AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 268
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
It's a joke. Calm down.
View Quote

Sorry, I must have missed the punch line.

Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tanodized:

https://i.imgur.com/SjwS5CW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XVPKSUY.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
It's a joke. Calm down.

https://i.imgur.com/SjwS5CW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XVPKSUY.jpg

If they're the same scope, what's with the different manf. numbers and part numbers?  
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
If they're the same scope, what's with the different manf. numbers and part numbers?  
View Quote

You're looking at two different scopes for two different contracts.

The SVPS is a second focal plane Tango6T with FL-6 Hellfire reticle for SOCOM. The commercial equivalent would be the SOT61230. However, that designation along with the additional SIG branding distinguish it from the authentic specimen. Recently a new SKU has become available; the SOT61SVPS bundles with the titanium Alpha 4 mount, an Armageddon Gear case, and Magpul offset irons supposedly as delivered to the military. Though it too has commercial branding and lacks the NSN. I'll try to take some additional photos of that particular model tomorrow.

The DVO is big Army, FFP, and as far as I can tell, is the only commercially available product that ships with identical markings to the issued scope.

Both of those CAGE codes are registered to SIG. Aside from this DVO, every other Tango6T I've seen has been marked 6ZWB1. Interestingly enough 8SYZ9 points to their Oregon location, home of their electro-optics division.

Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankW134] [#6]

You're looking at two different scopes for two different contracts.

https://i.imgur.com/3u3GyLW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BK0zc8m.png

The SVPS is a second focal plane Tango6T with FL-6 Hellfire reticle for SOCOM. The commercial equivalent would be the SOT61230. However, that designation along with the additional SIG branding distinguish it from the authentic specimen. Recently a new SKU has become available; the SOT61SVPS bundles with the titanium Alpha 4 mount, an Armageddon Gear case, and Magpul offset irons supposedly as delivered to the military. Though it too has commercial branding and lacks the NSN. I'll try to take some additional photos of that particular model tomorrow.

The DVO is big Army, FFP, and as far as I can tell, is the only commercially available product that ships with identical markings to the issued scope.

Both of those CAGE codes are registered to SIG. Aside from this DVO, every other Tango6T I've seen has been marked 6ZWB1. Interestingly enough 8SYZ9 points to their Oregon location, home of their electro-optics division.

https://i.imgur.com/zrvzVir.jpg
View Quote

A quick Google search brought up a few vendors listing that sku for sale at $2199, seems like a good deal with offsets.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
What mounts are correct for the 1-8x ATACR? The 34mm Geissele extended in FDE? What height?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the current lineup from left to right:
SOT61230 (Commercial), SVPS (Contract), SVPS (Commercial), DVO (Commercial)  

Originally the DVO was advertised as limited availability contract overruns. While that may still be the case, there must be a lot of them. Its SKU has remained persistent while SIG has eliminated several other Tango6T variants from retail.

I was hopeful the SOT61SVPS would also be identical to the contract version. Unfortunately you can see there are still numerous external differences. Notice it too shares the Oregon registered CAGE code with the DVO. Assuming this was a transition across recent production. Additionally, it lacks the 'W' prefix in the part number. SIG typically uses that to denote MIL/LE products.

There have been some alterations to the Tango4 mount as well:

Both the contract SVPS and commercial DVO share the "DVO" marked titanium mount. However, the latest commercial SVPS drops the previous identifier from the model name. The newer mount features two divots on the cross bolts and four across the scope base and ring caps. I'm curious if this denotes a similar design change or incompatibility across generations as found with the ADM mount for the Mk20 SSR.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:27:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: manticore] [#9]
Originally Posted By grantw12:
What mounts are correct for the 1-8x ATACR? The 34mm Geissele extended in FDE? What height?
View Quote

NightForce Ultramount 34mm 1.54" in Dark Earth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 5:36:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#10]
Here's the current lineup from left to right:
SOT61230 (Commercial), SVPS (Contract), SVPS (Commercial), DVO (Commercial)  

https://i.imgur.com/sIGnSOw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OO798Tu.jpg

Originally the DVO was advertised as limited availability contract overruns. While that may still be the case, there must be a lot of them. Its SKU has remained persistent while SIG has eliminated several other Tango6T variants from retail.

I was hopeful the SOT61SVPS would also be identical to the contract version. Unfortunately you can see there are still numerous external differences. Notice it too shares the Oregon registered CAGE code with the DVO. Assuming this was a transition across recent production. Additionally, it lacks the 'W' prefix in the part number. SIG typically uses that to denote MIL/LE products.

