Page / 1573
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
So FN barrels are now clone correct?
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Difference between Crane's cut down 10.3" Govt profile and FN's new 10.3" SOCOM bbls.  Gas port is a measured .070"
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4690_rz-425197.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4693_rz-425202.JPG

The parts: FN bbl, upper, BC and bolt, DD RIS II Mk18, PRI CH, SF4P FH and KAC front sight.  Rest of parts are all govt contracted.  Only thing that's used was the Forward Assist, almost selected a teardrop M16.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4691_rz-425205.JPG

Assembled and installed on lower w/SSF trigger.  Second we built this week with FN bbl.  Bit heavier up front of course.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4696_rz-425206.JPG

CD
View Quote
Looks good, my BKII started out with a cut down SOCOM Colt barrel, it's only a few oz. heavier on the books but "feels" a lot heavier, especially with a RC out front and a pig of an Elcan on top :).  I've since swapped in a Colt 10.3 CQB barrel.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Kinda where I'm at now. I've got the USMC marked micro. Waiting on some Form 1's to come back etc.

*Edit* No, the Colt M4A1 lower is not on my Mk18 upper in that photo while I wait on a stamp! Yes someone asked...

COLT LE* Lower

Brownells CO_T CR* Lower rocking a G SSA-E!
View Quote
Sorry, I meant to post these references with my post regarding your USMC build and saw today that I had forgotten to.

If you're doing a USMC build the Surefire FH and can is the one thing I'd get rid of, I don't know if I've ever seen a marsoc gun with a Surefire can. If you're keeping the surefire why not do an Army/Navy/AF build instead…

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Who wants to guess what I built today in the Mk18 world?

CD
View Quote
Something cool.

I win!

Thanks for the pics/info CD.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
So FN barrels are now clone correct?
View Quote
I'd say that if you can get your hands on the FN 10.3, of course, since CD is in fact building a fielded cqbr.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Sorry, I meant to post these references with my post regarding your USMC build and saw today that I had forgotten to.

If you're doing a USMC build the Surefire FH and can is the one thing I'd get rid of, I don't know if I've ever seen a marsoc gun with a Surefire can. If you're keeping the surefire why not do an Army/Navy/AF build instead

https://i.imgur.com/Q0YjGwT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zntaIKB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NOwEmTT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cSKZyrU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U8En08J.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x3LctZa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I6f21gq.jpg
View Quote
I wouldn't really say it's a USMC build, I just happened to have that sight laying around. I have 3 builds going on (Mk18, M4A1 and the MK8) at the same time AND I have one of the MK16 URG-I's on pre-order so whatever doesn't get used on one can end up on another but I definitely want them to be based on builds that use SF flash hiders or Warcomp as that it the route I'm going.

I suppose I need to get one of those rear sights like C_D posted!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Any Mod 0 builds with a Surefire can? Got a buddy looking to do something and I want to help convince him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've read through a lot of this thread, but haven't come across it yet (my apologies if I missed it) - what kind of CHs are issued? Are they anything special due to the use of a suppressor, or they just basic milspec CHs?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rcoers:
I've read through a lot of this thread, but haven't come across it yet (my apologies if I missed it) - what kind of CHs are issued? Are they anything special due to the use of a suppressor, or they just basic milspec CHs?
View Quote
Majority are USGI CH, other PRI Gas Buster which is SOCOM approved and issued.  Go back one page and see my lastest build using one.

CD
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Majority are USGI CH, other PRI Gas Buster which is SOCOM approved and issued.  Go back one page and see my lastest build using one.

CD
View Quote
Thanks, CD. Your input in this thread is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:46:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#11]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Any Mod 0 builds with a Surefire can? Got a buddy looking to do something and I want to help convince him.
View Quote
My net is running real slow tonight.  I worked on some USCG Advanced Interdiction Team conduct joint training exercise Goalkeeper with Kuwaiti Naval Forces in the Northern Arabian Gulf in 15'.   They are the only one's I've run into that used Mk18 Mod 0s down range lately.  Those pictures are buried in this thread sometime in 15'.  The only picture I have of one of their Mk18 Mod 0s has a NT4 FH on it.  The 18ea Mk 18 Mod 0's that I had in the shop all had NT4s also.  Best I can do tonight.

