Link Posted: 12/18/2017 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Clean!
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 11:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#3]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

Is that a 7" Geissele MK8 behind that A2 FSP in the top pick?
View Quote
Bigger question is: Is he .gov or contractor?  It's a pretty interesting set up for a US Military gun, eh?  I don't think I've ever seen a DD front on a military gun.  Yet.  But of course we don't see them all, that's for sure.  But maybe it's a contractor?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Just got an email from Surefire saying my tan M300 has shipped!  
View Quote
I just came to post the same :D. It's going to be a Surefire tan Christmas! Woo!@
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

@smitty_007

No, not a FSB. DD fixed front.
View Quote
Sweet, glad I snagged one of those a while back!  So the 9” MK8 then?
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Bigger question is: Is he .gov or contractor?  It's a pretty interesting set up for a US Military gun, eh?  I don't think I've ever seen a DD front on a military gun.  Yet.  But of course we don't see them all, that's for sure.  But maybe it's a contractor?
View Quote
Not an issued gun.  One of garandthumb's personals.  He's mil.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#7]
The splains it.  That's really weird.  I just watched some youtube vids by him last night for the very first time.  Weird.   I was thinking to myself, this guys' AR's look like everyones' on this site.....  LOL...

Where he was shooting looked like a desert.......  But maybe it's a desert in the US.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice.Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is my attempt at an early 2000's block 1 cqbr
colt upper
colt 10.3" 6920 adco cutdown
rra sbr'd lower
trijicon rx01nsn
matech rear
surefire m900a with malkoff upgrade
kac ras
kac nt4 flash hider
vltor IMOD
(disregard takedown pins, trigger guard, kns pins and RRA lower. Waiting for stamp on my colt m4 carbine lower)
let me know if it passes
http://i.imgur.com/w0n1AyH.jpg

And here's my interpretation of a navy end clone. The casv-el were out so its a midlength
http://i.imgur.com/fHcwYxv.jpg
View Quote
Nice.  Here's two real CQB/MK18 with Seal Team 2 (2000) you can use for comparison.

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at what just showed up at work.. kind of want it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 1:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlgil73] [#10]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is my attempt at an early 2000's block 1 cqbr
colt upper
colt 10.3" 6920 adco cutdown
rra sbr'd lower
trijicon rx01nsn
matech rear
surefire m900a with malkoff upgrade
kac ras
kac nt4 flash hider
vltor IMOD
(disregard takedown pins, trigger guard, kns pins and RRA lower. Waiting for stamp on my colt m4 carbine lower)  
let me know if it passes
http://i.imgur.com/w0n1AyH.jpg
View Quote
I know the m900 passes on the cqbr as does the trij.  Looks good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is my Block 2 URG with some goodies I had waiting in the safe.  Just got it back from ADCO yesterday.  Details are a Colt 6920 URG Cut to 10.3" and port opened to .070 (like my Block 1).  DD Mk12 Gas Block, DD RIS II, Surefire 4 Prong, KAC 2-600 rear sight, KAC unmarked Taupe 99051, Eotech 553, Magpul Angled grip, CQD Front Sling mount.

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Oregonian1:
Just finished 930+ pages.  Y'all have some serious issues...that said, Brownells has this URG...

Don't know if I'll jump in the CQBR clone club as I've got a Mk13 Mod 5 and M110k clone that were spendy enough.

IF I did, the problem is that I would want an Elcan and NV. Two things I just can't see getting. Until I do something stupid, I'll live through you guys.

Tiny, were do you live? I'm in Salem but get over to Bend now and then which is what your SO looks like, Central Oregon anyway.
View Quote
You got the long game down, time for a shorty clone

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Hrm. Well, that makes me a little less keen to run right out and get a Raptor-SD. Suppose I might still pick one up if I come across a good price, but it sounds like I might be better off sticking with my GB for now.

Thanks for the info.

