Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1194
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
My Douglas mod H with handloads goes sub moa out to 700 yards.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 10:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
My Douglas mod H with handloads goes sub moa out to 700 yards.
View Quote
This man can shoot.  

I seen it

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Here is my PRI Mod 0 upper with Douglas barrel out to 600yds.  Practical accuracy is pretty good. Just using aac 77gr SMK ammo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifheT-DKxzI
View Quote

Nice shooting!

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#4]
My case and kac sights arrived. I am waiting on the proper cleaning kit that is lost in the mail, so I put in an otis tactical cleaning kit. I have an aem 5 that arrived at my local dealer. Hopefully they hurry up with my form 4.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
My case and kac sights arrived. I am waiting on the proper cleaning kit that is lost in the mail, so I put in an otis tactical cleaning kit. I have an aem 5 that arrived at my local dealer. Hopefully they hurry up with my form 4.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/380981/1000009428_jpg-3281691.JPG
View Quote

Nice set up!
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I got some info from Tarheel, but I should ask here in group therapy:  
Re:  SPR Deployment Case Documentation-  what's the difference between the USASOC and the SEAL/USMC deployment case documents and log books?     The vender has only the Navy/USMC document package left for sale right now.    I am aiming my case towards 5SFG,  my 1995 M1025A2 Ground Mobility Vehicle 2A11C came from 5SFG.  

My Pelican case has SEAL Team 2 stickers on it, though, I can't bring myself to remove them with Goof Off.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Here is my PRI Mod 0 upper with Douglas barrel out to 600yds.  Practical accuracy is pretty good. Just using aac 77gr SMK ammo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifheT-DKxzI
View Quote

Damn nice!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
For those looking for TRRs, Mounts Plus just filled my backorder. Don'tknow if they've got extra for stock or not but it's worth checking.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have a source for the KAC rail mount sling studs for the Mod0? Or a suitable analog? I see operation parts carries them but out of stock at the moment. One dude on ebay wants $180 for one and that isn't happening.

Need this sling mount point and a 6-9" Harris S-BRM to replace my stupid tall 9-13" Harris 1A2 and my Mod0 will be done. AEM5 is in jail and I can't wait.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Does anyone have a source for the KAC rail mount sling studs for the Mod0? Or a suitable analog? I see operation parts carries them but out of stock at the moment. One dude on ebay wants $180 for one and that isn't happening.

Need this sling mount point and a 6-9" Harris S-BRM to replace my stupid tall 9-13" Harris 1A2 and my Mod0 will be done. AEM5 is in jail and I can't wait.
View Quote

Are we talking this one?
https://www.knightarmco.com/12733/shop/accessories/mil-std-1913/sling-stud-assembly

Or this?

https://www.knightarmco.com/12743/shop/accessories/mil-std-1913/mws-qd-sling-stud-k

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#11]

The mws stud fits in the qd.im betting if you can't find a kac one, the dd would work for the qd. Kac would be better option of course.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#12]
I was talking this one:

https://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ras-forend-rail-sling-mount-adapter-hd-uncle-mikes/

But I do have a KAC QD sling mount. You say that MWS stud fits into the QD mount instead of a QD loop?

ETA: I bought the TAS-1 repro sling mount points from Stoner63a and wanting to use the uncle Mike's sling loop up front
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I was talking this one:

https://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ras-forend-rail-sling-mount-adapter-hd-uncle-mikes/

But I do have a KAC QD sling mount. You say that MWS stud fits into the QD mount instead of a QD loop?

