Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2024 5:11:02 PM EDT
Help me decide

I have a spare 16” BA recce barrel with a Ops 12 AE collar and FH.  I’ve built a Mod H with a PRI and a recce with KAC FF RAS.

Was looking at either a URX 4 13” or the newer DD RIS III 12.5. I can get the DD now, but will have to wait for the URX to be in stock.

Thanks
rb

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You're going to have to wait a long time for the 13" URX 4. I have found 3 in six months of hunting, only one of which had not already been purchased, and I had to make a trade in the seller's favor to convince him to let it go.

Go with the RIS III if you're decided it's going to be one of those two.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I figured the KAC would be a hunt.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with the RIS III for now, and if you ever happen to actually find a URX 4 you can swap it out

Edit: Or build another upper
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
 Yep, another upper
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure you look at the mlok spacing at the front of the RIS 3 to ensure it won’t prevent you from putting something where you want it, such as a light.  Not a huge deal, but the screw placement that holds the top to the bottom section toward the front kind of sucks.

The URX4 also has some installation concerns concerning gas blocks.  Great rail, if not the best out there, but best when it’s part of the KAC mod 2 system.

If it were me, neither would be on the list.

SOLGW L89 and M89 have been very nice on my last few builds.  I also like the Geissele MK16.

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
On a 15.1"
Drilled out the rivets and tossed the 203 hanger right away.

Still a work in progress, but should be finished hopefully here shortly. Ordered the OCM5 on Thursday, and a scope and mount today.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks! That build looks good.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SOLGW L89 and M89 have been very nice on my last few builds.  I also like the Geissele MK16.
View Quote

I have a URG-I upper, but I’ll look at the SOLGW.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]
URX 4 looks best
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top