Roadblock, is that the Bootleg adjustable you're running?
View Quote
Bootleg? I musta missed something!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Hrm. Well, that makes me a little less keen to run right out and get a Raptor-SD. Suppose I might still pick one up if I come across a good price, but it sounds like I might be better off sticking with my GB for now.

Thanks for the info.

Roadblock, is that the Bootleg adjustable you're running?
Haha. No, you didn't. Meant Outrider, not Roadblock; fixed it. Must have gone dyslexic for a second or something.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Here is my Block 2 URG with some goodies I had waiting in the safe.  Just got it back from ADCO yesterday.  Details are a Colt 6920 URG Cut to 10.3" and port opened to .070 (like my Block 1).  DD Mk12 Gas Block, DD RIS II, Surefire 4 Prong, KAC 2-600 rear sight, KAC unmarked Taupe 99051, Eotech 553, Magpul Angled grip, CQD Front Sling mount.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4645/24300161387_cf0872f570_o.jpg
View Quote
Was the port actually smaller than .070?  Seems odd......
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4645/24300161387_cf0872f570_o.jpg
16" Colt barrels have a gas port of like .0625".
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Interesting.  Did not know that.  Actually makes sense cuz of the extra dwell time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy to report my Colt keyhole upper came in from Shark Arms and I couldn't be more pleased. Not a mark on it and the anodizing being close to a perfect match for my Colt lower makes my OCD happy. No more pounding in pins, either. Did a test fit and the pins go in without tools and the fit is still excellent. Thanks again to smitty_007 for posting the deal and Conner378 for vouching for SA.

I'll post some pics after I break down the upper and reassemble it. Kinda realized today that I've unwittingly just about assembled the parts for another AR just from cast off parts from the CQBR over the past few weeks, lol. If a barrel and rail magically appear, I'll have a functioning gun :\.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Can someone give me a recommendation for a good smaller hard case for my MK18, Glock, and a few mags of each?

Have a 42” Plano...looking for something smaller like I’ve seen in this thread before.  Don’t mind having to disassemble and have Upper and Lower separate in the case.
View Quote
smitty_007, As CD mentioned, the 1700 is pretty nice. It's slim but it's pretty long. You can fit a TON of stuff in a 1700. First pic is of my 1700 packed with CQBR full rifle, Holland upper, cans for both, G33, PVS-14, Leupold spotter, rangefinder, Glock 19 and cleaning kit.

2nd and 3rd pic is of a 1520. It's way smaller than a 1700 but a bit thicker. I packed mine out in 2 layers, so mags and accessories on the bottom and carbine/pistol on top. Bottom is cut out for mags, G33, suppressor, cleaning kit and batteries. Then put a thin piece of foam on top of that and top section holds CQBR broken down, glock 19 in holster, more mags, PVS-14, etc…

Originally Posted By Oregonian1:
Just finished 930+ pages.  Y'all have some serious issues...that said, Brownells has this URG...

Don't know if I'll jump in the CQBR clone club as I've got a Mk13 Mod 5 and M110k clone that were spendy enough.

IF I did, the problem is that I would want an Elcan and NV. Two things I just can't see getting. Until I do something stupid, I'll live through you guys.

Tiny, were do you live? I'm in Salem but get over to Bend now and then which is what your SO looks like, Central Oregon anyway.
View Quote
Oregonian1, the Brownells URG is a great deal. You can grab that and then swap the upper receiver for a Colt and you're GTG. The latest ones seem to have a gas port more inline with crane-spec. ELCAN is a boat anchor but NV is totaly worth it!

And yes, I live in Bend. Happy to go shoot anytime.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

smitty_007, As CD mentioned, the 1700 is pretty nice. It's slim but it's pretty long. You can fit a TON of stuff in a 1700. First pic is of my 1700 packed with CQBR full rifle, Holland upper, cans for both, G33, PVS-14, Leupold spotter, rangefinder, Glock 19 and cleaning kit.