ETA: I bought the TAS-1 repro sling mount points from Stoner63a and wanting to use the uncle Mike's sling loop up front
View Quote

This item
Attachment Attached File

Fits inside this
Attachment Attached File

To make this
Attachment Attached File

Then add an uncle mikes sling adaptor to get
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Huh that's awesome! But ..looks like that's about as unobtainable as the mount itself
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Huh that's awesome! But ..looks like that's about as unobtainable as the mount itself
View Quote

An option is to buy the AIM MT029 copy and use the stud from it with the rest of your KAC mount assembly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
For those looking for TRRs, Mounts Plus just filled my backorder. Don'tknow if they've got extra for stock or not but it's worth checking.
View Quote

When did you place your order? I placed mine at the end of February and posted here since they showed 8 in stock online, but got the famous email a week later that they were backordered.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#17]
Originally Posted By Currahee-Cav:

An option is to buy the AIM MT029 copy and use the stud from it with the rest of your KAC mount assembly.
View Quote

Ah man, you are a legend! Thank you! Just ordered one for like $20.

Swapped the A2 grip for A1, have an A1 non-trap door stock coming Saturday, and my AEM5 form 4 was submitted today. Going to repaint it when the furniture is all on and add more green. Almost done!
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]

When did you place your order? I placed mine at the end of February and posted here since they showed 8 in stock online, but got the famous email a week later that they were backordered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Looks like I ordered it Feb 1st.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Ah man, you are a legend! Thank you! Just ordered one for like $20.

https://i.ibb.co/cFCfmm7/20240801-214316.jpg

Swapped the A2 grip for A1, have an A1 non-trap door stock coming Saturday, and my AEM5 form 4 was submitted today. Going to repaint it when the furniture is all on and add more green. Almost done!
View Quote

I signed my form 4 for my aem 5 yesterday. Not submitted yet. Hopefully theybget it submitted tomorrow. If  not will be next week. I want it submitted at least 5 days before I have to go out of state on the week of the 17th as it usually only takes 5 days for approval of mine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#20]

I signed my form 4 for my aem 5 yesterday. Not submitted yet. Hopefully theybget it submitted tomorrow. If  not will be next week. I want it submitted at least 5 days before I have to go out of state on the week of the 17th as it usually only takes 5 days for approval of mine.
View Quote

I was really hoping they would get it submitted at the beginning of the week, as my brother just got a 5 day approval and I have a big shoot day Saturday with my brothers at my backyard range, but oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a 1 day approval to make up for my 14 month wait on my RC2
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#21]

I was really hoping they would get it submitted at the beginning of the week, as my brother just got a 5 day approval and I have a big shoot day Saturday with my brothers at my backyard range, but oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a 1 day approval to make up for my 14 month wait on my RC2
View All Quotes

From what I have seen if you are someone who NICS check comes back instantly and you do an individual form 4 you should get an approval in a week or less. If you are someone that your NICS check goes to researching for 1-30 minutes you will be looking at 5 months. Same for ANY trust. I have not seen an trusts come back fast.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got in my pri mk12 mod 0 upper. I’m not sure if this has been covered but is there concern or issue that it came with a nitride bcg? For $1700 I guess I assumed it would have a milspec chrome and phosphate bcg
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:47:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#23]

View Quote
I can send u one from a KAC bipod mounts if it works. I have a few from doing gangsta grips a few years back. I def have one , just saw it in the bin.

Lemme know.

Pic thread

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Where were you able to find/ source the documents?  Been looking and all places are out of stock...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bones2586:
Where were you able to find/ source the documents?  Been looking and all places are out of stock...

Thanks!
View Quote

I got mine from onyxarms on the 19th, but they appear to be out of stock now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Thanks!

Thanks much, I did see yesterday they were OOS.  Will keep on the hunt!  Cheers -
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Thanks!
View Quote
How long did yours take to ship, I ordered about a week ago and haven’t heard anything. But the top of their main menu says everything ships in 2 days.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#28]
The Mk12 Mod0 is probably one of the most fun ARs to shoot, and an absolute laser beam even with non-match ammo. I love this gun so much.

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By M4AZ:
How long did yours take to ship, I ordered about a week ago and haven’t heard anything. But the top of their main menu says everything ships in 2 days.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4AZ:

Thanks!

Have checked a few other suggested sites, no joy.  All showing OOS!