CD

Did find one with a NT4 but no SF.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]

My net is running real slow tonight.  I worked on some USCG Advanced Interdiction Team conduct joint training exercise Goalkeeper with Kuwaiti Naval Forces in the Northern Arabian Gulf in 15'.   They are the only one's I've run into that used Mk18 Mod 0s down range lately.  Those pictures are buried in this thread sometime in 15'.  The only picture I have of one of their Mk18 Mod 0s has a NT4 FH on it.  The 18ea Mk 18 Mod 0's that I had in the shop all had NT4s also.  Best I can do tonight.

CD

https://cdn.dvidshub.net/media/thumbs/photos/1405/1368306/1000w_q95.jpg
View Quote
Something about the Mod 0 always wants to pull me in. It’s an icon like the Mk12.

Thanks for all your awesome insight and “behind the scenes” footage. You bring a ton to the thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Something about the Mod 0 always wants to pull me in. It’s an icon like the Mk12.

Thanks for all your awesome insight and “behind the scenes” footage. You bring a ton to the thread.
View Quote
I'm about to remove the A2 FH on my mod 0 that I use my griffin M4SD II on and put my surefire can on there. Call it a mod 1.25
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

I'm about to remove the A2 FH on my mod 0 that I use my griffin M4SD II on and put my surefire can on there. Call it a mod 1.25
View Quote
I’ve always digged the Mod 0 with block 2 type accessories. Love a blend of new and old.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Definitely thought about sharing the RC between Mod 0 and CQBR. If the Mod 0 had a dedicated SF can it'd be great, it's just the times without the can that give me pause. I think the SFCT would be the most tolerable if the can isn't going to be mounted all the time.

Those were originally posted by ViktorVaughn.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Mk-18-CQBR/118-641240/?page=903#i7505731
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Definitely thought about sharing the RC between Mod 0 and CQBR. If the Mod 0 had a dedicated SF can it'd be great, it's just the times without the can that give me pause. I think the SFCT would be the most tolerable if the can isn't going to be mounted all the time.

https://i.imgur.com/eF2oUSM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JpUqpyQ.jpg

Those were originally posted by ViktorVaughn.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Mk-18-CQBR/118-641240/?page=903#i7505731
View Quote
Very nice.

These aren't my pictures but damn do these make me want to build one. A blacked out Mod 0 is sexy...

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:44:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#17]
I'm sure this has been asked before in this thread, but I seem to be getting things mixed up...or maybe not. With so much terminology and jargon and everyone's different interpretation of a 'mk18', I get confused.  I know 'mk18'  has become kind of a generalized term for a 10.3" with rail x and optic y and weapon light z, but arent a lot of the mk18 mod 0's posted in here really cqbr block1's?  I'm only askin because once I think I have a grasp on the jargon, another post comes and makes me question my understanding. Forgive me if this has been beat to death already, but I'd like to know so I can correctly describe what I'm posting and seeing. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Edit- just as an example: of the 2 pics above this post, the bottom I'd agree is definately mod0 status, whereas I'd describe the top one as a mod0 inspired cqbr block1 due to a2 lower and a2 grip. Would that be correct or is that really just splitting hairs?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 6:03:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#18]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I'm sure this has been asked before in this thread, but I seem to be getting things mixed up...or maybe not. With so much terminology and jargon and everyone's different interpretation of a 'mk18', I get confused.  I know 'mk18'  has become kind of a generalized term for a 10.3" with rail x and optic y and weapon light z, but arent a lot of the mk18 mod 0's posted in here really cqbr block1's?  I'm only askin because once I think I have a grasp on the jargon, another post comes and makes me question my understanding. Forgive me if this has been beat to death already, but I'd like to know so I can correctly describe what I'm posting and seeing. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Edit- just as an example: of the 2 pics above this post, the bottom I'd agree is definately mod0 status, whereas I'd describe the top one as a mod0 inspired cqbr block1 due to a2 lower and a2 grip. Would that be correct or is that really just splitting hairs?
View Quote
You're correct. The Mk18 mod 0 was a Navy issued 10.3 with the M16A1 lower, LMT rear sight, Comp M2, knights flash hider, SF 962 etc but we haven't seen any pics of them with suppressors attached. Those mod 0's were later rebuilt with 14.5 uppers as per the dude that was there @usnguns around 2009

