BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Noveske Lower (Duracoated Coyote) with Geissele internals, gas tube, and Geissele SDC trigger.
Geissele URGI near clone upper (14.5 pinned) with Geissele Reliability Enhanced BCG
Eotech EXPS 3-2 and G33
Magpul Pro Buis
Modlite PLHV2 1350 light
Cloud Defense LCS
Geissele rail panels duracoated Coyote tan
Slate Black Industries Slate Stop duracoated Coyote tan
B5 pistol grip & stock

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

A little bit or apples to oranges I know but having run an ATACR (No experience with the NX8) and the Vortex, I'd ask what do you think your intended use is?  The Vortex in my opinion is much easier to use on 1x and in CQB type situations and the Nightforce feels better at distance.  The Vortex's eye box is more forgiving and the reticle draws your eye to the center of the scope much faster.  

The Nightforce is usable at 1x it's just that the FFP reticle get's so small that there's a little more thinking involved to get on target.  Anything at or past 3x and the Nightforce's reticle and glass out shine the Vortex by far.  Given the large price difference between the two I am extremely impressed with the Vortex and would highly recommend it. If you're able to step up to the ATACR, I would do it.  

https://i.imgur.com/ZeAM9Xtl.jpg
View Quote

I love my ATACR. If he can make that jump, I'd also say to look into the Razor 1-10x, though. I was impressed by the samples I played with - it's just a matter of time until one also finds a home in my safe.

Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Thanks everyone - appreciate the info and your personal experiences.

I was strongly considering cloning this rifle below, so I was leaning towards the NX8, but having not used either the NX8 or the Vortex 1-6 Razor HD, I didn't want to go blindly with the NX8 just because I saw it in a picture.

https://i.postimg.cc/RhTFyDVm/95712-D59-4-DA4-4-D1-B-BA87-869840-BC2733.jpg
View Quote

If fhe NX8 is what appeals to you, go for it, especially if you think you'll end up second guessing yourself. Several of my friends love them on their rifles and resale on them should be pretty solid if you decide it's not for you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

The Nightforce is usable at 1x it's just that the FFP reticle get's so small that there's a little more thinking involved to get on target.

https://i.imgur.com/ZeAM9Xtl.jpg
View Quote

Which is probably why we see lots of T1's at 45 degrees on issued rifles and ITW. Makes sense.

Thanks guys for all the Vortex -v- NF info. I'm planning to snag a NX8 when funds become available and I can actually get out shooting again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Which is probably why we see lots of T1's at 45 degrees on issued rifles and ITW. Makes sense.

Thanks guys for all the Vortex -v- NF info. I'm planning to snag a NX8 when funds become available and I can actually get out shooting again.
View Quote
I would be cautious to get the NX8, mine was a piece of dog shit. The diopter couldn't focus the scope at 1x and 8x, one or the other would be crazy blurry and the other would be in focus. It got bad enough on 8x that I couldn't make out targets without high contrast at 200 yards. Really wanted to like that scope, but it doesn't live up to it. Spend a little more and go for a Razor gen III or a used ATACR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Silverww:
I would be cautious to get the NX8, mine was a piece of dog shit. The diopter couldn't focus the scope at 1x and 8x, one or the other would be crazy blurry and the other would be in focus. It got bad enough on 8x that I couldn't make out targets without high contrast at 200 yards. Really wanted to like that scope, but it doesn't live up to it. Spend a little more and go for a Razor gen III or a used ATACR.
View Quote
Sounds like something was wrong with it.  Did you have NF look at it, return it, or send it on down the road?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Great optic... works better for my tired eyes than my 231a/G33 for sure.
And adds a whole new shade of tano to the party
The question is...
What are the chances we start seeing them pop up in the wild?

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Got my URGI upper from black phase tactical on Saturday. I saw on the bore wick it was inspected at geissele on 4-8 so its freshly built
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Geissele discontinued their URG-I uppers (both complete and stripped).

At least, it seems that way anyway. No mention of them on their site anymore, and Brownells lists their stripped URG-I upper as "discontinued by the manufacturer."

What gives?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Optics Planet seems to have the 14.5" near clone uppers in stock (you'll pay full retail, though).
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#11]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Looks like Geissele discontinued their URG-I uppers (both complete and stripped).