Thanks for the tips gentlemen!!  Cheers -
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Years ago I built both my Mod 1 and Mod H using BA barrels. I didn’t put much thought into the turns on my AEM5.  Each rifle shoots great with the AEM5.

I just tested both rifles and a recce and all three get about 6 to 6.5 turns. Problem? Big, small? I always planned on getting Douglas barrels as replacements down the road.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
Years ago I built both my Mod 1 and Mod H using BA barrels. I didn’t put much thought into the turns on my AEM5.  Each rifle shoots great with the AEM5.

I just tested both rifles and a recce and all three get about 6 to 6.5 turns. Problem? Big, small? I always planned on getting Douglas barrels as replacements down the road.
View Quote

If you’re getting 6 or more turns you’re doing better than most of the issued barrels that were used.  Send it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
I can send u one from a KAC bipod mounts if it works. I have a few from doing gangsta grips a few years back. I def have one , just saw it in the bin.

Lemme know.

Pic thread

https://i.postimg.cc/hvSYK5dP/Messenger-creation-1218a3c8-d444-4386-a5e1-ff979c008679.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/4dJpmb23/IMG-20240802-203427454-2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRVp3BXx/IMG-20240802-203535977-2.jpg

View Quote

@haveblue83

PM sent reference a stud
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#33]
So far I only found one in the parts bin.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Anybody looking for a Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36 MR/T M1 Illum. Mildot? shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cebiNg:
Anybody looking for a Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36 MR/T M1 Illum. Mildot? shoot me a message.
View Quote
If that was an m2 or m3 I'd be all over that. Darn it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

M1 is the new hotness.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Shoot me a message about the sling swivel stud.
-JD
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:39:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#38]
I know  it's not clone correct, but has anyone had a chance to use the psa mk12 mod 0? How would you compare it to the pri built mod 0?  My mod 1 was over 6k for me to build it, and I'm not sure I have that in me again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm thinking you might be able to build one cheaper than even PSA considering their parts list.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:37:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#40]
I'm thinking you might be able to build one cheaper than even PSA considering their parts list.
View Quote

Douglas barrel alone is 459 with mil discount. Gen 3 rail is 259. Gas block is 180, Gen iii forearm is 317. So just these few parts are around 1200.

Pri gun with mil discount is around 2k with mil discount  the pri upper is 1600.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep, the PSA version is cheaper than the PRI one. I was just getting at if a guy were to stay true to the spirit of PSA's parts list you could build even cheaper than PSA.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep, the PSA version is cheaper than the PRI one. I was just getting at if a guy were to stay true to the spirit of PSA's parts list you could build even cheaper than PSA.
View Quote

You still need the forearm, rail, gasblock and a barrel that works at 18, with the collar cut as well as the collar and the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I know  it's not clone correct, but has anyone had a chance to use the psa mk12 mod 0? How would you compare it to the pri built mod 0?  My mod 1 was over 6k for me to build it, and I'm not sure I have that in me again.
View Quote

Not sure how long you've been cloning, but save your money.

I went the incorrect route early on, and you just waste a lot of money. Especially if you already have a worthy clone, you'll look at your poverty one with disdain.

Just slowly start buying the parts and let it come together over a couple years, if need be or do some horse-trading.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

I went the incorrect route early on, and you just waste a lot of money. Especially if you already have a worthy clone, you'll look at your poverty one with disdain.

Just slowly start buying the parts and let it come together over a couple years, if need be or do some horse-trading.
View All Quotes

I second this and had the same experience. Half the drive was to “get it done”, but once it was I started looking at it as another hodgepodge of parts.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:23:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#45]

View Quote

Only rifles I have I have cloned were rifles I have used while serving.. block 1, block ii and mk12 mod 1.

I'd really like to clone the m24 and the mk12 mod 0 eventually.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#47]
Originally Posted By pinball-1:
I've sent a few messages out to ModernArmResources and have gotten zero response. Hoping they are still planning on making more and are just busy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pinball-1:
I've sent a few messages out to ModernArmResources and have gotten zero response. Hoping they are still planning on making more and are just busy.

