AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 268
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

From @hoody2shoez

Honestly, the BDC reticle is a huge turn-off. Makes me think I'll be keeping my original DM and DMx commercial models and letting the collectors chase the exact clone optics.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#2]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/432480/Screenshot_20231211-223114_Gallery_jpg-3056630.JPG

From @hoody2shoez

Honestly, the BDC reticle is a huge turn-off. Makes me think I'll be keeping my original DM and DMx commercial models and letting the collectors chase the exact clone optics.
View Quote

From my understanding of his explanation, it sounds like you zero your 5.56 to the second crosshair from the top. Not sure what the purpose off the center dot is if that’s the case. Looks like that’s just for bdc.

This reticle could be confusing up close.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stickyheat:

From my understanding of his explanation, it sounds like you zero your 5.56 to the second crosshair from the top. Not sure what the purpose off the center dot is if that’s the case. Looks like that’s just for bdc.
View Quote

Even if that’s the case, is this not for A1 which none of us even have?  (Well most of us don’t)
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been summoned so it seems. I started a thread on the tremor8 in the optics section-shoot me questions there. Between here and the hide I'm having trouble keeping up lol
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]

I believe it's 0.2 mils, but not certain. I also believe the contract scopes have a surrounding circle for the center dot, similar to the DMx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Any idea what the center dot size is on this?

The FC-DMx is a pretty awesome reticle at all magnification levels.

I believe it's 0.2 mils, but not certain. I also believe the contract scopes have a surrounding circle for the center dot, similar to the DMx

Last questions I'll answer in this thread

Center dot on the tremor8 is .35mils

THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES IN MANUFACTURING OR CONSTRUCTION FROM COMMERCIAL ATACR OFFERINGS. SAME INTERNALS, TOUGHNESS, ETC
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES IN MANUFACTURING OR CONSTRUCTION FROM COMMERCIAL ATACR OFFERINGS. SAME INTERNALS, TOUGHNESS, ETC
View All Quotes

Any idea what the center dot size is on this?

The FC-DMx is a pretty awesome reticle at all magnification levels.

This bears repeating.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

This bears repeating.
View Quote

They’re the same. Except for the things that are different.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
I want one bad but holy cow that's a lot of coin. No wonder our taxes are so high.
View Quote

The niin to the photo uscmsgt posted fedlogs for 4200. So they're making a few bucks on us
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCSGT0331] [#9]

View Quote

Are you saying that these Mil-Spec scopes aren't different at all from the commercial scopes? Obviously the parts used to make them are the same, but the Mil-Spec scopes are still sealed and tested differently than the civilian scopes. The new limited edition Mil-Spec scopes are built the same way as all the other Mil-Spec ATACR scopes. I verified this with NightForce yesterday.

There's 2 reasons that they're finally allowing a Mil-Spec scope to be warrantied. The first is that it's being sold to civilians, and not the military. NightForce doesn't warranty any Mil-Spec scopes that are going to a combat zone, so the military doesn't get this warranty on their Mil-Spec scopes. Also, the construction techniques used in sealing the Mil-Spec scopes has changed over the years. With the new Mil-Spec ATACR scopes, it's possible to take them apart, make repairs, then seal them back up to their Mil-Spec standards. This wasn't really possible to do with the older NXS scopes.

So, even though these limited edition Mil-Spec scopes are made with the exact same parts as the civilian scopes, these Mil-Spec scopes are indeed made to their specific Mil-Spec manufacturing standards. I received this information directly from NightForce yesterday and again today. These are legit Mil-Spec scopes, and since they aren't going to a war zone, they can warranty them just like the civilian NF scopes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

The niin to the photo uscmsgt posted fedlogs for 4200. So they're making a few bucks on us
View Quote

If you want to buy one call euro optic before placing the order.  Might be able to save a few bucks if you ask.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#11]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:

Are you saying that these Mil-Spec scopes aren't different at all from the commercial scopes? Obviously the parts used to make them are the same, but the Mil-Spec scopes are still sealed and tested differently than the civilian scopes. The new limited edition Mil-Spec scopes are built the same way as all the other Mil-Spec ATACR scopes. I verified this with NightForce yesterday.