Most of the 10.3s with RAS you see here are either SOPMOD Block 1 CQBR's or SOPMOD Block 1 CQBR clones. Which is the same base gun essentially, but with parts from the SOPMOD B1 package. These are the ones with suppressors, flip up rear sights etc. They are attached to M4A1 lowers.

The jargon is just a bit too deep so even some of the guys that know the difference still call a B1 CQBR a mod 0 as its just easier to lump them together.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 6:05:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#19]
View Quote
The jargon is all over the place so I wouldn't sweat it too much. What complicates things is the idea of a "CQBR" being a receiver that goes on a M4 and the "Mk18" as a complete standalone weapon. Rail system (KAC RAS and RIS II) IMO is the defining feature between the two builds. Accessories are kind of all over the place and it's not uncommon to see B1 accessories on B2 weapons and vice versa.  The easiest way to describe the differences IMO is 18-0 and 18-1 or Mod 0 vs. Mod 1. Mod 1 wasn't an accepted term for a while but we've seen receivers marked "18-1" which pretty much confirmed the slang that had been used for sometime.

Me personally? I don't take the clone game that serious to worry about correct jargon. Mk18/Mod 0/Mod 1/CQBR whatever. I know that when these terms are mentioned we are in the spectrum of 10.3" .mil guns that are badass and that's what matters. When a picture is posted I may not know what the correct term is to classify the rifle but I will certainly know WHAT it is and what the goal was in the build.

Someone like Augee or CD could provide a much more qualified answer but I'm just spitballing from a civilian AR enthusiast.

ETA picture as I got my light the other day.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#20]
This picture pretty much demonstrates the difference between regular mil and those who actually get issued Mk18s/CQBRs.  Oh noes, weapons on tables!!! Negligent discharges incoming!!! No, lets put them all on the floor so everyone can stomp on them whenever they move their feet.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Any of you guys ran some of the imi 77gr razor core through your set ups? How's it shoot? My hand loaded  hornady 75gr  have shot well through my cqbr but I don't care to waste time loading 556 anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Any of you guys ran some of the imi 77gr razor core through your set ups? How's it shoot? My hand loaded  hornady 75gr  have shot well through my cqbr but I don't care to waste time loading 556 anymore.
View Quote
I’m gonna try some IMI Razor Core and some MK318 the next time I’m at the range.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#23]

I'm gonna try some IMI Razor Core and some MK318 the next time I'm at the range.
View Quote
sweet would love to hear your thoughts. I am planning to order a few boxes soon with a bulk order and if it works out ok i am going to order it in bulk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#24]
View Quote
Here's mine, pre-paint.  I can see the draw if using on multiple AR's, which was my original thought as well ie sharing between a Mod 0, BKII, and also my non-clone BCM as well... That and you can find the RC for around half the NT4 sometimes.

But the NT4... oh man :).  Same Rifle, later in life.  Well, I did change from LMT 10.5" upper to Colt Upper with 10.3" barrel too...