I have indeed been exceptionally busy, sincere apologies for not responding quicker. The last 12 months have included 2 moves, one cross country, a new house, wedding, honeymoon, promotion at work, etc. All good but extremely time consuming things. I will be doing another run of bore guides, documentation, foam and hopefully cleaning rods. I have some documents already made and waiting, but I don't have any firm production times for the rest. It's really whenever things start to slow down for me. I'm definitely over the hump, just not there yet completely. Again, I apologize for not being more transparent about the process or where things are at. I know there's a decent amount of built up demand out there and I really enjoy making these things, so it will happen. Anyone feel free to @ me in the discussion any time and I'll do my best to give an update.

Originally Posted By ARegularGuy2424:
I have a Pelican 1700 and looking to built out a deployment kit. Where do I get the foam insert? I saw a YouTube video where a guy got his from onyxarms.com but they have been out of stock for 6-7 months. What about cobra foam inserts? They seem not as correct and the color and material seems off.

To clear up any confusion, yep, I supplied Onyx with the case foam he was selling.

Originally Posted By stoner63a:
I got some info from Tarheel, but I should ask here in group therapy:  
Re:  SPR Deployment Case Documentation-  what's the difference between the USASOC and the SEAL/USMC deployment case documents and log books?     The vender has only the Navy/USMC document package left for sale right now.    I am aiming my case towards 5SFG,  my 1995 M1025A2 Ground Mobility Vehicle 2A11C came from 5SFG.  

My Pelican case has SEAL Team 2 stickers on it, though, I can't bring myself to remove them with Goof Off.

Regarding documentation, it's kind of a fuzzy area the best I can tell, so I can only speak in generalities with a healthy spoonful of speculation. Most Mk12's were probably initially delivered with a Navy style yellow round count log book whether they went to USASOC or the SEALs. Mk12's in USMC service probably went out with the USMC log books of which there are a few different variations, and it's always possible that the Navy books were sent out with rifles as well. I'm doubtful that it was something that got a whole lot of attention and I'd bet that it was extremely inconsistent. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

I have indeed been exceptionally busy, sincere apologies for not responding quicker. The last 12 months have included 2 moves, one cross country, a new house, wedding, honeymoon, promotion at work, etc. All good but extremely time consuming things. I will be doing another run of bore guides, documentation, foam and hopefully cleaning rods. I have some documents already made and waiting, but I don't have any firm production times for the rest. It's really whenever things start to slow down for me. I'm definitely over the hump, just not there yet completely. Again, I apologize for not being more transparent about the process or where things are at. I know there's a decent amount of built up demand out there and I really enjoy making these things, so it will happen. Anyone feel free to @ me in the discussion any time and I'll do my best to give an update.

View Quote
Congratulations on all of that! Definitely gonna snag some parts when they come in. Have you looked into the possibility of making reproduction Ballisticards? I got one of the last original ones for a late Mk 12, but kinda wish I'd snagged the early Mod 0 and Mod 1 versions as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

To clear up any confusion, yep, I supplied Onyx with the case foam he was selling.

Regarding documentation, it's kind of a fuzzy area the best I can tell, so I can only speak in generalities with a healthy spoonful of generalization and speculation. Most Mk12's were probably initially delivered with a Navy style yellow round count log book whether they went to USASOC or the SEALs. Mk12's in USMC service probably went out with the USMC log books of which there are a few different variations, and it's always possible that the Navy books were sent out with rifles as well. I'm doubtful that it was something that got a whole lot of attention and I'd bet that it was extremely inconsistent. Just my 2 cents.
View Quote

I am quite interested in a bore guide and maybe more paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:20:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cebiNg] [#50]
View Quote

Throwing in a NIB KAC RAS Long as a package deal with the scope.
Page / 1194
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top