There's 2 reasons that they're finally allowing a Mil-Spec scope to be warrantied. The first is that it's being sold to civilians, and not the military. NightForce doesn't warranty any Mil-Spec scopes that are going to a combat zone, so the military doesn't get this warranty on their Mil-Spec scopes. Also, the construction techniques used in sealing the Mil-Spec scopes has changed over the years. With the new Mil-Spec ATACR scopes, it's possible to take them apart, make repairs, then seal them back up to their Mil-Spec standards. This wasn't really possible to do with the older NXS scopes.

So, even though these limited edition Mil-Spec scopes are made with the exact same parts as the civilian scopes, these Mil-Spec scopes are indeed made to their specific Mil-Spec manufacturing standards. I received this information directly from NightForce yesterday and again today. These are legit Mil-Spec scopes, and since they aren't going to a war zone, they can warranty them just like the civilian NF scopes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:

So my post was specific to the ATACR line-both the mil and civ versions undergo the same build protocols with nothing being added to the mil versions to include sealing. The atacr line passed the testing standards without needing changes. I can't speak on the older nxs lines. They've come out and said it multiple times on Instagram and have had reps confirm it on other sites. The only difference in this vs the other model is the tremor 8
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of you may recognize this.

Another not for thee reticle

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Some of you may recognize this.

Another not for thee reticle

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/IMG_20231211_234208_530_jpg-3057451.JPG
View Quote

Vortex?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]

So my post was specific to the ATACR line-both the mil and civ versions undergo the same build protocols with nothing being added to the mil versions to include sealing. The atacr line passed the testing standards without needing changes. I can't speak on the older nxs lines. They've come out and said it multiple times on Instagram and have had reps confirm it on other sites. The only difference in this vs the other model is the tremor 8
View Quote
Not true.  The S-VPS version has locking illumination.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: phlegm] [#15]

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

I stand corrected-
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Idk maybe. Urgi's are still not my favorite.

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I would really like to pick one up, but $4-4.5k is just too spicy for me. I get it, that they can’t sell it for less than the government pays (even though I’m sure the government contract includes extras for support). But, it’s just too much for what it is.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#19]
It's a good gift to the clone community (something that vortex should also do) -- but obviously not practical to drop almost double what a regular 1-8 ATACR costs for different markings and reticle.

This is for the serious cloners. 98% of people would rather spend the extra $2000 on something else.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Nintendo64:
It's a good gift to the clone community (something that vortex should also do) -- but obviously not practical to drop almost double what a regular 1-8 ATACR costs for different markings and reticle.

This is for the serious cloners. 98% of people would rather spend the extra $2000 on something else.
View Quote

'Tism Cloners
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought there would be a couple week lead time but EO already shipped out my s-vps kit yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. Might be a “work from home” day.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#22]
$4900 is too rich for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Call EO you should be able to land one for right at $4k before taxes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 4:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#24]
Originally Posted By Nintendo64:

View Quote

I dont think you'll see the vortex as this is what I'm pretty sure replaced it.

Edit***
The vortex is actually a vast improvement over the current offering reticle wise, unlike this thing
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]
75th setup
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By speezly:
How did I miss those m33?!? Looks great, now I've gotta find one!
View Quote
@speezly They're available again.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
@speezly They're available again.
View Quote

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/eotech-m33-magnifier/
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
75th setup
https://i.imgur.com/WTkXLJ5.jpg
View Quote

I didn't know they still used them! Cool
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
75th setup
https://i.imgur.com/WTkXLJ5.jpg
View Quote

Is that the mount we can't have?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By S-1:

Is that the mount we can't have?
View Quote

Looks like it because of square studs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Do those mounts have a built in torque limiter?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:57:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
Idk maybe. Urgi's are still not my favorite.
https://i.imgur.com/H04RtSS.jpg
View Quote

In terms of aesthetics or performance? Just curious.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#33]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/432480/Screenshot_20231211-223114_Gallery_jpg-3056630.JPG

From @hoody2shoez

View All Quotes

From @hoody2shoez

The top dot is 100m zero for m118lr out of a 16in scar, the middle dot is 14.5 m855a1 at 100m and also 6.5cm out of a 14.5 (neither have been fielded) the center dot is a 25m/300m zero 14.5 m855a1. Wind dots are 5mph. The scope is good but it’s a silly BDC that nobody wanted but 3/4 of guys in sof are not gun guys.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Some doodles-
If they would have just stuck to standard mills and maybe simplied the first 3 while including a grid at the bottom it would have been better

