KAC 300m

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By jollyroger1969:
Quick question.

What's the preferred clone BUIS these days? I've seen everything from nothing to KAC fronts to magpuls on the pics.

I have a 14.5" and a 10.5 I need to finish out.

In order of numbers I've seen on guns down range
Matech
KAC 600m
KAC 300m

CD

Speaking of BUIS...

So I went to install a Matech on mine over the weekend.

Turns out, it doesn’t fit under an Elcan SpecterDR like it fits with an ACOG or anything. If I want to leave it in, I have to move the Elcan further forward than is practical.

Bah.

Am I doing something wrong, or do they just skip the BUIS if they have an Elcan?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Akin:

Speaking of BUIS...

Turns out, it doesn’t fit under an Elcan SpecterDR like it fits with an ACOG or anything. If I want to leave it in, I have to move the Elcan further forward than is practical.

Bah.

Am I doing something wrong, or do they just skip the BUIS if they have an Elcan?
View Quote

Mine fit. Just had to have the matech on before the Elcan.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tanodized] [#3]
Gen 3 Specter DR's are chamfered and notched to accommodate the MaTech rear BUIS while Gen 2's are not. Either may encounter issues depending on the optics' elevation setting.

ETA: Gen2

VS. Gen 3
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:
Gen 3 Specter DR's are chamfered and notched to accommodate the MaTech rear BUIS while Gen 2's are not. Either may encounter issues depending on the optics' elevation setting.

https://i.imgur.com/DTnCvhj.jpg
VS. Gen 3
https://i.imgur.com/189C1ye.jpg
View Quote

Any idea where one could get the tethered battery cap? Mine has the coin slot and I'd rather have one I could remove with my hands.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Any idea where one could get the tethered battery cap? Mine has the coin slot and I'd rather have one I could remove with my hands.
View Quote

Those Elcans utilize a DL 1/3N battery. Commercial variants switched production to the CR2032 coin type in 2017. The two versions are not interchangeable.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Those Elcans utilize a DL 1/3N battery. Commercial variants switched production to the CR2032 coin type in 2017. The two versions are not interchangeable.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Well, shit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Speaking of BUIS...

Bah.

View Quote

I had to shave a little bit off of my Matech to make it fit under my gen 2 but I love how it turned out. I have several kac rears but I wanted them on other rifles.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By VeganCrossfitter:

I had to shave a little bit off of my Matech to make it fit under my gen 2 but I love how it turned out. I have several kac rears but I wanted them on other rifles.

https://i.imgur.com/q7d8ilk.jpg
View Quote

This is close to my ideal block II build which I'm piecing together, only differences will be a KAC 600m rear, black gen 1 sopmod and an NT4 FH. And potentially a 3rd gen Elcan, depends on what deal I can scoop up. Very excited.

Something about the Elcan and FSP...
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Two army guns... one inspired and one decommissioned.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

Mine fit. Just had to have the matech on before the Elcan.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/82B18B3E-D98D-4B97-8B7C-502A1CFD0AB7_jpe-1345809.JPG
View Quote

I don’t think it would be possible to install it at all without first removing the Elcan.

The problem may be that I use the flip-open lens covers that came with it.  Can you use them with yours, or can you only do it by leaving  them off?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]

https://i.imgur.com/DTnCvhj.jpg
VS. Gen 3
https://i.imgur.com/189C1ye.jpg
View Quote

Well, mine’s from last January, so unless they’ve kicked out a new generation since then I would expect it to be the latest.

I’m wondering now if the problem is that I’m using the flip-open lens covers that came with it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#12]

Well, mine’s from last January, so unless they’ve kicked out a new generation since then I would expect it to be the latest.

I’m wondering now if the problem is that I’m using the flip-open lens covers that came with it.
View Quote

Yep.

I put them and the ARD in the parts drawer. No clearance issues with my Matech rear BUIS.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]
So the Vortex Razors Gen II 1-6x24, are clone correct as some units have purchased them with their own fund? The correct reticle is what? JM-1 BDC?
Geissele SOPMOD Vortex mount is the correct mount for the unit purchased Razors?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#14]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Yep.

