User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 934 of 1568)
Page / 1568
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Well guys, my local pawn shop had a box of goodies dropped off by a recently retired SEAL. Among the handful of fun stuff I bought out of it was this... So I guess I need to Form 1 another lower and start building a Mod 0 companion to my Block II CQBR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Mister donut....I'll get some pics up soon of it in it's appropriate for this thread configuration.

Very nice muzzle device too!
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Unity tactical fusion micro hub with ATPIAL adapter is what you need. Here's one on a issued gun.

https://i.imgur.com/N45QDje.jpg
View Quote
I think I see Troy buis.

And an STR on the one CD posted, that is interesting.

These builds are so cool.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Unity tactical fusion micro hub with ATPIAL adapter is what you need. Here's one on a issued gun.

https://i.imgur.com/N45QDje.jpg
View Quote
Is that Eotech overhanging as much as I think?

Looks like a Battle Arms selector too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 100roundclipazine:

Ew

But yeah basically it doesnt fit
View Quote
I should have been more specific I mean run the light at 4:30 using the thorntail mount. That wouldn't be that bad would it?
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#6]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

View Quote
I think it's one of those cantilevered risers.

Like this but probably a better brand....  Looks like Larue levers....  I can't find it on their website though....

Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Like this but probably a better brand....  Looks like Larue levers....  I can't find it on their website though....

https://ii.cheaperthandirt.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/cheaperthandirt/source/scp-1001-050_1.tif&wid=1000&cvt=jpeg
View Quote
Good eye. LT101
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:41:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Petes1552] [#8]

https://ii.cheaperthandirt.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/cheaperthandirt/source/scp-1001-050_1.tif&wid=1000&cvt=jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

LT101 ETA - beat to it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Any word on when the new m300c is shipping? I've heard they are back ordered but ordered over the weekend and haven't got anything from Surefire about if it's shipped or if it's on back order
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jrhemming:
Any word on when the new m300c is shipping? I've heard they are back ordered but ordered over the weekend and haven't got anything from Surefire about if it's shipped or if it's on back order
View Quote
Got an email from them today. Three weeks...
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
I got an email today as well:

Hello,

The M300C-Z68-TN you have ordered is currently still out of stock. We are unable to offer a firm date of availability; however the average lead-time for this item is 2-4 weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. Thank you

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department

Then they charged my card again. They charged it originally when I placed my order, then the amount was credited back and then they charged it again today. Not sure what that means, as their site states they only charge when the item ships.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up 78staff's Elcan off the EE, should be in saturday, this guns gonna be pretty hefty with the socom on the end of it, eclan may get put on the SCAR when everything is said and done.

Since its been discussed a little, heres some pics of my setup with the Horntail SBR and an M300A. I run my laser far back anyway, so no big deal to me. I only had to move it 1 more slot back than how i have been running it, and that was to fit the switch at 12 o'clock.

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
I picked up 78staff's Elcan off the EE, should be in saturday, this guns gonna be pretty hefty with the socom on the end of it, eclan may get put on the SCAR when everything is said and done.

Since its been discussed a little, heres some pics of my setup with the Horntail SBR and an M300A. I run my laser far back anyway, so no big deal to me. I only had to move it 1 more slot back than how i have been running it, and that was to fit the switch at 12 o'clock.

https://i.imgur.com/NTNGrCc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4AGwmAF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dudVfYN.jpg
View Quote
@spooled Activating the pressure switches do not get in the way of the peqs illum?  how are your switches configured?  Seems odd to me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Last week they told me they get them in stock December 22nd.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

@spooled Activating the pressure switches do not get in the way of the peqs illum?  how are your switches configured?  Seems odd to me.
View Quote
I find the Illumination on the atpial-c just about useless, BUT if I do use it I'll just double click the laser button and move my thumb.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:31:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: karmapolice] [#17]

View All Quotes

It is the larue one:https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-picatinny-riser-qd-lt101/

Honestly the best one right now to me is a larue ims Mk1 or 2 until scalarworks maybe comes out with one lol. If you can find the Knights Armament one in stock I'd get one but I can't find them anywhere http://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-short-scope-ring-riser-4-inches-long-3-4-inch-high/

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
https://i.imgur.com/D0zeBA0.jpg
View Quote
bro you getting into the mod 0 game?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
https://i.imgur.com/D0zeBA0.jpg
Thats about as close as I'm willing get, a better M2 mount and that may be it.

