Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2024 9:35:01 AM EDT
Keyhole marked upper, a pencil barrel p/w with a GG&G handguard mated to a PSA B5 lower, this is what you get. Not a retro A2, but it's what I have. I'm hoping to shoot it next week and sight it in.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it!     I'm a big fan of the A2/carry handle look.  I just got a NIB M&P15 (first model) with that setup and the M4 chrome bore barrel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
I like it!     I'm a big fan of the A2/carry handle look.  I just got a NIB M&P15 (first model) with that setup and the M4 chrome bore barrel.
View Quote
That was a nice find! I'd love to get a 1st gen M&P15.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
That was a nice find! I'd love to get a 1st gen M&P15.
View Quote

I was looking for another Sport II since I sold mine several years ago, and happened across this.  I came across this model and was surprised to see it was introduced on 2006.  I thought S&W had been in the AR game a long time, so it was a surprise to see they hadn't.  This one was a December 2013 build according to S&W customer service.  This was a bit more than what I was looking to spend, but being mil spec, having the M4 style and barrel and the chromed bore and BCG parts was a definite plus, and the look I wanted. Still need to get out and shoot it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^ yep definitely good looking.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I wish more companies offered pencil barrels.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
^^^ yep definitely good looking.
View Quote

Thanks!  I really like the look of your rifle, it's nice and clean looking.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Nice, I wish more companies offered pencil barrels.
View Quote

I wish companies would offer barrels with .730" under the handguard, the same as the forward section on A2 rifles. More weight, without being absurd.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:

Thanks!  I really like the look of your rifle, it's nice and clean looking.
View Quote
I'm trying to find some replacement screws. I've found several hex head, but no torx. I did email GG&G to see if they had any or had a source. Hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top