I put them and the ARD in the parts drawer. No clearance issues with my Matech rear BUIS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Yep.

:-/

I kinda like the lens covers, though the killflash is largely superfluous for me. Since I have it with me at work every day, I want the glass protected.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]
What tac lights are acceptable?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By huey_crew_chief:
What tac lights are acceptable?
View Quote

Streamlight ProTac
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Streamlight ProTac
View Quote

Thanks, but really
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#18]

Thanks, but really
View Quote

Near as I can tell from what I’ve been told by guys carrying them, it’s the same issued optics and lights as the Block II (WMX200 and Surefire Scouts) plus more variety of LPVO in the wild.  @CD can tell me if I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#19]

Thanks, but really
View Quote

3rd pic down on linked post.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-M4A1-USASOC-URG-I-and-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-722381/?page=128#i7940784
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By romad99:

Near as I can tell from what I’ve been told by guys carrying them, it’s the same issued optics and lights as the Block II (WMX200 and Surefire Scouts) plus more variety of LPVO in the wild.  @CD can tell me if I’m wrong.
View Quote

Correct, URGI accessories are the same as the URG's.

CD
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:28:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TBone556] [#21]
Originally Posted By P51D_katydid:
So the Vortex Razors Gen II 1-6x24, are clone correct as some units have purchased them with their own fund? The correct reticle is what? JM-1 BDC?
Geissele SOPMOD Vortex mount is the correct mount for the unit purchased Razors?
View Quote

It would be a MRAD reticle most likely for ranting purposes and the mount could be whatever 30mm mount they chose. LaRue, Geissele, or whoever else. A lot of these NF, Razor, and whatever else optics are personally owned optics. I got a buddy that runs the new VCOG 1-8 on his SCAR and then the Eotech and magnifier on his m4 with the new URGI. I know dudes running mk6 and NF nx8. But they bought them with their own money. A lot of guys are taking personal stuff and adding to the guns, you’ll see Inforce lights, streamlight, you’ll see some Surefire warcomps since those have NSN on them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

Thanks, but really

3rd pic down on linked post.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-M4A1-USASOC-URG-I-and-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-722381/?page=128#i7940784

Same rifle has Magpul Pro offset buis.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#23]
Was set on not building another URGI...

Then salty Colt receiver appears and I had to buy it due to its ugliness

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Was set on not building another URGI...

Then salty Colt receiver appears and I had to buy it due to its ugliness

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/37846EA9-E89F-47B1-8519-05C65857613D-135-1351221.jpg
View Quote

That’s the only kind of lowers I like.  Well used.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Speaking of BUIS...

Bah.

View Quote

Eotech setup almost doesn’t work with a Matech... the G33 QD latch BARELY clears the elevation dial.

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Cool issued gun with some arisaka accesories and nightforce nx8

https://i.postimg.cc/RhTFyDVm/95712-D59-4-DA4-4-D1-B-BA87-869840-BC2733.jpg
View Quote

What flashlight is that?

And how is it mounted?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

What flashlight is that?

And how is it mounted?
View Quote

Arisaka E2XT or E2XTD on Arisaka scout side mount?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

What flashlight is that?

And how is it mounted?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Is the only difference between the Geissele URG-I Airborne Charging Handle and the standard Geissele Airborne Charging handle simply the subdued markings?

Or are there other differences?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Is the only difference between the Geissele URG-I Airborne Charging Handle and the standard Geissele Airborne Charging handle simply the subdued markings?

Or are there other differences?
View Quote

Nope that’s the only difference.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm sure this has been asked before, but...

Have there been any Scout light mounts that are direct MLok mounted? Versus MLok to 1913 to light mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Have there been any Scout light mounts that are direct MLok mounted? Versus MLok to 1913 to light mount.
View Quote

Arisaka
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:27:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#33]

View Quote

The new Scout Light Pro come with MLOK mounts.

They were featured on URG-I (or MK16 rail equipped) uppers at SHOT, so it's semi-related to the topic.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Comes with both.  I’m very happy with this setup.  Much better than my MagPul mount in the bottom picture.

I’ll update pictures when my Mk16 arrives...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By romad99:
Comes with both.  I’m very happy with this setup.  Much better than my MagPul mount in the bottom picture.

