Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1194
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:

The collar is correct, but your front sight is not.  The collar is likely stopping on the sight and not the shoulder/step on the barrel.  Add a crush washer and you should be good or switch to a short collar.
View Quote

You are right, the collar is sitting up against the FSB. The gun cycles fine and there's no gas bleed around the FSB that I can see, is it just the  way the steps on the barrel are cut?

Also, you're saying crush washer in addition to the shims I currently have?
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]

The real pri FSBs were shorter, and didn't contact the collar.   Time the brake with a crush washer.  Add a couple shims to extend with minimal extra torque.
View Quote

Okay awesome. Just did this and now I'm getting a solid 6.5 turns on the Mk12. Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]

That Mod 1 is sexy. Been half tempted to rebarrel the NSWDG into a Mod 1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]

How was the color on the top hand guard obtained? I'm digging it
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pretty sure it's Aervoe Earth Yellow.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Finally got my AEM5!! Can't wait to shoot it on my Mk12 and Gordon clone later today. I got about 4 full turns, does that sound okay? I get almost 9 full turns on my Gordon clone with OCM birdcage.

Also picked up a repro KAC sling stud from @HotLead for my KAC QD mount that looks perfect!

https://i.ibb.co/gDw61G1/20240817-121327.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ByvL1DL/20240817-122139.jpg
View Quote

Nice setup!
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes

Yessir it is
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Yessir it is
View All Quotes

Yessir it is

Dang and of course it’s no longer sold
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 3:23:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#12]

View All Quotes

Yessir it is

Best get at it because Aervoe may be dead but Fed Stnd will never die and this is good damn paint...........................

FED-STD-30257 EARTH YELLOW
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a case of aervoe.

Don't low-ball me, I know what I got
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice guys appreciate it!
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a case of aervoe.

View Quote

I bought up a bunch when the word came that it was going away.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HotLead:

Nice setup!
View Quote

Thanks! It shot real good with the AEM5! Just needs a new coat of paint now (with more green)

Link Posted: 8/18/2024 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Those of you running the NF 3-15 on your mod 1, how are you liking it?

Pics for pic thread...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 7:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#18]

The collar is correct, but your front sight is not.  The collar is likely stopping on the sight and not the shoulder/step on the barrel.  Add a crush washer and you should be good or switch to a short collar.

ETA - 4-5 turns is what most of the real MK12s got.  It's all mine gets and is one of the real ones.
View Quote
Mine gets about 3.75 full turns (1 turn is 360*)

But I have shot about 300 - 500 rounds so far with no issues at all. And it's super tight & quite
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Mine gets about 3.75 full turns (1 turn is 360*)

But I have shot about 300 - 500 rounds so far with no issues at all. And it's super tight & quite
View Quote

Yup.  My Mod0 with Douglas barrel is getting 3.5 turns.  My Mod1 with a Crane return barrel also gets 3.5 turns.  No issues.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a clone but toob

Link Posted: 8/18/2024 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#21]
whats the story on these scopes? ive been on the waiting list for leupold ts30 mk4 scope with whichever companies for almost 2 years seems like. midway for instance never got them back in stock. are there any distributors that had them in stock since then i wonder. whos waiting list should i jump on board with to snag a leupold correct optic?

also what all models of nightforce should i be hunting for exactly?  there are multiple nf optics i see guys using but i dont know all the model numbers that i should actually be looking for thats realistic.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet rifle, but:

Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
Not a clone but toob

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG_6425-3297250.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Sweet rifle, but:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/IMG_5746-3298360.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Sweet rifle, but:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/IMG_5746-3298360.gif

Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
Not a clone but toob

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG_6425-3297250.jpg

Nice Rifle but.....not a MK12 mod anything
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Took my mk 12 out for the first time today.. This thing is a laser beam. When I go back to tn I'll take it out much further.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#25]

At's a helluva get'up right there!  Nice range...........................

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
DSA has MK12 RAS rails in stock
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#27]
This Sniper Rifle Has The Highest Body Count

Neat video with a lot of goodness in it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CFII:
View Quote

Thanks. Ordered one eventhough I don't need it. Hopefully I can put it aside for someone that needs it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:17:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THEdtw] [#29]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Thanks. Ordered one eventhough I don't need it. Hopefully I can put it aside for someone that needs it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFII:

Same.  Not positive I'll build it, but I've always said this is the only rifle that "got away."  And no, I did not paint the purple rail.

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By THEdtw:

Same.  Not positive I'll build it, but I've always said this is the only rifle that "got away."  And no, I did not paint the purple rail.

https://i.imgur.com/4SiFxFy.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/SUXg7Gn.jpeg
View Quote

I love the performance of my mk12 mod 1 I took to the range today. Getting headshots @300 yards is nice on a 5.56. We gave a silhouette a smiley face @100. This rifle made everything too easy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice to see them readily available like that and at normal price!!  Glad my ass is past needing/wanting another and hope they keep spitting them out so as to fuck those cucks on GB that have been raking people over the coals for so long..........................
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
Nice to see them readily available like that and at normal price!!  Glad my ass is past needing/wanting another and hope they keep spitting them out so as to fuck those cucks on GB that have been raking people over the coals for so long..........................
View Quote

Hopefully Noone buys them and rouges on them reselling them. Would rather them go to someone for retail that is going to appreciate a mk12 mod 1 that a person like that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Hopefully Noone buys them and rouges on them reselling them. Would rather them go to someone for retail that is going to appreciate a mk12 mod 1 that a person like that.
View Quote

Sadly, we will always see that because people will pay whatever for items when they can't get them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:58:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#34]
Is everyone building a mk12 mod 1 these days? I'm seeing a lot of sold out rails but not seeing a lot of rifles being built.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cmdexe:
Is everyone building a mk12 mod 1 these days? I'm seeing a lot of sold out rails but not seeing a lot of rifles being built.
View Quote

I've seen a few posts on Reddit and not on here, so assuming there's some also some that don't post online.