At least, it seems that way anyway. No mention of them on their site anymore, and Brownells lists their stripped URG-I upper as "discontinued by the manufacturer."

What gives?
View Quote

I noticed that as well and I certainly hope that isn’t the case, it would be a shame.

I’ve really enjoyed this thread.  Hope to have something worthy of posting shortly.  I have it about 90%
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
complete uppers were only built for the civvy market. it appears they didn't sell well, and G still offers the mk16 rails separately.

the mil gets the rail, barrel, gas block, charging handle, and gas tube in the kit.

makes sense as to why they would discontinue complete uppers. they were basically for the cloners (and boy did that backfire) on G

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
complete uppers were only built for the civvy market. it appears they didn't sell well, and G still offers the mk16 rails separately.

the mil gets the rail, barrel, gas block, charging handle, and gas tube in the kit.

makes sense as to why they would discontinue complete uppers. they were basically for the cloners (and boy did that backfire) on G

View Quote

Honestly, makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By india13c:

I noticed that as well and will make these coupons an even bigger joke than they already were since it’s about the only thing I wanted to use it on if that’s what they’re doing.

But this isn’t really the thread for this so I digress.

I’ve really enjoyed this thread.  Hope to have something worthy of posting shortly.  I have it about 90%
View Quote

It could just be out of stock or a specific part for the build is out of stock. For some reason they remove certain things when they are out of stock rather than changing the listing to out of stock.

I'd recommend calling and just asking.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#15]
Originally Posted By M3iser:

It could just be out of stock or a specific part for the build is out of stock. For some reason they remove certain things when they are out of stock rather than changing the listing to out of stock.

I'd recommend calling and just asking.
View Quote

You’re absolutely right, and that’s why I said “if”, but now that I reread the way I wrote it, it came off much harsher than it was intended so it needs editing.

But I haven’t bothered to bug them about it given the current situations and they said themselves that the phones aren’t being manned right now because they’re so short staffed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#16]
That’s super disappointing if they are discontinued. I was looking to get one for myself as a birthday present during their 4th of July sale at either brownells or on the geissele page.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw that they have some of the rails on the geissele facebook page, just an FYI
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TBone556:
That’s super disappointing if they are discontinued. I was looking to get one for myself as a birthday present during their 4th of July sale at either brownells or on the geissele page.
View Quote

You can always build one for around the same price. I bought a URG-l clone upper for $1149 last July 4th sale with free SSA trigger.

Colt upper (cage code) -$150
Colt bcg-$150
DD 14.5 mid barrel seen for $270 with there lpgb
DD mid gas tube $20
Mk16 rail & ACH on sale $335
Surefire 4 prong $225
Total- $1150.00
Basically the same price but no free trigger.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

You can always build one for around the same price. I bought a URG-l clone upper for $1149 last July 4th sale with free SSA trigger.

Colt upper (cage code) -$150
Colt bcg-$150
DD mid gas tube $20
Mk16 rail & ACH on sale $335
Surefire 4 prong $225
Total- $1150.00
Basically the same price but no free trigger.
View Quote

And the DD LPGB works better with the Mk16 than the Mk12 block...
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

And the DD LPGB works better with the Mk16 than the Mk12 block...
View Quote

Yes it does & clone correct
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Where the hell are you finding a DD with factory pinned gas block for $270?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#22]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Believe it or not optics planet had them on sale last month $269 with free shipping they had 8 in stock & they sold kinda slow took about a week to sell out.
I know they have a bad rap but I never had any issues buying from them yet...

Edit- Thoroughbred Armament sells them for $255 no lpgb though, shit a bought a nos Colt 14.5 C stamped for $110 from them with no fsb.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Believe it or not optics planet had them on sale last month $269 with free shipping they had 8 in stock & they sold kinda slow took about a week to sell out.
I know they have a bad rap but I never had any issues buying from them yet...

Edit- Thoroughbred Armament sells them for $255 no lpgb though, shit a bought a nos Colt 14.5 C stamped for $110 from them with no fsb.
View Quote

I scooped up one of those colts too from them.  Damn good deal.  Thanks for the heads up on OP, I have never had a problem with them either.

