http://i.imgur.com/OAl4jql.jpg
Those look like standard height 1.273
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

KAC
View Quote
The one on the far left and far right look like the locking tab has the same sharpness but the two in the middle look a little duller and shorter..........  Just my observation.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

The one on the far left and far right look like the locking tab has the same sharpness but the two in the middle look a little duller and shorter..........  Just my observation.
View Quote
I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  Those are super rare and expensive and comments like your's that appear offhand could be taking as insulting and better left for a PM to the OP.  I know you didn't mean it like that and you are just sharing your observation but it comes off as negative.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Don't cross your eyes and that'll fix it right up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Don't cross your eyes and that'll fix it right up.
View Quote
Hahaha.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  Those are super rare and expensive and comments like your's that appear offhand could be taking as insulting and better left for a PM to the OP.  I know you didn't mean it like that and you are just sharing your observation but it comes off as negative.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You want some cranberry juice bro?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

You want some cranberry juice bro?
View Quote
Yeah man, been hanging out in the 1911 discussion forum where everybody is bitter.  Starting to get to me I guess.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#10]
But seriously, what height and part number were those?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
View Quote
Those look like P/N 98033 to me.

https://www.knightarmco.com/12944/shop/optic-mount-buis/30mm-steel-scope-ring-set-medium
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Yeah man, been hanging out in the 1911 discussion forum where everybody is bitter.  Starting to get to me I guess.
View Quote
I posted a photo of a Springfield Range Officer and almost immediately got PMs telling me to leave that forum because of my inferior non-colt.  

Some people's kids, I guess.

I like it in here though.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ProfessorHorseyhead:

I posted a photo of a Springfield Range Officer and almost immediately got PMs telling me to leave that forum because of my inferior non-colt.  

Some people's kids, I guess.

I like it in here though.  
View Quote
I like Springfields a lot!

They’re going to crap their pants when I post a thread about muh Kimber.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#15]

I like Springfields a lot!

They’re going to crap their pants when I post a thread about muh Kimber.
View Quote
I'll take thing's that jam frequently for $200 Alex.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Wowz.  I really didn't mean to be offensive at all.  I apologize profusely.  It must have come across that way and I'm really sorry.  Sometimes stating the matter of fact does come across as jerky.  After looking at it, it could just be the perspective of the picture but for some reason it hit me when I was looking at it.  Plus now it almost looks like the one on the right end has the sharpest points and the other 3 are more similar.  But I do think the first one and last one are the closest.  I thought maybe the set was the first and the last and the other set was the middle two.

It might not even matter.  But I think if you look close the last one definitely looks like the dimensions are pretty different.

Anyways.....  Sorry to cause a ruckus.  I didn't mean any offense at all.

Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Wowz.  I really didn't mean to be offensive at all.  I apologize profusely.  It must have come across that way and I'm really sorry.  Sometimes stating the matter of fact does come across as jerky.  After looking at it, it could just be the perspective of the picture but for some reason it hit me when I was looking at it.  Plus now it almost looks like the one on the right end has the sharpest points and the other 3 are more similar.  But I do think the first one and last one are the closest.  I thought maybe the set was the first and the last and the other set was the middle two.

It might not even matter.  But I think if you look close the last one definitely looks like the dimensions are pretty different.

https://i.imgur.com/1C3DezH.jpg
View All Quotes

No, JJ. You just noticed some machining variations and were just pointing them out. If anyone needs to apologize it's not you.

There are other subtle machining variations in the pair on the left and the pair on the right. This happens with production parts machined in different batches on different shifts by different people ETC.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

View Quote
I may be in the minority but I had a Custom II that had nary a jam in over 2k.  Well actually I take that back, some guy was teaching me how to reload and the ones we made were too weak to cycle the slide and load another round.  So I did have those not work.  But I figured that was the ammo.

Otherwise I really liked my Kimber.  I also liked my Springfield Milspec but the Kimber was hands down WAY more accurate.

Just another one of my 3 cents that hopefully doesn't get me in trouble.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

No, JJ. You just noticed some machining variations and were just pointing them out. If anyone needs to apologize it's not you.