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the responses. I was building a mod 0, but without an a1 lower it just felt wrong calling it as such. So I embraced the block 1 concept and went with that. I recently acquired a b.e. Meyers m249 and switched it out  from the nt4 fh that was on originally. We're the m249's ever issued for cqbr's or m4's, or were they just smaller unit purchases?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#26]
sweet would love to hear your thoughts. I am planning to order a few boxes soon with a bulk order and if it works out ok i am going to order it in bulk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm gonna try some IMI Razor Core and some MK318 the next time I'm at the range.
I've had good luck in the past with the 77gr and 69gr, but . . . my last order of the 77gr blew so many primers that I got a refund for it.  I would caution you against a bulk order for recent manufacture based on my personal experience. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the responses. I was building a mod 0, but without an a1 lower it just felt wrong calling it as such. So I embraced the block 1 concept and went with that. I recently acquired a b.e. Meyers m249 and switched it out  from the nt4 fh that was on originally. We're the m249's ever issued for cqbr's or m4's, or were they just smaller unit purchases?
View Quote
@KILLERB6 can answer that. I'm not sure if it was unit-wide or private purchased, but I remember him saying he saw them. As have we in this thread. (That block 1.5 with FF CAR RAS and 249F comes to mind)
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#28]
View Quote
Over in the MK12 thread there's been some discussion of IMI 77's blowing primers, so much in fact one guy (Edit - @daojag- I see he posted as well :) returned his whole lot to Midway for a refund.  Not sure it it's a specific lot issue or across the board.  I shot a 20 round box last year, and while I didn't have any blown primers, it's definitely hotter than the BH load.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

@KILLERB6 can answer that. I'm not sure if it was unit-wide or private purchased, but I remember him saying he saw them. As have we in this thread. (That block 1.5 with FF CAR RAS and 249F comes to mind)
View Quote
Thats the first set up that comes to my mind as well. There are also some pics of rifles in the "transitional period" with GG&G free float rail and 249F.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Here's mine, pre-paint.  I can see the draw if using on multiple AR's, which was my original thought as well ie sharing between a Mod 0, BKII, and also my non-clone BCM as well... That and you can find the RC for around half the NT4 sometimes.

https://i.imgur.com/ngLF093h.jpg

But the NT4... oh man :).  Same Rifle, later in life.

https://i.imgur.com/42pkSuJh.jpg
View Quote
Awesome on both accounts. This will help convince him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#32]

CD

https://cdn.dvidshub.net/media/thumbs/photos/1405/1368306/1000w_q95.jpg
View Quote
CD, IIRC you had posted a picture awhile back ago of a pallet of Mk 18 Mod 0s, I think they were full guns being turned in, not just uppers, and one or two of them if I remember right had the Surefire 4 prong on it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
I feel your pain. I did the same thing yesterday with this thing. Got home and was like, what am I gonna do with this? I feel better knowing I’m not the only one that does that

https://i.imgur.com/7jMOOFQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bgJnTws.jpg

Guess I’m building a mod 0
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Originally Posted By J_MONEY:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19690/20180113_001642-418789.JPG

So this just happened. Bought a KAC RIS. Don't know why. I guess I'm building a MK 18 Mod 0 now. Is the RIS a desirable rail? Kind of regret buying it.
I feel your pain. I did the same thing yesterday with this thing. Got home and was like, what am I gonna do with this? I feel better knowing I’m not the only one that does that

https://i.imgur.com/7jMOOFQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bgJnTws.jpg

Guess I’m building a mod 0
I'm in the same boat with a few KAC rails myself. Have a RAS 870 rain NIB, URX II mid, and a rifle Length URX that have been sitting in the parts bin for well over 5 years and haven't even thought about building anything with them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#34]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

CD, IIRC you had posted a picture awhile back ago of a pallet of Mk 18 Mod 0s, I think they were full guns being turned in, not just uppers, and one or two of them if I remember right had the Surefire 4 prong on it.
View Quote
17 ea Mk 18 Mod 0's being returned to Crane from Kuwait.  Of these guns most have NT4 FH and few A2 FH.  Only one lower was a Colt M16A1 (only one rolled marked Mk18 Mod 0 also), all others M4A1 marked.  All have RAS handguards, looks like A2 PGs and 3 different stocks.  Kept the BUIS to make up shortages.

