new upper completely dry.  I was scratching my head on that one.  Although with that particular case it was a 450 socom upper and he was using handloads.  So all bets were off.  But having no lube isn't going to help anyone's cause on a brand new upper.  And neither will light ammo.  

Once it's broke in, it's good if it can shoot anything.  All of my uppers can digest wolf with no problems.  Haven't tried Tula yet though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#13]
MARSOC M4A1 CQBR clone

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

It's always best to break in a brand new AR with 5.56 ammo.  And yeah, maybe jump down to a CAR buffer if you have one laying around.  Either way, shoot about 60-100 rounds of 5.56 through it.  Also, did you lube it?  I only ask because I've had friends at the range before have cycling problems and come to find out there were running their new upper completely dry.  I was scratching my head on that one.  Although with that particular case it was a 450 socom upper and he was using handloads.  So all bets were off.  But having no lube isn't going to help anyone's cause on a brand new upper.  And neither will light ammo.  

Once it's broke in, it's good if it can shoot anything.  All of my uppers can digest wolf with no problems.  Haven't tried Tula yet though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
I have a question for the folks using the factory Colt 10.3" barrel with the .70 gas port. Have you ever experienced any reliability issues with .223 ammo? I just assembled a new upper and I test fired using factory .223 55 gr and .223 62 gr rounds and the rifle wouldn't cycle for shit. I would be able to get maybe 1-3 rounds and would just stop or i get FTF. I did also test fire using new factory 5.56 62 gr rounds and had little no stoppages. The rifle also was unable to hold bolt open on the last round using both the .223 and 5.56 ammo. Thoughts?

Yes it was very well lubed.  I think I will try the car buffer next. It currently has An H buffer now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Which hooks are you guys using for cqd mounted slings?
View Quote

I prefer MASH hooks:  can't snag, can't fail.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:30:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#16]
Have a question and I'm hoping someone more in tune with current demand of this particular product may know. I have a Blue Force Gear VCAS AOR1 Padded sling that I bought several years ago. I remember at one point, I was told people were buying these for close to $300 dollars after they were discontinued.

Does anyone know if that's still the case given the fact that these are not offered anymore?

ETA: The only thing I could come up with was seeing one sell on eBay sometime in 2014 for 3 hundred and change.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I thought so too, so i decided to make a clone of it. after buying all the supplies i was less than 20 bucks from the cost of the haley slings, and theirs have prettier stitching
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

I thought so too, so i decided to make a clone of it. after buying all the supplies i was less than 20 bucks from the cost of the haley slings, and theirs have prettier stitching
View Quote
That'll learn ya,
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

All the extra money to get the absolute correct parts for a perfect clone, but $50 for a sling is too much.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:00:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#21]
I need an arms #22m68 of anyone finds one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Just got shipping notification on the long riser so I guess they are indeed available.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ozgood03:

All the extra money to get the absolute correct parts for a perfect clone, but $50 for a sling is too much.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ozgood03:

A Haley sling is a tad more than $50.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Andro corp has a limited run of 10.3" barrels with .070 gas port sizes. There is a coupon code too for them ("MK18") while you're in the cart view.

4-6 week lead time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
I need an arms #22m68 of anyone finds one

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348028/20170212-204046-145853.JPG
View Quote

That's a sweet build.

There several #22m68 mounts on eBay right now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Andro corp has a limited run of 10.3" barrels with .070 gas port sizes. There is a coupon code too for them ("MK18") while you're in the cart view.

4-6 week lead time.
View Quote
Damn, that's a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Waiting on SOPMOD stock to complete

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:42:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jayg0351] [#28]
Waiting on SOPMOD stock to complete and have a suppressor that should be approved by Dec. The YHM is a bit big for this rifle. The gunsmith who cut my barrel didn't cut the right length. I asked for 10.5 it came back 11. Guess he didn't measure twice and cut once. Any way he discounted the price but would not recut.

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
MARSOC M4A1 CQBR clone

http://i.imgur.com/razsqgX.jpg
View Quote

I see a trend.  Like Milpsecs comforter....  JCrowls blue couch (that might be before your time), MiamiJBT's wood fence......  (more in the pistol forum or A2 forum)

It is an interesting way of doing it.  It does make for a nice clean background.  Minus the floating arm.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jayg0351:
Waiting on SOPMOD stock to complete and have a suppressor that should be approved by Dec. The YHM is a bit big for this rifle.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/jayg0351/Mobile%20Uploads/20170110_115149_zpsd0q8nalu_edit_1484078158809_zpsw4v4wnqh.jpg
View Quote

sweet 11.5" CQBR
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#31]
Originally Posted By HAMMERF0RGED:

sweet 11.5" CQBR
http://i.imgur.com/mGYYr63.jpg
View Quote

Beaut. It's interesting seeing these builds on FB and then on here lol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Is the Surefire SFMB-556-1/2-28 fuckin vaporware right now???