There are other subtle machining variations in the pair on the left and the pair on the right. This happens with production parts machined in different batches on different shifts by different people ETC.
View Quote
Well, my wife and kids always say it's the tone of it that matters.  LOL.  And I agree.  So maybe my tone was off.  But thank you.  I really didn't mean anything bad by it, it just jumped out at me so I said it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Mine must be broken then, I've put a lot more than $200 worth of ammo thru it and it hasn't jammed yet.

I'll keep trying though.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#21]

I may be in the minority but I had a Custom II that had nary a jam in over 2k.  Well actually I take that back, some guy was teaching me how to reload and the ones we made were too weak to cycle the slide and load another round.  So I did have those not work.  But I figured that was the ammo.

Otherwise I really liked my Kimber.  I also liked my Springfield Milspec but the Kimber was hands down WAY more accurate.

Just another one of my 3 cents that hopefully doesn't get me in trouble.  
View Quote
I was just bustin chaps but I have a Springfield TRP Operator that has had around the same through it with no problems and know several buddies that have no issues with their Kimber's. Always enjoyed at least having one 1911 in the collection.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
What you're observing aside from the machining differences as stated was that I hand tightened some of the nuts after loosening them and some were torqued  to spec still. Also the angle of the picture. I can assure you that I didn't mis up the sets and they both came from completely different states. No offense taken.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

View Quote

Well, my wife and kids always say it's the tone of it that matters.  LOL.  And I agree.  So maybe my tone was off.  But thank you.  I really didn't mean anything bad by it, it just jumped out at me so I said it.
View Quote
Na @JJREA it was my fault. I went 0-100 real quick and acted GD when I should have been more technical.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I've done it before myself.  No worries.  And thank you for understanding that I had no intention of sounding like a jerk.  I'm sure I've come across that way a time or two.  Or more.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#25]
View Quote
They measure exactly 1.5 inches....
@Dobs013
@lancecriminal86
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#26]
@Dobs013
@lancecriminal86
View All Quotes
@Dobs013
@lancecriminal86
.... fuck. Literally the last thing I need for Horrigan's rifle, never heard back from KAC on them. Oh fucking well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#27]

.... fuck. Literally the last thing I need for Horrigan's rifle, never heard back from KAC on them. Oh fucking well.
View Quote
Okay now I feel bad for messing with you!!! I apologize!!

Rest easy bro....not 1.5"
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Okay now I feel bad for messing with you!!! I apologize!!

Rest easy bro....not 1.5"
http://i.imgur.com/AisuMXv.jpg
View Quote
HNNNNGGGGGGGG

I know they're out there, and I figure you definitely have more means to score them from someone's cold dead hands than I do. If you do actually find a set of 1.5s let me know, I really must have them to make the Horrigan build right.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]

HNNNNGGGGGGGG

I know they're out there, and I figure you definitely have more means to score them from someone's cold dead hands than I do. If you do actually find a set of 1.5s let me know, I really must have them to make the Horrigan build right.
View Quote
These could be place holders til you find a set.

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/wts-knights-sr25-mk11-30mm-rings.6936767/
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Have the upper, badger gas block, and brake and collar already, just need the rail, gas tube, and barrel.

I'm getting ready to put an order in at CLE, which blanks have you guys been using? was thinking either a Douglas or Bartlein for an ~15.1 chopped recce. Also should I get the twist at 7 or 7.7? I thought I read somewhere that MK262 was designed at 7.7 but can't really remember.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 7:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#31]
Originally Posted By cherokeefan03:
Have the upper, badger gas block, and brake and collar already, just need the rail, gas tube, and barrel.

I'm getting ready to put an order in at CLE, which blanks have you guys been using? was thinking either a Douglas or Bartlein for an ~15.1 chopped recce. Also should I get the twist at 7 or 7.7? I thought I read somewhere that MK262 was designed at 7.7 but can't really remember.
View Quote
Either will be a good choice. I had a tough time finding a load to shoot really tight from my CLE Bartlein with 1-7. But once I did, man it did not disappoint.

24gr Varget. 75BTHP. Rem 7-1/2. Frontier brass. 1/2 MOA with the “flyer”. 3/8 MOA 4 shots.

This is the same load just mixed brass and 10 shots rapid fire.

I have yet to shoot BH MK262 from it. The Magtech Clone was a little over 1 MOA.

Frontier 55gr HP Match is also a little under an MOA in the Bartlein. Great cheap 400yd and in ammo.

