Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2024 3:36:13 AM EDT
If a person like's the new 20" barreled Springfield SA-16, how long would it take for Springfield to work out any gremlins? It is a bran new model.

How long will it take for this model to settle into a more palatable "street price"? Some people have to have the latest of something. I think that's what happened with PSA's Spiker AK.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It's just a standard A2 musket so nothing to iron out really. If I were going for an A2 I would just go FN especially for the price if authenticity is a thing for you. Outside of that PSA's version can be had if you are looking for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard the Springfield uses a BA barrell. Seems pricey for what you get.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's just a standard A2 musket so nothing to iron out really. If I were going for an A2 I would just go FN especially for the price if authenticity is a thing for you. Outside of that PSA's version can be had if you are looking for a reasonable price.
View Quote

Yes, the PSA version is cheaper. OTOH, more of their stuff seems to need a trip back to the factory compared to some other brands.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I heard the Springfield uses a BA barrell. Seems pricey for what you get.
View Quote

I know BA barrels are enough to turn some people off on here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

FN makes an A2?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FN makes an A2?
View Quote

Not according to their website
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I would buy an H&R M16A2 clone before I’d buy a Springfield Armory A2.

Or, buy a genuine Colt pre-89 A2 for $1500-1800.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a rumor that Fulton Armory was building the rifle for Springfield. Will be hard for Fulton to keep up with orders as they are not a huge company and have a month lead time on their own rifles.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think this is a permanent offering by SA. So if you want one, I would just go buy it. It's a 20" AR, and very difficult to get wrong unless they decided not to drill the gas port right or decided to put a different buffer and spring system in it. It's kind of like their 1911s, you really can't get it wrong unless you do something very crazy.

Personally if you want one of these, just go buy it as you can because it's not going to go on forever.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
MAC just did a video comparing the Springfield, Fulton & H&R.

Personally I’d go the the FN barreled H&R and cry once :)

Or wait for a nice Colt 6550/ 6551

Superb weapons. The Springer was 3rd in the comparison fwiw.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, this.

I didn’t buy a complete H&R rifle, but I did buy a PSA 20” Premium upper just for the FN barrel to use in my 20” A2 build. I’ve got to say it’s a really nice and accurate barrel, I’m more than happy with it. I’m sure they use the same barrels in their nicer H&R  A2 rifles.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess I'm not seeing what the handwringing is about. MSRP being $1249 they'll probably end up around $1k on the street after they've been out for a while. Looks like a really nice rifle and it's nice to see other options on the market. I wouldn't expect any gremlins on an AR-15 from Springfield. If anything, at least the FSB will be straight.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm surprised he didn't include Colt and PSA as well. Could he be under pressure not to rate Colt less than first place?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There was a rumor that Fulton Armory was building the rifle for Springfield. Will be hard for Fulton to keep up with orders as they are not a huge company and have a month lead time on their own rifles.
View Quote

I wonder if there is a way to confirm or debunk the rumor. It would be a plus if true.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think this is a permanent offering by SA. So if you want one, I would just go buy it. It's a 20" AR, and very difficult to get wrong unless they decided not to drill the gas port right or decided to put a different buffer and spring system in it. It's kind of like their 1911s, you really can't get it wrong unless you do something very crazy.

Personally if you want one of these, just go buy it as you can because it's not going to go on forever.
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if they stop making them with the current street prices. FN stopped making theirs. Spike's Tactical has one but I think it is a special order item.

I guess the Springfield can be permanent or semi-permanent if they bring down the price. Currently, it isn't easy to justify one if you can pick up a Colt for a little less.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm surprised he didn't include Colt and PSA as well. Could he be under pressure not to rate Colt less than first place?
View Quote

H&R is PSA
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You also realize that MAC is sponsored by Fulton? He has several videos comparing Fulton Armory's products. And also, PSA is sponsored to him. Springfield is not a sponsor of his.

Did you know that before you saw his ranking video?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a big reason why Colt products in general are not negatively reviewed on YouTube. They have lawyers able to send over a cease and desist letter directly to YouTube and get the videos and content removed. MAC isn't going to talk negatively about Colt or their offering and risk losing his channel, sponsors, or revenue ability.

Did you ever notice how media companies never illustrates a Colt product whenever they bring up mass shooters or ever even mention them during the talk segments? The reason behind it is because Colt is powerful despite their somewhat smaller public footprint. They have a lot of strings they can pull in both Washington and within media corporations. They will not show their products in a bad way or use their name or logo unless they want to get sued.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure what would cause one to gravitate towards a Springfield in that configuration when other companies already do it better.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There's a big reason why Colt products in general are not negatively reviewed on YouTube. They have lawyers able to send over a cease and desist letter directly to YouTube and get the videos and content removed. MAC isn't going to talk negatively about Colt or their offering and risk losing his channel, sponsors, or revenue ability.

Did you ever notice how media companies never illustrates a Colt product whenever they bring up mass shooters or ever even mention them during the talk segments? The reason behind it is because Colt is powerful despite their somewhat smaller public footprint. They have a lot of strings they can pull in both Washington and within media corporations. They will not show their products in a bad way or use their name or logo unless they want to get sued.
View Quote
How powerful can Colt really be?  Haven't they been bankrupt multiple times in the last twenty years?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How powerful can Colt really be?  Haven't they been bankrupt multiple times in the last twenty years?
View Quote

Declaring bankruptcy doesn't mean anything. I'm sure they divide up their companies into various LLCs that protect their civilian and government contracts. If you paid a lawyer a six figure salary every year, he's going to be searching online and in various other places to make sure he's getting his salary's worth. I'm sure he also wrote up the bankruptcy process and properly laid off all the staff too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Declaring bankruptcy doesn't mean anything. I'm sure they divide up their companies into various LLCs that protect their civilian and government contracts. If you paid a lawyer a six figure salary every year, he's going to be searching online and in various other places to make sure he's getting his salary's worth. I'm sure he also wrote up the bankruptcy process and properly laid off all the staff too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Declared BK multiple times and have now been bought and owned by CZ.  

I heard a story of how someone was going to buy colt a few years back and realized he would more or less only be paying to own the name.  Not much else came with it, nevermind multiple high powered attorneys, lol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

H&R is PSA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

H&R is PSA

@Atropian_Defector

But better than the one PSA sells for $600 or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dalle0001

Referring to the part about negative reviews on YouTube but not media companies mentioned below the YouTube comment, I wonder why other companies don't do that. Springfield (or Aero Precision for that matter) can send cease and desist letters to YouTube and other video platforms.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not sure what would cause one to gravitate towards a Springfield in that configuration when other companies already do it better.
View Quote

That's why they need a lower price to compete.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#26]
About the closest FN product I've seen to the Springfield A2 was their plain-jane A4 model. But that was discontinued several years ago:

https://fnamerica.com/products/discontinued-products/fn-15-rifle/
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top