12.5" bbl with NXS 1-4 by chance?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:

oh man. That's hot.
12.5" bbl with NXS 1-4 by chance?
View Quote

Thank you. Actually it's an 11.5" barrel (BCM BFH) with a SiCo ASR flash hider on it. And yes, NF NXS 1-4x.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hero:

Thank you. Actually it's an 11.5" barrel (BCM BFH) with a SiCo ASR flash hider on it. And yes, NF NXS 1-4x.
View Quote

so hot. Thanks for the followup.  I've got a 12.5" with AAC MITER flash hider that's sitting on a form 4 right now. Going to throw my NXS 1-4 on it when it comes back.

Your pic gives me hope!
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I built mine out of a surplus Colt M16A1 lower receiver. 

A 12.5" CMMG barrel in .300Blk, a Spike Tactical M16 BCG, a B5 SOPMOD stock with a laying-around YHM handguard and a regular CMMG LPK... My own Recce-Style Carbine

I am very happy of it, she will run any factory .300Blk ammo that I can find here. 

And for those who are wondering, my gunsmith licence in Belgium allow me to build such things ;-)
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]

so hot. Thanks for the followup.  I've got a 12.5" with AAC MITER flash hider that's sitting on a form 4 right now. Going to throw my NXS 1-4 on it when it comes back.

Your pic gives me hope!
View Quote

Sounds like you've got your own good thing in process! Looking forward to seeing it...
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My 14.5" Colt SOCOM build on a factory 6933 receiver set.

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
12.5" Ballistic Advantage / URXII / ZeroFoxtrot "No Fucks" lower / BCM upper receiver / Fostech Echo FCG (to make use of that "No Fucks" 3rd selector position / LT104 / PA 1x-6x ACSS when she's not wearing thermal / AEM2 suppressor 

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 02Overlander:
12.5" Ballistic Advantage / URXII / ZeroFoxtrot "No Fucks" lower / BCM upper receiver / Fostech Echo FCG (to make use of that "No Fucks" 3rd selector position / LT104 / PA 1x-6x ACSS when she's not wearing thermal / AEM2 suppressor 

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HDHNTER/IMG_20170102_212009588-01_zpshbdzyiyu.jpeg
View Quote

When did Zero Foxtrot do a run of lowers!?! I missed out on those damnit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:03:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 02Overlander] [#10]
Originally Posted By Munzy:

When did Zero Foxtrot do a run of lowers!?! I missed out on those damnit.
View Quote

Joint venture between ZF & Sons of Liberty Gunworks. 1st batch, which this lower came out of, was released around a year ago.... two more batches have been released since then with the last being available just a couple of weeks ago but I think they are sold out now. I'm sure they'll do another run just get on their notification list.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
New mount, new light. Still diggin this riser thing. I love this stick.

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Joint venture between ZF & Sons of Liberty Gunworks. 1st batch, which this lower came out of, was released around a year ago.... two more batches have been released since then with the last being available just a couple of weeks ago but I think they are sold out now. I'm sure they'll do another run just get on their notification list.
View Quote

They now have one less lower in stock Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Munzy:

They now have one less lower in stock Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Linky?  I called myself looking for it last night but no find.........
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

Linky?  I called myself looking for it last night but no find.........
View Quote

Showing 80 in stock.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By htomeheb:

View Quote

What in the WORLD did you do to that poor roll mark?!?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By minion42:

What in the WORLD did you do to that poor roll mark?!?
View Quote

made it stand out as Chuck intended?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:10:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TATBME] [#18]

http://i.imgur.com/XfYJUiZ.jpg
View Quote

@htomeheb Which riser are you using?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a YHM cheapo from Amazon just to test the theory for me. Seems to work okay for now. Kind of a pain to get on/off - has to be slid on from the end of the rail. 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#20]
That's a YHM cheapo from Amazon just to test the theory for me. Seems to work okay for now. Kind of a pain to get on/off - has to be slid on from the end of the rail. 
View Quote

do you have plans for a laser or is there another reason for the high mounting that I'm not considering?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]
DSC_7535 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#22]

do you have plans for a laser or is there another reason for the high mounting that I'm not considering?
View Quote

Head mounted NOD's, it makes it easier to get behind the sight if you're not using a laser.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#24]
Originally Posted By wolfy1:
View Quote

That's got to be one of the most perfect setups I've seen. How's it shoot? Specs on the barrel?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I don't currently have nvg or any lasers, but thats the primary reason people do it. 

Personally, when I heard people talking about it being quicker to find the eyebox (especially on a low power variable scope) - I figured I'd give it a spin just to see what's up. I'm kinda digging it for that purpose. Allows me to shoot with my head more upright, keeping my eyes straight ahead and nicely behind the scope. I'll play with it for a while. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#26]

That's got to be one of the most perfect setups I've seen. How's it shoot? Specs on the barrel?
View Quote

12.5 BCM upper with kmr 10
DD lower
Steiner p4xi in a larue mount
Insight light and pressure switch

It shoots great! Ive had a 10.5 to a 16" upper, and this is the best length I've had. I have an Omega can in jail for it  and shot a hybrid on it and it just balances out so well. It's a great do all rifle. The Steiner is real nice. I am still curious on the durability (seems well built). Can't beat a us made daylight bright lpv for $500.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#27]

DD lower

It shoots great! Ive had a 10.5 to a 16" upper, and this is the best length I've had. I have an Omega can in jail for it  and shot a hybrid on it and it just balances out so well. It's a great do all rifle. The Steiner is real nice. I am still curious on the durability (seems well built). Can't beat a us made daylight bright lpv for $500.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

DD lower

Yeah if I was gonna do NFA this is the kind of setup I'd build. I got a Nightforce 1-4x on mine but that Steiner makes me wonder about my choice. Nice looking setup too! The partial paint is pretty cool.