2nd and 3rd pic is of a 1520. It's way smaller than a 1700 but a bit thicker. I packed mine out in 2 layers, so mags and accessories on the bottom and carbine/pistol on top. Bottom is cut out for mags, G33, suppressor, cleaning kit and batteries. Then put a thin piece of foam on top of that and top section holds CQBR broken down, glock 19 in holster, more mags, PVS-14, etc…

http://i.imgur.com/iVLNNAm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PuOMo3Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kiNfeBG.jpg
View Quote
Perfect, that’s exactly what I was looking for!  Thanks TC!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 11:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullseye_Doc_Holiday] [#21]
10.3 SOCOM by ADCO under Geissele...the wave of the future...BlkIII.

Link Posted: 12/20/2017 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bullseye_Doc_Holiday:

https://i.imgur.com/aiCvM9b.jpg
View Quote
Which grip is that, and in multicam?  I dig it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/aiCvM9b.jpg
Grip looks like a BCM Mod 3.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
BCM, don’t remember which mod. My homie spray painted it with stencils.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

16" Colt barrels have a gas port of like .0625".
View Quote
M4A1 = .063" & MK18 = .070"
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 3:37:05 AM EDT
[#26]
How is that FireClean?  I heard it's good stuff.  Been using FrogLube for a while now, pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Core:
How is that FireClean?  I heard it's good stuff.  Been using FrogLube for a while now, pretty happy with it.
View Quote
It's Crisco. The funny part of this joke is that I'm not joking.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/13/yes-its-true-fireclean-is-veg-oil/amp/
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 7:18:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#28]

CD could answer that with more certainty than I could, but from what I understand, the 1.5x.5 UID was the previous tag and .75 is the current tag. Not sure who uses the 1" tags, I'd have do a little research on that. Judging purely from the available pictures of issued CQBRs, you see a few more 1.5x.5 tags than .75, but that would make sense as they have been around longer from what I gather. Either should be entirely accurate on an Army M4A1/CQBR. Myself, the majority of the lowers with UIDs I have are wearing 1.5.x.5 tags, but I decided to get crazy and do a .75 this time, lol.

Well, that's goofy as all hell. Surprised they wouldn't just send you the pin :\. They seem to only ship the solid pins with complete GBs and not parts as well; when I ordered a replacement Combat Latch they sent a standard roll pin and not a solid pin.
View Quote
Not anymore, newest tag going on today is about .5x2".  There's also an older circular .5" tag.  Got pics but will have to wait till this weekend to get them uploaded.

CD
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Happy to report my Colt keyhole upper came in from Shark Arms and I couldn't be more pleased. Not a mark on it and the anodizing being close to a perfect match for my Colt lower makes my OCD happy. No more pounding in pins, either. Did a test fit and the pins go in without tools and the fit is still excellent. Thanks again to smitty_007 for posting the deal and Conner378 for vouching for SA.

I'll post some pics after I break down the upper and reassemble it. Kinda realized today that I've unwittingly just about assembled the parts for another AR just from cast off parts from the CQBR over the past few weeks, lol. If a barrel and rail magically appear, I'll have a functioning gun :\.
View Quote
Nice, that's the Colt lower you got from brownells right?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 12:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#30]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Not anymore, newest tag going on today is about .5x2".  There's also an older circular .5" tag.  Got pics but will have to wait till this weekend to get them uploaded.

CD
View Quote
Interesting... now when you say .5x2" are you saying it's a vertical tag, or just a longer version of the 1.5"x.5" horizontal tag? Definitely would love some pictures!

Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Nice, that's the Colt lower you got from brownells right?
View Quote
Yep. That Colt upper was just what it needed. Which, I suppose, works out because the lower I had on the CQBR previous to the Colt actually fits the old DD upper very nicely. So, I ended up making the CQBR more accurate and got a matched set to build something else :\.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I ordered my Surefire Socom RC yesterday taking advantage of the sub $700 price.  I'm pretty pumped about it.  Hopefully by the time it gets approved, I'll have the La5 or Peq15, and whatever correct light i pick up.  I cant wait to turn my 99051 around for the peq... LOL!
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw a bronze MK18 rail for sale at a local junk store that i've had luck at before. It was wrapped up tight so I took a gamble and bought it for the $100 they were asking. Once I opened it at home I saw it was marked "SCG for airsoft only". Maybe I will throw it in my spares box or make a 22lr upper with it haha.

Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dbaird:
I saw a bronze MK18 rail for sale at a local junk store that i've had luck at before. It was wrapped up tight so I took a gamble and bought it for the $100 they were asking. Once I opened it at home I saw it was marked "SCG for airsoft only". Maybe I will throw it in my spares box or make a 22lr upper with it haha.

https://i.imgur.com/78PfhmF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/naKKVfE.jpg
View Quote
Ouch. Color is a dead giveaway.

Would make an awesome .22lr tho as you stated. Or maybe a display rifle
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Ouch. Color is a dead giveaway.

Would make an awesome .22lr tho as you stated. Or maybe a display rifle
View Quote
Agreed. You could do a badass .22 with the can recessed under the rail and just barely sticking out.

Now I'm getting bad ideas...
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
You're welcome, krdt!  Glad to hear it came in safe.  I just got my two yesterday, and they look great!  One had a keyhole rollmark and one had a square.  Both had the "C".  Haven't checked the Bolt yet, but the carriers looked clean and quality.

Can't wait to pull the DD 10.3" barrel off the DD Socom upper and throw it on the Colt upper!  Thinking seriously about grabbing the Colt lower from Brownell's...I think I need to do it!
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Welp, my new Surefire M300C tan arrived :D.

The tan looks great, but I gotta admit, my first reaction after examining it was, "What the hell, Surefire?! Did you send me a 300 lumen head?" The model number for the 500 lumen is apparently the same as the old 300 lumen: KE1F. I find that pretty annoying. How is anyone supposed to know if they're getting a 300 lumen KE1F or 500 lumen KE1F (especially with the black models)? Should've changed it to KE1G or something. It was packaged in a plain cardboard box and not retail packaging, but did include the normal paperwork and the manual (which states 500 lumens).

Anyway, after initially comparing the beams of my old M300C and the new one, I still had a little lingering doubt if I actually received a 500 lumen model. When compared up close against a white ceiling, the old 300C actually appears brighter - even without fresh batteries - but with a more focused beam; the beam is a slightly cleaner circle on the old KE1F head as well. The new tan M300C has more spill, but appears a touch dimmer. That being said, once you compare them at longer distances there does appear to be a noticeable difference. Also, putting in a fresh battery seemed to brighten up the 500 lumen head a bit. Obviously just comparing on the ceiling isn't the most definitive test, so I'll have a better idea how much difference the 200 lumen increase makes once it's dark.

Overall, still very happy with it and with Surefire for bringing back tan - mismatched anodizing and all :D.

M300C 300 Lumen on the left, M300C Tan 500 lumen on the right:

Now, if my backordered FDE Gear Sector mount will ship, I'll be in business. Mounted it up for the time being with the factory mount.

I ordered my Surefire Socom RC yesterday taking advantage of the sub $700 price.  I'm pretty pumped about it.  Hopefully by the time it gets approved, I'll have the La5 or Peq15, and whatever correct light i pick up.  I cant wait to turn my 99051 around for the peq... LOL!
View Quote
Nice. I wish I'd gotten mine at $695. Oh, well... $825 wasn't too bad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
I've gotta grab me the new tan 300 as well.  Really need a couple.  I was going to wait on the RC until the first of the year, but I couldnt pass it up...
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#38]
is the .410 thumb screw the correct wilcox riser for mk18?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]

The tan looks great, but I gotta admit, my first reaction after examining it was, "What the hell, Surefire?! Did you send me a 300 lumen head?" The model number for the 500 lumen is apparently the same as the old 300 lumen: KE1F. I find that pretty annoying. How is anyone supposed to know if they're getting a 300 lumen KE1F or 500 lumen KE1F (especially with the black models)? Should've changed it to KE1G or something. It was packaged in a plain cardboard box and not retail packaging, but did include the normal paperwork and the manual (which states 500 lumens).