I’ll update pictures when my Mk16 arrives...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/249363/22DE9B8B-CA50-4FCA-A509-B4BAEAACE179_jpe-1355473.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/249363/384402E4-9FC4-4F74-B582-85B5E1A0D004_jpe-1355474.JPG
View Quote

Nice! That is the light I am running for sure. So happy Surefire came out with this. It's like the rotational-mount WMX from the future, but with actual lumens...
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#36]
So isn't the ScoutLight Pro lights (Mini and full-size) basically the same light, just comes with direct MLok mount?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#37]
So isn't the ScoutLight Pro lights (Mini and full-size) basically the same light, just comes with direct MLok mount?
View Quote

I believe they are the same as the other current Scouts except the mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Pretty much, the bodies are different on the Pro. They don't have the flat mounting surfaces machined on them like the legacy lights. They have a set of "ears" that are the rotational mounts for the M-LOK or pic rail "adapter." Same lumes as the similar sized Scout lights.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Where can I find a ambi selector kit(with the right stubby selector) other than Colt/FN? Wouldn't mind a Colt/FN selector but is there any manufacturer what makes them?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By txdude915:
Wouldn't mind a Colt/FN selector but is there any manufacturer what makes them?
View Quote

Manufacturing Support Industries (1KW91), though you're unlikely to find them available commercially.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By txdude915:
Where can I find a ambi selector kit(with the right stubby selector) other than Colt/FN? Wouldn't mind a Colt/FN selector but is there any manufacturer what makes them?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-COLT-OEM-Ambi-Safety-like-new-takeoff/119-1981421/
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:11:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: txdude915] [#42]
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-COLT-OEM-Ambi-Safety-like-new-takeoff/119-1981421/
View Quote

Darn! I missed out. Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Current URGI Setup. Just waiting on my Cloud Defensive pressure switch mount to finish it up. Would also like to swap the Larue SPR Mount for a Geissele 1.93, but those seem to be unobtainium right now.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Spydey:
Current URGI Setup. Just waiting on my Cloud Defensive pressure switch mount to finish it up. Would also like to swap the Larue SPR Mount for a Geissele 1.93, but those seem to be unobtainium right now.

https://i.imgur.com/aFufOvW.jpg
View Quote

Sweet set up. I have to ask, what is that grip/handstop youre running?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.imgur.com/aFufOvW.jpg
View Quote

I like your setup

Wrong lower for now but otherwise I’m happy with it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Manufacturing Support Industries (1KW91), though you're unlikely to find them available commercially.
View Quote

Freshly swapped to a MSI upper.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Nab187:

Sweet set up. I have to ask, what is that grip/handstop youre running?
View Quote

Its the True North Concepts Gripstop. Comes in the regular length (which is what I have) and a short/stubby version. I believe B5 makes the same product as well. Im a pretty big fan of it so far, but dont have a ton of time with it yet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Its the True North Concepts Gripstop. Comes in the regular length (which is what I have) and a short/stubby version. I believe B5 makes the same product as well. Im a pretty big fan of it so far, but dont have a ton of time with it yet.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. It looks damn good. One of the better matching ones I've seen. I'm going to have to snag one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:47:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#49]

Thanks for the info. It looks damn good. One of the better matching ones I've seen. I'm going to have to snag one.
View All Quotes

True North developed the original. I like the "K" (short) version. https://truenorth-usa.com/product-category/store/

B5 was licensed to produce them for a while but they don't list them on the website anymore. There are some floating around with online sellers though. There was a skeletonized version they made which was super cool IMO but hard to find now.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

True North developed the original. I like the "K" (short) version. https://truenorth-usa.com/product-category/store/

B5 was licensed to produce them for a while but they don't list them on the website anymore. There are some floating around with online sellers though. There was a skeletonized version they made which was super cool IMO but hard to find now.

https://i.imgur.com/kDTiuej.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4PfcKNi.jpg
View Quote

That is sharp. I actually just landed a URGI Upper the other day and was brainstorming on what VFG or handstop would compliment that DDC rail.....then I stumbled upon this thread.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top