There have been some alterations to the Tango4 mount as well:

https://i.imgur.com/t2eR938.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mgW1Gjj.jpg

Both the contract SVPS and commercial DVO share the "DVO" marked titanium mount. However, the latest commercial SVPS drops the previous identifier from the model name. The newer mount features two divots on the cross bolts and four across the scope base and ring caps. I'm curious if this denotes a similar design change or incompatibility across generations as found with the ADM mount for the Mk20 SSR.

https://i.imgur.com/wuRpgQo.png
View Quote

I have the DVO on my Block II. I ditched the mount, I felt like it sat a little low for some reason at least for me. I wanted to be able to mount an RMR at the 12 so all I had to do was lift my head or if using my NV so I went with the Reptila Corp RMR mount for the Geissele mount. I believe the DVO is currently out of stock everywhere. There were a lot of them and the price was all over the place. I saw them as high as $2,400 and as low as $1,200. It wouldn’t surprise me though if Sig did make more of them since they did seem to sell well. It’s a solid optic, especially at $1,200 - $1,500. At $2,400 though, not so much IMO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By woody20:
That's disappointing.

Well, while you're at it, go ahead and sell me a razor 1-6 E that had this reticle as well, infinitely more usable than the JM reticles, IMO:

https://i.imgur.com/ZgcYr4z.jpg
View Quote

Damn, I would buy the dog shit out of a razor with that reticle.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#12]
You and me both. I don't care for the reticle on my personal Razor, this BDC and ranging reticle is infinitely more usable than any JM vortex puts out for the civilian market.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I don’t understand these companies not selling the same items to the civilian market when that’s exactly what people want. I guess there is a reason but damn.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
From Thoroughbred Armament

" (please note Geissele started using steal QD inserts on the MK16 Rails - yes the military is getting the same ones - Confirmed with Geissele)"

Can anyone attest that the military will start using the steel qd attachments?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By irish-riviera:

" (please note Geissele started using steal QD inserts on the MK16 Rails - yes the military is getting the same ones - Confirmed with Geissele)"

View Quote

This was the last response from G that I saw. This post is now over a year old. I believe this applied only to the 13.5 NSN marked rails.

T/A is a sold vendor, I don’t think he would pass along bad info.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 1:30:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By irish-riviera:

View Quote

After seeing others receive new URGI uppers from G$ and stand alone mk16 hand guards in the last month or so having the steel QD inserts, I'd say it's true...along with what TAC says. I don't see a reason why they'd provide false info on the matter.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:01:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#18]
I just got my Black Friday URG-I directly from Geissele and it has the QD insert
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:52:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:
I just got my Black Friday URG-I directly from Geissele and it has the QD insert
View Quote

Nice! did you get a darker shade of DDC?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By little_grease:

Nice! did you get a darker shade of DDC?
View Quote

Not sure, looks a little more bronze.

I can take a picture next to some common FDE/Coyote items if you want
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:27:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Not sure, looks a little more bronze.

I can take a picture next to some common FDE/Coyote items if you want
View Quote

Sure! whenever you get time, no rush...I always like to see a URGI
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Sure! whenever you get time, no rush...I always like to see a URGI
View Quote

Haven't put together the URG-I yet but here you go!
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Ahhh, the best of both worlds! RIS3 is nice too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:53:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Ahhh, the best of both worlds! RIS3 is nice too.
View Quote

Thanks!

RIS3 is far and wide my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Might be a dumb question but seems like the Vortex and ATACR are the go-to LPVO on these builds - are TANGO6Ts clone correct for URG-Is? Considering giving it a try, so far I've been happier with the ELCAN.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Might be a dumb question but seems like the Vortex and ATACR are the go-to LPVO on these builds - are TANGO6Ts clone correct for URG-Is? Considering giving it a try, so far I've been happier with the ELCAN.
View Quote

Look at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Look at the top of the page.
View Quote

Looks like I nailed it by calling it a dumb question - thanks haha.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#28]
This setup got passed by in the thread but *negative* Ghostrider we *will* be discussing the Double Dot. BURDS is the future.

Now I just need to ID the RMR mount.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Is there a clone correct mount for the Aimpoint T2? Is it the LT660?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Name the mount and it's probably been seen/used.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Name the mount and it's probably been seen/used.
View Quote

Awesome, any recommendation? I have a few optics I want to try on the URG-I and I've been avoiding the riser setups for long enough. Wanted to see if I like the T2/Riser on it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Awesome, any recommendation? I have a few optics I want to try on the URG-I and I've been avoiding the riser setups for long enough. Wanted to see if I like the T2/Riser on it.

View Quote

Entirely depends on what height you’re trying to achieve.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 1:35:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#33]
Originally Posted By india13c:

Entirely depends on what height you’re trying to achieve.