Anyway, after initially comparing the beams of my old M300C and the new one, I still had a little lingering doubt if I actually received a 500 lumen model. When compared up close against a white ceiling, the old 300C actually appears brighter - even without fresh batteries - but with a more focused beam; the beam is a slightly cleaner circle on the old KE1F head as well. The new tan M300C has more spill, but appears a touch dimmer. That being said, once you compare them at longer distances there does appear to be a noticeable difference. Also, putting in a fresh battery seemed to brighten up the 500 lumen head a bit. Obviously just comparing on the ceiling isn't the most definitive test, so I'll have a better idea how much difference the 200 lumen increase makes once it's dark.

Overall, still very happy with it and with Surefire for bringing back tan - mismatched anodizing and all :D.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/SF.M300C-500vs300.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/SF.M300C.Tan-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/SF.M300C.Tan-02.jpg

Now, if my backordered FDE Gear Sector mount will ship, I'll be in business. Mounted it up for the time being with the factory mount.

View Quote
Are they making the tan vampire models again? I keep seeing the tan ones, but only the 300c a and 600c. If I was going to get one I would want a 300v
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#40]
OG Mk18

Vietnam Mk18 Mod0 Hand-Crank Grenade Launcher
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
OG Mk18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RKpXYuxyQ
View Quote
The Mk19's granddaddy lol. Good shit
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sbye:
Are they making the tan vampire models again? I keep seeing the tan ones, but only the 300c a and 600c. If I was going to get one I would want a 300v
View All Quotes

They currently have the M622V in tan.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

AU had some tan 300Vs in stock a few months ago, but looking for them now seems they sold out.

I haven't heard anything one way or the other on the Vampires in tan. *dramatic pause* Vampires usually burn up before they can tan ;p.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#44]

BCM, don’t remember which mod. My homie spray painted it with stencils.
View Quote
Awesome.  Your homie has skills.  It looks well done.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Awesome.  Your homie has skills.  It looks well done.
View Quote
Thanks man! Yeah, he rocks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:33:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
OG Mk18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RKpXYuxyQ
View Quote
As someone who works on its follow on designs, Thank you for that.

CD
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Hey gang, I'm about to make a slightly non-clone friendly suppressor purchase with an M4-2000. I know some of you guys are running this, and I know there's been some debate about whether or not it will work with the 10.3" barrel, but all I can find is a hung jury (some say it does, some say it doesn't).

So, will I be okay with the included 51T flash hider?

And yeah, I know how much the RC1 is going for at AU. I'm getting the M4-2000 for about $300 less than that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 11:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullseye_Doc_Holiday] [#48]
I have an M4-2000. It 100% works on a 10.3 with the Flashhider or Brakeout. If you want to use the 2 port brake you’ll need a spacer.

Those are with a DD MK18 factory URG.

This is with a Colt upper build I had ADCO cut to 10.3. It actually measures 10.45. Rail is Geissele MK4 9.5:

Link Posted: 12/21/2017 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I have an M4-2000. It 100% works on a 10.3 with the Flashhider or Brakeout. If you want to use the 2 port brake you’ll need a spacer.

https://i.imgur.com/a78hM9w.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wWvnydl.jpg

Those are with a DD MK18 factory URG.

This is with a Colt upper build I had ADCO cut to 10.3. It actually measures 10.45. Rail is Geissele MK4 9.5:

https://i.imgur.com/Qwc7iVz.jpg
View Quote
Perfect, thanks buddy. Gonna go ahead and buy it, it's too good of a deal to pass up. Now I'll have two cans in jail. And my local SOT isn't a gun store so I don't get to "visit"
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I have an 556-SD on mine which is pretty similar to the M4-2000.  I used a two port brake and got a custom spacer milled to time my suppressor latch to be on the top instead of the bottom.

Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 938 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top