I won’t derail the point of the thread any longer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#24]

I scooped up one of those colts too from them.  Damn good deal.  Thanks for the heads up on OP, I have never had a problem with them either.

I won’t derail the point of the thread any longer.
View Quote

Where to get a DD barrel with clone correct gas block for cheap is relevant to this thread.

I'm seeing them for $341 everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Where to get a DD barrel with clone correct gas block for cheap is relevant to this thread.

View Quote

I posted it right above this post OpticsPlanet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:23:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akguy1985] [#26]
Here is a couple crappy cell phone pics, still waiting on my Eotech. A big thanks to Corey at Black Phase Tactical.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:36:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#27]
I inquired about the 14.5" URG-I uppers no longer being available on Geissele's site.

Just got an email back stating, "Currently, I do not have an ETA for them being back in stock."

Didn't mention them being discontinued or anything like that, so I take it they are just temporarily not available?

I guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:36:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mmmboats] [#28]
The real mystery is not when they come back in stock, but how they come back...

Wasn’t there talk of the URG-I’s eventually being offered with Geissele’s CHF barrel instead of a DD going forward? (For commercial sales anyway)

Or was that just a filthy little rumor?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mmmboats:
The real mystery is not when they come back in stock, but how they come back...

Wasn’t there talk of the URG-I’s eventually being offered with Geissele’s CHF barrel instead of a DD going forward? (For commercial sales anyway)

Or was that just a filthy little rumor?
View Quote

Seeing how geissele is going these days, they will save cost by putting their own barrel in which will not be the same quality of a CHF DD barrel but they will raise the price Like how the Mk16 rails are now $325 but now dont come with a barrel nut wrench or gas block. Pretty soon bill will require people to pay for the hardware and cross bolts...
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#30]

Mk16 Options, got another 13.5 one on and its got a little gold to it.

Took this guy out shooting yesterday.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#31]

I posted it right above this post OpticsPlanet.
View Quote

Yeah, they are currently $341.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Those are gorgeous.  Wish I could score a 13.5 MK16 that was more of a the concrete colored DDC that my 10.5 came as.  Mine’s orangey bronze.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

Seeing how geissele is going these days, they will save cost by putting their own barrel in which will not be the same quality of a CHF DD barrel but they will raise the price Like how the Mk16 rails are now $325 but now dont come with a barrel nut wrench or gas block. Pretty soon bill will require people to pay for the hardware and cross bolts...
View Quote

@ Conner378 did you buy a rail & no gas block? I purchased a MK16 10.5 DDC last week & it came with a gas block, shipped the next day too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#34]
The new 10.5 is a little darker than my older URG-l clone upper but I’m happy with it. Waiting on a few ordered parts to finish the build, slow shipping times.
TD stubby, BRT .067/.068 gas port insert for the Colt 11.5 barrel alsoI broke down ordered a new elcan & nos fde/bronze Doctor ll 3.5 moa with mount.
Probably gonna put the elcan on the URG-l & eotech on 11.5 upper.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine came with the silver gas block.   As I read it,  the black gas block
is 50% off.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#36]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

View Quote
Ships in 1-3 months...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/ddf-0707709173018-barrel-5-56-16.html?_iv_code=DDD-BRI-DDNTGV-07-077-07308
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:59:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M3iser] [#37]
If any of you guys are MIL/ LE, you can set up a Mil/ LE account on DD's website. Also check out Expertvoice.com Mil/ LE accounts. They have Daniel Defense, Vortex, Eotech, and some other companies. My Razor Gen II was $999 on there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:16:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HSI_1811] [#38]
Hey wayfaerer320, I literally ordered the last URG-I complete upper with Colt receiver and BCG today from MidwayUSA, couldn’t believe that I found one in stock there. Stumbled on it honestly, because when you search URG-I on MidwayUSA, it turns up nothing. Their inventory said one left in stock, as soon as I completed the transaction the listing changed to “Discontinued” as well. Ships out on 05/04. There is another website I found that has URG-I’s in stock and ready to ship, the only catch is they are not factory pinned and welded, but still have the SF4P installed. So you’ll have to get that done at your local gunsmith to be NFA compliant, unless you want to SBR it. It’s still the model with Colt receiver and BCG as well. Also, you will have to pay full retail. If you are still in the market to get one, PM me and I’ll send you the link. I know the feeling of searching everywhere...it sucks and it’s disheartening.