View Quote

I think my only preference would be a 1/3 cowitness. I don't typically go too high over the bore with any optics - EXPS3 on QD has been my go-to optic for a long time and I've really grown fond of the ELCAN recently.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#34]

I think my only preference would be a 1/3 cowitness. I don't typically go too high over the bore with any optics - EXPS3 on QD has been my go-to optic for a long time and I've really grown fond of the ELCAN recently.
View Quote

In that case, if it were me, my only choice would be the LT660.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

SEALS use DD risers on their T1/T2 mounted to URGs.  Haven't seen any 11.5 URG-Is yet but thats where the Aimpoints will be.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

SEALS use DD risers on their T1/T2 mounted to URGs.  Haven't seen any 11.5 URG-Is yet but thats where the Aimpoints will be.

Thank you gents
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Did Nightforce recently change their markings on their civilian ATACRs? I received mine and instead of "ATACR 1-8X24 F1" it says "MILSPEC"
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Post a pic
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By operator5290:
Did Nightforce recently change their markings on their civilian ATACRs? I received mine and instead of "ATACR 1-8X24 F1" it says "MILSPEC"
View Quote

@operator5290

As one of many that have the Tano Atacr you damn well better post up some pics lol and not pull that hit and run like that...........  We need pics of box and all around of the scope??
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 1:44:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: speezly] [#40]
So I’ve been lurking the thread for about a year now and I think I might almost be ready to contribute my URGI builds. I’ve read every page of this thread and learned some great info and want to take the time to say I really appreciate this community, you dudes rock.

Now, let’s belittle my builds! Full disclosure; the incorrect parts are merely placeholders because I’m impatient and had the other parts on hand. I intend to swap everything out with correct items as soon as I am able to source them. I haven’t added the 4 prongs yet since I really like shooting suppressed and already had a yhm can.
(I just included the 10.3 in the pics but it’s nowhere near clone correct, just a quick parts bin build with the BAD m4a1 tribute lower borrowed from my block ii.)

Be gentle on me please and sorry in advance if I didn’t get the pics to upload correctly, I may not have had enough post history on here and I am technologically ‘tarded. Thanks in advance for bearing with a rookie to the forum.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 1:56:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman] [#41]
Originally Posted By speezly:
So I’ve been lurking the thread for about a year now and I think I might almost be ready to contribute my URGI builds. I’ve read every page of this thread and learned some great info and want to take the time to say I really appreciate this community, you dudes rock.

Now, let’s belittle my builds! Full disclosure; the incorrect parts are merely placeholders because I’m impatient and had the other parts on hand. I intend to swap everything out with correct items as soon as I am able to source them. I haven’t added the 4 prongs yet since I really like shooting suppressed and already had a yhm can.
(I just included the 10.3 in the pics but it’s nowhere near clone correct, just a quick parts bin build with the BAD m4a1 tribute lower borrowed from my block ii.)

https://imgur.com/a/l8I96a8

Be gentle on me please and sorry in advance if I didn’t get the pics to upload correctly, I may not have had enough post history on here and I am technologically ‘tarded. Thanks in advance for bearing with a rookie to the forum.
View Quote

Trying to help.  He has more images.  I got this one in for him.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 2:17:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By imdBman:

Trying to help.  He has more images.  I got this one in for him.
https://i.imgur.com/B4Tdj4a.jpeg
View Quote

Thanks my friend! I guess I should have commented on the forums more before trying to post pics. I wanted to add build lists, but went over my 2000 character limit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Thanks my friend! I guess I should have commented on the forums more before trying to post pics. I wanted to add build lists, but went over my 2000 character limit.
View Quote

Try posting your pictures with this in front and back of your link:  [img]
Example: [img]yoururl.com[img]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Try posting your pictures with this in front and back of your link:  [url]
Example: [url]yoururl.com[url]
View Quote

I did, it shows up like that when I edit it
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Try posting your pictures with this in front and back of your link:  [url]
Example: [url]yoururl.com[url]

It's either or link.  You need the / in the second part.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Sorry, took me a second to figure out how to post images.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#47]
https://i.imgur.com/z764S3y.png
Sorry, took me a second to figure out how to post images.
View Quote
Does the entire Dmx reticle tree light up? Or is it just the "circle" portion?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Just the segmented circle portion
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Just the segmented circle portion
View Quote

Actual .mil variants has the entire reticle tree able to illuminate for use with Clip-on devices, depth rated, "Mil-Spec" marked on the illumination turret. (Black Mil-Spec 1-8 Atacrs)
NF is still pretty strict with separately marking for mil and commercial.
Looks like you got an old ball on your hands. Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Y'all are blind.  That looks like cerakote and stickers lol.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top