Factory 73gr ELD is also about 1/2 MOA in the Bartlein.

Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#32]
What distance
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, KAC doesn't have any 1.5s hiding back around in bins or shelves like they used to, so some fucker is out there sitting on them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Either will be a good choice. I had a tough time finding a load to shoot really tight from my CLE Bartlein with 1-7. But once I did, man it did not disappoint.

24gr Varget. 75BTHP. Rem 7-1/2. Frontier brass. 1/2 MOA with the “flyer”. 3/8 MOA 4 shots.

https://i.imgur.com/0IJoBSr.jpg

This is the same load just mixed brass and 10 shots rapid fire.

https://i.imgur.com/SapxVAa.jpg

I have yet to shoot BH MK262 from it. The Magtech Clone was a little over 1 MOA.

Frontier 55gr HP Match is also a little under an MOA in the Bartlein. Great cheap 400yd and in ammo.

https://i.imgur.com/7R2yYpw.jpg

Factory 73gr ELD is also about 1/2 MOA in the Bartlein.

https://i.imgur.com/kwP2EBx.jpg
View Quote
NICE SHOOTING.  I typically wouldn't call that a flyer but more of a first round out of the mag thing.  I had it happen most of the time with me and I personally think that's what it is.  AR's and M1A.  And especially if it's a cold bore.  I know you already know all that, but I'm encouraging you that it probably wasn't you.  Is my guess.  And even still, great shooting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
What distance
View Quote
All 100yd. Prone with rear bag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 1:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#36]
Found a Colt AF and put the match on
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Found a Colt AF and put the match on
http://i.imgur.com/Hqu2CM1.jpg
View Quote
Nice score. Does your AF Upper have M4 ramps? I just rebuilt my Mk12 with the AF upper and was happy to see mine had M4 ramps on it.

Also nice “Match” marked rail. I had an opportunity to pick one up years ago and still kick myself for passing on it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

Nice score. Does your AF Upper have M4 ramps? I just rebuilt my Mk12 with the AF upper and was happy to see mine had M4 ramps on it.

Also nice “Match” marked rail. I had an opportunity to pick one up years ago and still kick myself for passing on it.
View Quote
Thanks! I actually checked that for you and meant to tell you. Mine does have M4 ramps and they are perfectly aligned and nice and deep. I've seen some really poor machined ramps before on Colts but this one is cherry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#39]
https://i.imgur.com/B4AQYWo.jpg

Needs:

KAC 1.5" rings (not sure it will ever happen IMO)
KAC 300m rear with big knob
Masen pad
A2 grip chop for GG and add buttons (or trade now un-needed Lonestar storage for one....)
PEQ-2 (long way off)
14.5" SOCOM, maybe pinned maybe not.
Butler Creek caps
View Quote
@lancecriminal86

if you need help with buttons or how they install,  drop me a line
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

yeah

those elbows are too pointy
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, KAC doesn't have any 1.5s hiding back around in bins or shelves like they used to, so some fucker is out there sitting on them.
View Quote
I'm working on a set for you. Don't get your hopes up but I have a lead for 1.5s.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#42]
PIG setup came in. Stoked.

Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#43]

https://i.imgur.com/A2wKsqh.jpg
View Quote
Liiike.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm working on a set for you. Don't get your hopes up but I have a lead for 1.5s.
View All Quotes
Appreciated, I have some feelers and WTBs out, but it turns out they are NOT the P/N I thought they were. 23195 and 23196 both refer to the 1.4" rings, I think the 23196 was the rings with a base or something. But I'm still under the impression that actual 1.5" rings did exist.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#45]
And here it finally is.  Recce Take 2.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Good stuff here recently!
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#47]

https://i.imgur.com/A2wKsqh.jpg
View Quote
Siiick. Just got mine in today too.

Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
And here it finally is.  Recce Take 2.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414212/10B16DAA-720B-4A2A-9AAE-9B1504A2CCEE_jpeg-909132.JPG
View Quote
Sick!
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Siiick. Just got mine in today too.

https://i.imgur.com/vYKJ88N.jpg
View Quote
Looking good! Need more Recce in there though!
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Looking good! Need more Recce in there though!
View Quote
Tried the Recce first, wanted too see how a heavier rig did. This thing is solid as hell.
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top