Do you have a total unloaded weight?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Yeah if I was gonna do NFA this is the kind of setup I'd build. I got a Nightforce 1-4x on mine but that Steiner makes me wonder about my choice. Nice looking setup too! The partial paint is pretty cool.

Do you have a total unloaded weight?
View Quote

Yeah that dot on 1x is killer. Sometimes i think I'd rather have a NF or TA(31 or 33) just for piece of mind regarding reliability/durability. But I've had it for a couple months and think it's a good choice. Especially for a setup like this.

And no I do not have a weight unloaded. All I can say is it's the lightest rifle I've owned. I've only used DD or LaRue quad rails, this is my first slim type rail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:56:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#29]

Yeah that dot on 1x is killer. Sometimes i think I'd rather have a NF or TA(31 or 33) just for piece of mind regarding reliability/durability. But I've had it for a couple months and think it's a good choice. Especially for a setup like this.

And no I do not have a weight unloaded. All I can say is it's the lightest rifle I've owned. I've only used DD or LaRue quad rails, this is my first slim type rail.
View Quote

Yeah it's mainly that dot that has me wondering. We'll see. I use my rifles so little I should probably quit worrying about gear and burn some ammo.

Sounds like my experience. I was always a quad/partial-quad guy and I put a URX3.1 on my current rifle. But then I got a beater PSA deal with a Midwest MLOK rail for another lower, and boy...can't argue with that weight and form factor. Yours looks like it would balance well. Maybe less so with the can, but still better than a quad.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

P4Xi?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Ive had a 10.5 to a 16" upper, and this is the best length I've had.
View Quote

Another one locked in the 12.5 fan club There are quite a few of us, now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Another one locked in the 12.5 fan club There are quite a few of us, now.
View Quote

I was going to originally do a 12.5, but once I realized I could do a 13.7 and not have to file SBR paperwork, it became the way ahead.  

Still on the fence about selling off my 10.5" barrel and mk18 RIS and funding an 11.5 BFH-based build instead for my 5.56 SBR.  i know i'll start having ragrets after i do though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

I was going to originally do a 12.5, but once I realized I could do a 13.7 and not have to file SBR paperwork, it became the way ahead.  

Still on the fence about selling off my 10.5" barrel and mk18 RIS and funding an 11.5 BFH-based build instead for my 5.56 SBR.  i know i'll start having ragrets after i do though.
View Quote

Don't sell the 10.5". Or if you do and get a BCM have it cut to 10.3" like I did. My SBR was originally a 11.5" but after having ADCO cut it to 10.3" I don't miss the extra inch of barrel. My rifle feels way more handy now and with my suppressor it is still a good bit shorter than a 16" carbine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By camoman33935:

Don't sell the 10.5". Or if you do and get a BCM have it cut to 10.3" like I did. My SBR was originally a 11.5" but after having ADCO cut it to 10.3" I don't miss the extra inch of barrel. My rifle feels way more handy now and with my suppressor it is still a good bit shorter than a 16" carbine.
View Quote

If i do actually get an Adco 10.3", i'd probably just get a colt m4 barrel from the outset.....cheaper than BCM lolol
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By huntsimp87:

P4Xi?
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:31:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#36]
This is my not so mini Mini Recce that I built.
14.5" Voodoo Innovations with pinned Manimal flash hider
BCM blem Upper
AIM Surplus NiB V2 BCG
Raptor Charging handle
12" Aero Precision M-Lok handguard
Anderson lower
Stag LPK
Larue MBT
Spikes buffer assembly
Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 ( stole off my SPR build for this pic)
Aero SPR mount
Surefire G2 Tactical
Elzetta mount

I'm actually trying to decide on a 1-6 or a red dot for it, now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I love that gun!  Details please.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:29:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ViktorVaughn] [#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#41]
12.5" / AEM2 / URXII / Fostech Echo FCG

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HDHNTER/IMG_20161227_152011441-01_zpsfpwndq4l.jpeg
View Quote

Damn. Forgot about this one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:33:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheManimal] [#42]
Applied May 2016
Approved Jan 2017 FINALLY.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Mo Better pics to come.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cleaner] [#43]
Attachment Attached File

BCM upper receiver and carrier
AGP arms lower
Noveske barrel
Noveske pig
DD rail
93b stock
H2 buffer
Zeiss conquest glass
Troy sights
ALG trigger
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Damn. Forgot about this one.
View Quote

Congrats!  Wait times are up there again?  I haven't even logged into eForms in over a year :(
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Congrats!  Wait times are up there again?  I haven't even logged into eForms in over a year :(
View Quote

Thanks! I'm assuming you meant to copy me...Yea, in 2015 my suppressor stamp came back after 2 months. I had high hopes for the form 1 after that. ATF decided to make up for lost time I guess.
It hasn't stopped me thinking about getting a dedicated can for the mini (specwar k or m4-2000) because less people are buying suppressors in anticipation of the safe hearing act.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:01:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dlow] [#47]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Broke out the 7D and took advantage of the nice sunlight this morning. As promised, some higher quality photos of the RAL recce:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#49]
What are you gents finding to be the ideal barrel length for a mini-recce? I'm planning to build one around a chopped FF RAS, NT4 Corncob, and hopefully a 2.5-10x24mm NF NXS with a piggyback RMR.

Talk to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 208
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top