I cannot find one in stock anywhere online, Surefire cancelled my order, LaRue's site said in stock and I ordered and minutes later my order was cancelled because they didn't have it.

Anybody got a hookup on one in stock or a spare they're willing to sell???
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Beaut. It's interesting seeing these builds on FB and then on here lol.
View Quote

Especially when its the trifecta
FB/ARF/IG
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By HAMMERF0RGED:

sweet 11.5" CQBR
http://i.imgur.com/mGYYr63.jpg
View Quote

11.5? Looks sick though.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

11.5? Looks sick though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260264/LRM-EXPORT-20170213-165852-146083.JPG
View Quote

Sick Paint, I was referring to the guys in the picture above me lol
mines 10.3"
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Found some of these. Some I hadn't seen.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Those must be some magical lenses. 50mm f1.2, wide the fuck open? It's hard getting pictures with that much light, at night, without taking long ass exposures, and most of them aren't even that blurry.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Those must be some magical lenses. 50mm f1.2, wide the fuck open? It's hard getting pictures with that much light, at night, without taking long ass exposures, and most of them aren't even that blurry.
View Quote

A buddy of mine has a fancy camera that takes awesome pictures at night.

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
That and turn the ISO up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:

A buddy of mine has a fancy camera that takes awesome pictures at night.

http://i65.tinypic.com/5anx9c.jpg
View Quote
That thing is like magic.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#41]

4-6 week lead time.
View Quote

Is the .070 port size a suppression port size and not really for unsurpassed shooting?  I noticed in the description that it said the barrel may not cycle 100% when not suppressed...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Is the .070 port size a suppression port size and not really for unsurpassed shooting?  I noticed in the description that it said the barrel may not cycle 100% when not suppressed...
View Quote

- .070 is the Crane-spec gas port size for the 10.3" barrel to cycle reliably with M855 62gr mil-spec ammo both unsuppressed and suppressed with an H2 buffer.

- .070 may not cycle reliably in a civilian gun unsupressed because we run lots of ammo that's significantly less pressure than mil-spec M855. The usual suspects are steel case (Wolf, Tula, etc…) and PMC 55gr.

- .070 will most likely cycle reliably suppressed in any civilian gun because the added back pressure from the suppressor will help cycle the gun even with low pressure ammo.

- ~10" barrels experience accelerated gas port erosion compared to longer barrels with longer dwell time. So as time goes on and after thousands of rounds, the port will open up slightly. If the gun does not cycle reliably at first with a certain type of ammo it might later.

- Most people have have good luck with shooting all types of ammo with a .070 unsuppressed by swapping out for a lighter buffer. Using a standard Carbine buffer instead of an H2 will decrease the amount of pressure needed to cycle the action reliably.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]

I see a trend.  Like Milpsecs comforter....  JCrowls blue couch (that might be before your time), MiamiJBT's wood fence......  (more in the pistol forum or A2 forum)

It is an interesting way of doing it.  It does make for a nice clean background.  Minus the floating arm.  
View Quote

LOL oh I definitely remember JCrowl's blue couch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Its a Sony A7S2 50MM 1.2... all shot on auto, no manual ISO correction... shutter was maybe open for .35 seconds.... It was under a full moon so that helped.

That thing is like magic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By stinkypol:

We need proof of life.

Full spread shot of your shit on your comforter or you ain't who you say you are

Dafuq?  Did you move out of Cali, and get yourself some SBRzzzz?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:
Its a Sony A7S2 50MM 1.2... all shot on auto, no manual ISO correction... shutter was maybe open for .35 seconds.... It was under a full moon so that helped.

http://i.imgur.com/5AtVDpw.jpg
View Quote
Like I said.......magic. Especially with it being on auto.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#47]
I enjoy liberating 10.5" peasant barrels from uppers.

By no means precision instrument to measure, but it's still massive and in that ball park.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:

http://i.imgur.com/5AtVDpw.jpg
View Quote

Called it. Still though, that quick of exposure for that clean and relatively noiseless photo is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Most of those photos would predate Sony's bodies or I would be very skeptical.

I picked the best and clearest ones to post. There are plenty with a ton of motion blur because I'd bet exposures are 8 seconds+ highest ISO and wide open.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Most of those photos would predate Sony's bodies or I would be very skeptical.

I picked the best and clearest ones to post. There are plenty with a ton of motion blur because I'd bet exposures are 8 seconds+ highest ISO and wide open.
View Quote
I would agree.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 857 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top