If I ever find someone making a suitable 300Blk barrel its getting one, I figure as little as itll get shot, and as niche as that upper is, 300BLK will suit it fine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 1:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#20]
Take off the aimpoint and you've got a Kyle Defoor clone.  Well if you painted the rest of it.  

You probably knew that, seeins as how you have the same laser.   I guess you'd need the VFG and light if you were going all the way.

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure I can stumble upon a KAC butt plug grip somewhere easy enough. I've got a SF 952V but it didnt make the picture.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Zeroed the irons and the Aimpoint today. Poor light made it tougher but its good enough for a rough zero. Used a 25m zero for now, I may or may not go to a 50m zero, dont see this upper getting a whole lot of use so it doesnt much matter in the end.

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Zeroed the irons and the Aimpoint today. Poor light made it tougher but its good enough for a rough zero. Used a 25m zero for now, I may or may not go to a 50m zero, dont see this upper getting a whole lot of use so it doesnt much matter in the end.

https://i.imgur.com/FLEPjGF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f4ENW2M.jpg
View Quote
Is that the Military latch PRI Gas Buster on that?  Been looking for a pic to see how far the latch sticks out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#24]
@Spooled, why do I feel like I've had that rail in my possession before? :)
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:50:49 AM EDT
[#25]
@Spooled

I see your rail doesn't have t-marks on the right side.  Are there markings on the other sides?  I have an RIS with no markings only on the right side and wonder if there were others like it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:41:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#26]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
@Spooled

I see your rail doesn't have t-marks on the right side.  Are there markings on the other sides?  I have an RIS with no markings only on the right side and wonder if there were others like it.
View Quote
It is cerakoted by @ankratz, which has held up great for almost 2 years.

when I put this gun together almost 2 years ago FDE rails were hard to come by, so I sourced a black one locally and sent it to ankratz for his magic touch. Good eye!
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice video here by Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Solutions on the Mk18....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhROT_pNeBw

Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I have been waiting waiting to get my SF SOCOM  back from SF for getting it rebuilt.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
I have been waiting waiting to get my SF SOCOM  back from SF for getting it rebuilt.
View Quote
Details on that?  What did it cost if anything?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#30]
I being a DUMB ASS didn't check my  SF 60rd mag. and old childhood friend my brand new FN SCAR 16 W/ A stuck SF SOCOM Can after firing a 150rds. as fast as I could and got my can glowing orange in daylight with a Giessele SCAR trigger that I installed. I tried to make some blanks and fired them with no luck. I had the Locking Ring loose. I sprayed some stuff a retired SGT. MAJOR, Vietnam Vet. told me to use on it and good friend. I inserted a Reg. 5.56mm SF 60rd. Mag and pulled the trigger and the SF SOCOM flew about 25-30FT. I tried to reinstall the SF SOCOM and the locking ring wouldn't start the treads. I called Surefire and sent them my can they found a miner baffle strike. They said cost is $600.00. But gave me a price break and only charge me $400.00 and I had to send the SF Muzzle Brake to them to test it and them had a free one in the US Mail to me I didn't put any SF Tread Locker on the muzzle brake. I plan SBR it and Buy a Factory FN 10.0 barrel at my FFL Gun dealer discount pricing. SF are rebuilding the SOCOM and recoating it FDE and Test Firing it and I should get it next week it has been shipped from SF,CA to eastern NC my front door.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I have been though about 5- SF 60RD. MAGS and the Flower is sticking rounds will not push up to load. if you take the mag out and turn it upside down rounds will fallout. I one more to test and all back to Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Wtf?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I being a DUMB ASS didn't check my  SF 60rd mag. and old childhood friend my brand new FN SCAR 16 W/ A stuck SF SOCOM Can after firing a 150rds. as fast as I could and got my can glowing orange in daylight with a Giessele SCAR trigger that I installed. I tried to make some blanks and fired them with no luck. I had the Locking Ring loose. I sprayed some stuff a retired SGT. MAJOR, Vietnam Vet. told me to use on it and good friend. I inserted a Reg. 5.56mm SF 60rd. Mag and pulled the trigger and the SF SOCOM flew about 25-30FT. I tried to reinstall the SF SOCOM and the locking ring wouldn't start the treads. I called Surefire and sent them my can they found a miner baffle strike. They said cost is $600.00. But gave me a price break and only charge me $400.00 and I had to send the SF Muzzle Brake to them to test it and them had a free one in the US Mail to me I didn't put any SF Tread Locker on the muzzle brake. I plan SBR it and Buy a Factory FN 10.0 barrel at my FFL Gun dealer discount pricing. SF are rebuilding the SOCOM and recoating it FDE and Test Firing it and I should get it next week it has been shipped from SF,CA to eastern NC my front door.
View Quote
I think my eyes just went crossed while reading this. You said it was from not checking your 60 round mag but didn’t explain why not checking it caused the issue. So what about the mag caused this? What was the stuff you sprayed?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Wtf?
View Quote
I felt the same way.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#35]
Originally Posted By Will816:

I think my eyes just went crossed while reading this. You said it was from not checking your 60 round mag but didn’t explain why not checking it caused the issue. So what about the mag caused this? What was the stuff you sprayed?
View Quote
Yeah I still don't understand what happened.  I've shot mine off with live ammo prob 4-5 times being lazy and never had a strike because the bullet has already exited and gone down range before the can actually comes off.

Maybe the can was slightly off or something before you pulled the trigger?
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#36]
The SF SOCOM RC Can wouldn't could come off and tapped very hard with Big rubber hammer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#37]
The first time it got stuck on my MK18 MOD1. I used my only US MILITARY Blank and blew the can off. I need more military 5.56mm blanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Jesus fucking Christ. Stories like this is why I won’t buy a surefire can.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
That's fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got an email from Arms Unlimted they have the Surefire Socom-RC on sale for $695. They show dark earth in stock. Sucks because I just ordered mine last week and paid 825. Anybody think it’s worth calling them and see about getting the sale price or the ARF answer and just order another one?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AR_Marv:
Just got an email from Arms Unlimted they have the Surefire Socom-RC on sale for $695. They show dark earth in stock. Sucks because I just ordered mine last week and paid 825. Anybody think it’s worth calling them and see about getting the sale price or the ARF answer and just order another one?
View Quote
Looks like they haven't updated the actual add to cart price yet. They list it at $695, but it went back to $825 when I added either color to my cart.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
That's fucking awesome!
View All Quotes
That's fucking awesome!
Which part?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Which part?
View Quote
Probably the linguistics
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Saw the email, mighty tempted. I just ordered a knurled AEM5 last week, I probably should get a can for my Mk18 too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Which part?
View All Quotes
That's fucking awesome!
Which part?
Haha all of it. I tried to read that last night while slightly inebriated and started laughing out loud because of all the wtf"s
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Dayum. That is a steal if they have them. I got mine from them last fall at $825
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
That's awesome.  Just a tad early for me though.  Unfortunately I need a little bit more time to secure the funds.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I bought mine at $825 and felt I was getting a reasonably good deal; really tempted to pick up another at $695 (still showing $825 in the cart for me, though). I know I'm going to get another RC or RC2 down the road at some point and that price is damn enticing, but I'm not sure my wallet can handle dropping $950 on a whim :\. Was already thinking about picking up another DD Mk18 upper when/if they drop down to $600 again, and now this comes along... so many good deals and not enough money! AHHH! Bring new money, old money gone.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Colorful
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Love the look of a brake/comp after a heavy range day.
Page / 1568
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 934 of 1568)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top