I personally DO like the center over the fc-dmx

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Some doodles-
If they would have just stuck to standard mills and maybe simplied the first 3 while including a grid at the bottom it would have been better

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshot_20231214-155556_Gallery_jpg-3059111.JPG
View Quote

I'd spend my money on an ATACR with that reticle. Send that to NF, it can be the Tremor9
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:01:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#36]

I'd spend my money on an ATACR with that reticle. Send that to NF, it can be the Tremor9
View Quote

Email them! I've been. I'd call this the fc-carbine

If we get enough people in support or something and do the leg work for the company to show its profitable I cant see why we wouldn't be able to make it happen

I've been proposing small changes to the dmx for some time-maybe instead of changing we shoot to add a reticle with a different philosophy
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:05:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#37]
Some doodles-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshot_20231214-155556_Gallery_jpg-3059111.JPG
View Quote

Yup, that’s basically what I was expecting the tremor8 to be like when I didn’t know what it was.

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Background on S-VPS, Tremor8 and Leupold Protest

Here is an interesting article from after the S-VPS down select, when Leupold protested Sig getting more money to make glass etched reticles to support Tremor8.

Someone should look on Fedlog or Haystack or whatever to see Sigs gov pricing. I bet the original cost was pretty good like $1K or so.

I remember reading this when it came out. I assumed the T8 would look a lot like a T3 etc, rather than the very simple reticle we see here.

I guess Nightforce and Sig won, before the T8 was even created, and it was made specifically for these two scopes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Some doodles-

View Quote

More on this

I've used the tremor 8 before it was all over the webz... I've held onto this one for awhile

Eliminate the bdc from the tremor 8 and change to standard mrad spacing.
Keep the same 100y/m zero at the 1 mil hold under dot as the tremor 8
From mils 1-3 a simplified tree mean to put rounds on target at distances carbines excel at.
Mil 1 has 1 wind holds
2 & 3 have two. The wind holds are staggered a bit
Mils 4-10 have a full grid
Mils 1-3 have no half mil marks.
Basically donut of death and Mils 1-3 for fast shooting and for a universal bdc of sorts. 4-10 for slow shooting.

I've already reached out to nf and they seemed interested. If you like it shoot them a message saying you saw this online and really like the idea.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

Here is an interesting article from after the S-VPS down select, when Leupold protested Sig getting more money to make glass etched reticles to support Tremor8.

Someone should look on Fedlog or Haystack or whatever to see Sigs gov pricing. I bet the original cost was pretty good like $1K or so.

I remember reading this when it came out. I assumed the T8 would look a lot like a T3 etc, rather than the very simple reticle we see here.

I guess Nightforce and Sig won, before the T8 was even created, and it was made specifically for these two scopes.
View Quote

Interesting!
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Interesting!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

Interesting!

Also I forgot this had been covered way back on page 179.

Check out this link to Todd Hoddnet's patent application for T8.

You can see all the variants of his reticles including what looks a lot like the final version. Some good info in there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#42]
ordered the 1-8 yesterday. Figured why not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
ordered the 1-8 yesterday. Figured why not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Mine came in today.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BlueShirtGuy:
Mine came in today.

https://i.postimg.cc/D0cT4yFJ/20231215-170559.jpg
View Quote

Entirely too clean. You need to rattle can that bitch ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine came in today.

View Quote

Did it come with zero instructions for the Tremor8 reticle?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 6:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#47]
Originally Posted By aa_bran:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aa_bran:
Mine came in today.

You zero it at 100m on the first hold under dot (1 mrad up). It's calibrated for 62gr projectiles with a bc of .3-.31 at around 2950fps from a 14.5" barrel using a 1.54 optic mount

There's been several pictures posted including one I drew on to give the proper information
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 7:30:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krypto] [#48]
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#49]

You zero it at 100m on the first hold under dot (1 mrad up). It's calibrated for 62gr projectiles with a bc of .3-.31 at around 2950fps from a 14.5" barrel using a 1.54 optic mount

There's been several pictures posted including one I drew on to give the proper information
View Quote

Is this calibrated for M855 or M855A1? Based on velocity and drop, the center dot (utilizing M855 BC) is close to a 25/300 zero. Is that the correct usage for this reticle?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top