And the obvious scalpers and resellers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 3:18:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cmdexe:
View Quote

I am sitting on mine as I research what barrel I want to use since CLE is out of the game and I want to try their CLE chamber. I found a small shop in Mass that makes a phenomenal 16" barrel, not clone correct or anything, and asked it they could do an 18" but they said no so I am back to step one. I might grab one of their 16" barrels for a Holland at some point down the road though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hangman203:

I am sitting on mine as I research what barrel I want to use since CLE is out of the game and I want to try their CLE chamber. I found a small shop in Mass that makes a phenomenal 16" barrel, not clone correct or anything, and asked it they could do an 18" but they said no so I am back to step one. I might grab one of their 16" barrels for a Holland at some point down the road though.
View Quote

@Hangman203

Have you contacted Paul Ross? He worked at CLE and was referred to me by CLE recently.

IM if you want his info.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#38]
more rails back in stock at Dsarms - cold link - https://www.dsarms.com/p-17565-knights-armament-co-free-float-rifle-ras-mk12-mod-1-three-11-rib-panels.aspx
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
more rails back in stock at Dsarms - cold link - https://www.dsarms.com/p-17565-knights-armament-co-free-float-rifle-ras-mk12-mod-1-three-11-rib-panels.aspx
View Quote

OOS
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
ARMS #22 TRR in stock. http://armsmounts.com/shop/scope-rings/a-r-m-s-22-trr-tactical-ring-rail/
View Quote

Very surprised these have been in stock for a week now!  Guess everybody is awaiting the TRC now..................
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Very surprised these have been in stock for a week now!  Guess everybody is awaiting the TRC now..................
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
ARMS #22 TRR in stock. http://armsmounts.com/shop/scope-rings/a-r-m-s-22-trr-tactical-ring-rail/

Yep. I backordered one at mounting solutions plus. Hopefully sometime this year.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, $20 shipping on a $38 1-ounce part...I'll wait until I can buy both at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Thank you for the heads up, I was able to secure one before they were sold out.  Most times my phone is on vibrate so I am slow to get the back-in-stock notifications.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
A.R.M.S. has exactly zero online presence, the stuff on their website will be in stock for a while. Great for people who are trying to save up for stuff and don't want to have to buy parts the exact moment it comes in stock before it sells out, sucks for them trying to make sales. A bunch of us in the A.R.M.S. collector Facebook group regularly check the website and post in-stock notifications on social media to help out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By thatARMSguy:
A.R.M.S. has exactly zero online presence, the stuff on their website will be in stock for a while. Great for people who are trying to save up for stuff and don't want to have to buy parts the exact moment it comes in stock before it sells out, sucks for them trying to make sales. A bunch of us in the A.R.M.S. collector Facebook group regularly check the website and post in-stock notifications on social media to help out.
View Quote

Ever look up their address on google maps? Pretty cool that the US govt used such a small supplier but kind of annoying when you want clone parts nowadays.

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
I have a case of aervoe.

Bro I have an unopened case of it

Don't low ball me
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Ever look up their address on google maps? Pretty cool that the US govt used such a small supplier but kind of annoying when you want clone parts nowadays.

https://i.imgur.com/bPbY674.png
View Quote
Yeah, they've always been a tiny family owned shop. They only do machining and final assembly of their products in there, stuff like casting steel parts and anodizing/phosphating is outsourced to a local company they've worked with since the mid 80s. It's genuinely impressive how much stuff they've made over the years, they've had contracts for tens of thousands of mounts and scope rings for just the US military alone, most of which were produced and delivered from 1995-2010, and that's not including the thousands of rails they made for Blackwater and the Singapore and Malaysian militaries in the mid 2000s.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#49]
I've lost my inner spray way!!!!!!!!!!!!  What am I missing going back darker here and there or maybe a lil sand n blend??  I waited so long and now I got so much shit happening in personal life I just wanted it back together so I can shoot the bitch so I quick hit it and I'm very much not happy with it................

ETA:  I have some of those TRR's anybody wanna trade an extra TRC for a TRR???  We can all save shipping
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I've lost my inner spray way!!!!!!!!!!!!  What am I missing going back darker here and there or maybe a lil sand n blend??  I waited so long and now I got so much shit happening in personal life I just wanted it back together so I can shoot the bitch so I quick hit it and I'm very much not happy with it................

ETA:  I have some of those TRR's anybody wanna trade an extra TRC for a TRR???  We can all save shipping
View Quote

I should have bought some extra TRR's to trade for a TRC.
Page / 1194
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top