Difference in Nomenclature is depends on the branch of service.  Navy reclassifies the M16/M4 receiver to Mk18 Mod 0/1 status on the property books.  Army still carries it by what is still marked on the receiver M16/M4 etc. and just designates uppers seperately.  Most do carry serial numbers on the uppers now.  10000 series designating 10.3" uppers and 14000 for 14.5" uppers.  Course those are only from Crane as there are still thousands of un serial numbered uppers out there in service.
Mk18 Mod 1 with early CQBR marking

Army URG

Navy 14.5" uppers

CD
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Mk18 Mod 0 with A2 lowers are legit.  See above post.  Not saying the Meyers M249s weren't issued earlier on before the SF4P but haven't seen any down range.

CD
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks. I completely forgot about the post. It was soo long ago that I read it. as time goes by I guess you'd have to expect to see less and less a1 lowers being re-issued and a2's taking their place. Makes sense. The lines of what's what definitely get blurred as individuals add their own touch to the rifles they were issued. There is More room for grey areas than everything being black and white. But when someone tries to pass off a run of the mil sbr as a mk18 clone it's VERY obvious. Will post pics when imgur stops acting up for me. Oh, and I know it's old technology, but are Surefire m961c's considered kosher for any build? Picked one up with the hard to find tailcap recently. Looks pretty close to a 962.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks. I completely forgot about the post. It was soo long ago that I read it. as time goes by I guess you'd have to expect to see less and less a1 lowers being re-issued and a2's taking their place. Makes sense. The lines of what's what definitely get blurred as individuals add their own touch to the rifles they were issued. There is More room for grey areas than everything being black and white. But when someone tries to pass off a run of the mil sbr as a mk18 clone it's VERY obvious. Will post pics when imgur stops acting up for me. Oh, and I know it's old technology, but are Surefire m961c's considered kosher for any build? Picked one up with the hard to find tailcap recently. Looks pretty close to a 962.
View Quote
While I had three of those 3 cells lights in 03' without the QD attachment.  We were buying just about every SF light we could off unit funds back then.

CD
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:53:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Good to know. I really like the 900 series for some reason. Here's my m900c

I go back and forth between comp m2's and rx01nsn. Have you ever seen the Trijicon reflex on a mk18/cqbr, or were they mostly on m4's?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:42:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Good to know. I really like the 900 series for some reason. Here's my m900c
http://i.imgur.com/3NiT4wl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hma8Cty.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sYdDPHV.jpg
I go back and forth between comp m2's and rx01nsn. Have you ever seen the Trijicon reflex on a mk18/cqbr, or were they mostly on m4's?
View Quote
The Trijicon Reflex came out in the mid 90s for the Blk I SOPMOD.  Haven't seen one since the Aimpoint M68s replaced them in the late 90s.  Mk18s and CQBRs all came out after that too.  Always possible there's some still on some ones books and issued.  Had a M1911/A1 hybrid issued to me in 08' that had a 1916 dated frame.

CD
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:14:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlgil73] [#40]
View Quote
Also as an FYI, page 1 of this thread is very informative...

My Block1...
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Thats the first set up that comes to my mind as well. There are also some pics of rifles in the "transitional period" with GG&G free float rail and 249F.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310340/syxpqt-426576.JPG
View All Quotes

The first ar15 I ever bought was 7.5" pistol.  A couple years after trading it to my brother in law, I realized it was the exact same model shown in the pics below. He still has it and I can't stop thinking about cloning the rifle in the 1st pic.  I had completely forgot about the 249f being in that 1st pic. Upon closer inspection I see an arms #40 rear sight and can't help but wonder if he is a navy eod? Anyone know if he is?  I need to give my in law a call for sure now. I still have the accessory rails and side panels that go to it since our trade was gun for gun. You just had to reference that photo! Lol

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:10:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#42]

View All Quotes

Woo hoo, guys!  I need to bite the bullet and get caught up with the thread...I'm tracking 10-20 pages behind at any given time since I don't want to miss anything.

Nothing was widespread issue but unit purchased:  the BEMs and GG&G, SIR and LaRue rails were trial parts/configurations.