I also have a pending order in with OpticsPlanet, but I’m in the “waiting on item” status “estimated ship 7-18 days” purgatory. Pretty sure they are drop shipping, and not sure Geissele will fill a new order they place. Everywhere else has it listed as out of stock or discontinued like you mentioned. My order with OpticsPlanet is the non-Colt, generic Mil-Spec Upper and BCG, and I was ok with that plus I got a really steep discount on it. I got nervous that OpticsPlanet wasn’t going to be able to fulfill and went ahead and plunged on the last MidwayUSA one to hedge my chances, I’m kinda glad I did even though I payed full retail for that one. Could end up with two if I'm lucky, and in that case, I might return one, or sell it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TBone556:
View Quote

Tbone556, see the post I just posted in reply to Wayfaerer320, PM me if you are still interested in getting one and I'll send you a link to a company that has unpinned URG-I's in stock at the time of this post. They don't list the quantity available so I'm not sure exactly how many they have. Like someone else said in the thread, OpticsPlanet does allow you to place an order for the Colt Upper Receiver and BCG and generic Mil-Spec version, though they are significantly "back ordered" for both. Personally, I question whether they will be able to actually acquire them from Geiselle. As stated previously, I have an order in with them as well for the generic Mil-Spec version and I'll update everyone here if I actually get a shipping notification from OpticsPlanet demonstrating they still have access to a new supply of URG-I's. They might though, someone stated they got theirs with a bore inspection date of this month from another third party company.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Seems there are other non-clones, so I'm posting it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Forgive me if this question has been addressed throughout this thread but this is my first time in here. New to the URG-I

What’s the deal with the surefire 4 prong FH for the URG-I? Are they rare? Seeing some outrageous asking prices and seems like folks are paying it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
Forgive me if this question has been addressed throughout this thread but this is my first time in here. New to the URG-I

What’s the deal with the surefire 4 prong FH for the URG-I? Are they rare? Seeing some outrageous asking prices and seems like folks are paying it.
View Quote

Not rare. It's not available for purchase by the general public.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View Quote

But it comes on the URGI that Geissele sells, right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

The complete and near clone uppers come with the SF4P.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand:
Seems there are other non-clones, so I'm posting it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49813533592_1b9121e8fe_b.jpg
View Quote

This thread is for clones. You should post

Here

Here

Here
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I just got a 14.5" URG-I upper and was debating changing the 13.5" rail to a shorter one. I'm used to my Daniel Defense SBR with 9" rails, so I would probably mount the AFG in the same place. I'm debating just getting a shorter rail to save on some weight. Any downsides I'm not thinking of?

1. 9.3" seems like the perfect length (4 M-Lok). But the gas block will be exposed. Lightest.
2. 10.5" seems like a good length (5 M-Lok). Covers the gas block.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:42:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#48]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
I just got a 14.5" URG-I upper and was debating changing the 13.5" rail to a shorter one. I'm used to my Daniel Defense SBR with 9" rails, so I would probably mount the AFG in the same place. I'm debating just getting a shorter rail to save on some weight. Any downsides I'm not thinking of?

1. 9.3" seems like the perfect length (4 M-Lok). But the gas block will be exposed. Lightest.
2. 10.5" seems like a good length (5 M-Lok). Covers the gas block.
View Quote

The downside is it’s not a URG-I and then you defeated the purpose, but it’s yours so you do you.

9.3 would allow you to never have to be concerned with gas block contact with the rail, but 10.5 would probably be best IF I were ever to consider any of them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#49]

The downside is it’s not a URG-I and then you defeated the purpose, but it’s yours so you do you.

9.3 would allow you to never have to be concerned with gas block contact with the rail, but 10.5 would probably be best IF I were ever to consider any of them.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm new to the whole URG-I thing. My first Geissele upper, so I figured I would buy one to see what it was like.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View Quote
Plenty on the EE
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top