I'm really pissed I didn't get more pix and pay more attention to configurations but who knew that anyone would ever care, or that there was going to be an internet and let alone ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#43]
If I only knew then what I know now.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m gonna try some IMI Razor Core and some MK318 the next time I’m at the range.
View All Quotes
Midway has Razor Core in a can (240) on sale at a decent (not great) price...does include the (metal) can, though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#45]

The first ar15 I ever bought was 7.5" pistol.  A couple years after trading it to my brother in law, I realized it was the exact same model shown in the pics below. He still has it and I can't stop thinking about cloning the rifle in the 1st pic.  I had completely forgot about the 249f being in that 1st pic. Upon closer inspection I see an arms #40 rear sight and can't help but wonder if he is a navy eod? Anyone know if he is?  I need to give my in law a call for sure now. I still have the accessory rails and side panels that go to it since our trade was gun for gun. You just had to reference that photo! Lol

http://i.imgur.com/Otr3klC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YQ3pnd1.jpg
View Quote
I don't know if he's EOD, but we had a lot of ARMS 40s.

I have one clone with the GG&G rail and had two more GG&G rails; one's in a box somewhere and I gave the other one to a buddy.  Don't really remember how I ended up with the extra rails.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

My Block1...
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/22zeLkm"></a>https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4722/39101179274_941f2d9758_o.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

My Block1...
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/22zeLkm"></a>https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4722/39101179274_941f2d9758_o.jpg
Diggin the contrast. Do you remember what the 2 main colors used were?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:38:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#47]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

I have one clone with the GG&G rail and had two more GG&G rails; one's in a box somewhere and I gave the other one to a buddy.  Don't really remember how I ended up with the extra rails.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

http://i.imgur.com/Otr3klC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YQ3pnd1.jpg

Thanx. After posting the question I realized he most likely wasn't. A sight alone doesn't really definitively categorize what area he's from. I mainly remembered the eod being issued them and jumped to conclusions. Unit purchases are what make cloning soo much more interesting once the obligatory mod0 has been complete. My current 'mk18' build is gonna be of a feilded one so I can have that side by side comparison.

Edit- keep me in mind if you find that other rail and are willing to part with it. My BEM has to go somewhere useful when I put the nt4 fh back on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:23:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#48]
I've still got a ARMS# 40L from a different contract.  Back in 04-05' when 5th SFGA was short on a lot of things (like I carried a M79 instead of a M203), HHC ordered a whole bunch of ARMS SIR 50c rails with the #40L BUIS.  We couldn't field enough KAC RIS/RAS as whole Army needed them too in Iraq.  And no you don't need to clone them

My rifle rack above my desk at the time in 05-06' in Balad.  Top down-Colt M16A2 (getting ready for All Army Match 06' when I got back) w/20 rd mag loaded with Mk262, Bulgarian (Circle 10) select fire AKM with SF rail w/KAC VFG and M68 CCO, Iraqi Taqbuk DMR with windage adjustable rear sight, Colt M4A1 w/ARMS SIR 50c & 40L BUIS, TA01NSN ACOG, pieced together from broken parts SF light, Tango Down VFG, HK Maritime 30 rd mag with Mk262 and LMT SOPMOD stock.

Bottom right is my issued Mk13 in .300 WM and next to it my M79.  Not shown is the issued Barrett M82A1 and my MG3.  As a senior MSG/E8 at Gp staff I got leeway.

and to stay Mk18 Top receiver uses the Govt profile 10.3", Bottom FN SOCOM 10.3"
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:51:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#49]
View Quote
Found some pics of the Surefire 961c/962 in use on M4A1 Block I's from Dec 03' in Baghdad when WWE visited 5th SFGA.  So you might recognize some.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

and cause Murica' Torrie Wilson (blonde,bottom left)and Sable (on 240) also had just appeared in together nude in Playboy that year.
Attachment Attached File

And to get back on thread here's the .069-070 gas port on FNs new SOCOM 10.3" bbl
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:11:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#50]
The arms sir 50c is another rail I find very interesting and versatile. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it can go from a bi level rail to a level rail with the addition/subtraction of a removable top rail portion over the barrel. I've recently been very interested in rails like the arms #50c, 45c, Kac FF ras and the vltor casv.

Edit- here is the 961c that will be on my mod0.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 949 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top