Page / 1194
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Man, I wish I would've known that I would've came and brought my mk12
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:20:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#2]
After constantly looking at the mk12 mod 0 I couldn't resist and ordered my first parts.. Picked up a fde stock from pri, h@r a1 stripped lower and a1 parts kit, ssa-e, and ergo grip in fde from psa. I'll get the stripped lower cerakoted to match thenstock or I'll wait till I get a pri upper and get it to match that.

Will the arms 22 high rings clear a 50mm objective on a mod 0?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone was looking for a Ron Allen AEM5, I got an email notification via esliencers:

Allen Engineering AEM5 5.56 Sparks, NV in STOCK!

Want a shot at a Ron Allen Made AEM5 5.56 Suppressor?

Here is probably your last chance!

We just got a small batch of 10 Sparks, NV AEM5 5.56 Suppressors in, and according to Ron is one if not his last batch of AEM5's that he will be making.

As you probably know, Ron has outsourced his production of AE Suppressors to Alex in Utah. And from here on out, most if not all AE Suppressors will be manufactured in Utah. In which Ron will not be a part of the manufacturing process.

https://esilencers.com/product/allen-engineering-aem5-knurled-556/

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

Or you could buy them from me for $850.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm starting to look for my second aem-5 or an ocm-5 in fde. My first aem 5 is black and matches my mid 1 perfectly. Mt mod 0 will be fde.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By proma_io:
If anyone was looking for a Ron Allen AEM5, I got an email notification via esliencers:

Allen Engineering AEM5 5.56 Sparks, NV in STOCK!

Want a shot at a Ron Allen Made AEM5 5.56 Suppressor?

Here is probably your last chance!

We just got a small batch of 10 Sparks, NV AEM5 5.56 Suppressors in, and according to Ron is one if not his last batch of AEM5's that he will be making.

As you probably know, Ron has outsourced his production of AE Suppressors to Alex in Utah. And from here on out, most if not all AE Suppressors will be manufactured in Utah. In which Ron will not be a part of the manufacturing process.

https://esilencers.com/product/allen-engineering-aem5-knurled-556/

hmmm. may need to place an order soon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: proma_io] [#8]
Great price at $850. I had a $200+ credit, so I used it towards the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Oh hmmm maybe i should call adco and say hello
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Decided to trade my benelli m4 11715 le for a aem 5 in fde and the mk12 mod 0 upper in fde. My local shop is ordering the stuff today. My stripped h&r m16a1 came in today and I'm planning on getting cerakoted to match the stock and upper.

So here is a question for you guys. Should I cerakote the small parts or leave them black or grey. Parts like the selector, takedown pins, bolt release and trigger guard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#11]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
Decided to trade my benelli m4 11715 le for a aem 5 in fde and the mk12 mod 0 upper in fde. My local shop is ordering the stuff today. My stripped h&r m16a1 came in today and I'm planning on getting cerakoted to match the stock and upper.

So here is a question for you guys. Should I cerakote the small parts or leave them black or grey. Parts like the selector, takedown pins, bolt release and trigger guard.
View Quote

I wouldn't cerkote any of it. Upper or lower.  Cerakoting that H&R lower makes me cringe a little.  That's what Krylon is for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

I wouldn't cerkote any of it. Upper or lower.  Cerakoting that H&R lower makes me cringe a little.  That's what Krylon is for.
View Quote

If I would have ordered a full rifle from pri it would have been cerakoted. I don't like the big pri logo on them so I got the stripped lower and the fde stock. I also have a fde ergo grip.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:52:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#13]

View Quote

Rattle can! Cerakote ain't clone!
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]

If I would have ordered a full rifle from pri it would have been cerakoted. I don't like the big pri logo on them so I got the stripped lower and the fde stock. I also have a fde ergo grip.
View All Quotes

And I'd still tell you to rattle can it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Cerakote the lower but leave the parts black. Contrast looks better IMO.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Cerakote the lower but leave the parts black. Contrast looks better IMO.
View Quote

That's what I am leaning towards.. Hopefully lower parts will be here by Monday. He offered to cerakote the lower parts black at no charge if I wanted it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:06:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#17]

View All Quotes

What he said. Let it be. Then spray it.

ETA: teach the next generation

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_4942_jpeg-3321537.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Is that rifle hers or yours?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By thatARMSguy:
View All Quotes

They’re mine now. Hers eventually.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#21]
#paintingwithDad

I wish i had kids so i could do things like this with them
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Didn’t get any good pics, but I ran the Mod H in a 2 man 2 gun match yesterday.

My FF2 RDS somehow lost zero, causing me to rack up 100+ seconds of penalties on two stages where I missed feet low on paper targets 10-25yds away, but we came back and took the top slot in the long range stage my a very wide margin, leading to a 10th place finish out of 49 teams.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Didn’t get any good pics, but I ran the Mod H in a 2 man 2 gun match yesterday.

My FF2 RDS somehow lost zero, causing me to rack up 100+ seconds of penalties on two stages where I missed feet low on paper targets 10-25yds away, but we came back and took the top slot in the long range stage my a very wide margin, leading to a 10th place finish out of 49 teams.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_6346_png-3323001.JPG
View Quote

Man I'm Jelly!!!  Work got me so fucked up this past year and half I've just blown my wad on parts and late night creating not a damn shot fired in that time!!  I'm gonna get my shit together and get out and start fun'n and Gun'n again!!  Love to see you and that Mod 0 and H out there ripping it up man good shit!
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#24]
What do you peps think of the LaRue lt130 vs thr A.R.M.S 32?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#25]
What do you peps think of the LaRue lt130 vs thr A.R.M.S 32?
View Quote
I'm gonna be biased obviously, but the Larue mount isn't a bad alternative. Their QD levers are pretty reliable, and it has the advantage of using a standard sling stud type mounting system, whereas the #32 requires you to remove the sling stud from the bipod but gives you a much stronger lockup between the bipod and the mount. The #32 can be somewhat hard to find, the last drop of them was a few months ago and it'll probably be next year before they do another run so the Larue can be a good alternative as a temporary mount
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm gonna be biased obviously, but the Larue mount isn't a bad alternative. Their QD levers are pretty reliable, and it has the advantage of using a standard sling stud type mounting system, whereas the #32 requires you to remove the sling stud from the bipod but gives you a much stronger lockup between the bipod and the mount. The #32 can be somewhat hard to find, the last drop of them was a few months ago and it'll probably be next year before they do another run so the Larue can be a good alternative as a temporary mount
View Quote

The #32 is available at a few places. That and the LaRue are about the same price.. I have the kac on my mod 1 and need something for my mod 0 I'm building.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Just received two custom collars from Ron last weekend for my barrel, one for the Type A mount and one for the Type B so that I'm future proofed.  I'm very thankful to Ron for taking the time out to do these for me.  Thanks Ron!  
AEM3 in jail, hopefully coming home soon.

I definitely recognize it is more of a clone mashup, not quite Mod 0, not quite Mod H.  More like a Mk12 Mod 0(H-no!), taking a bit from each.

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Some parts that came in for my mod 0 build.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

My stripped h&r m16a1 lower is at my local shop waiting to get cerakote. Upper is on order. I'll need an optic, rings, bipod and bipod mount as well as a case.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Are these early Viking Tactics ALICE buckle slings in much demand?  There's one for sale local to me.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Today 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#30]
White Oak Barrel sales today: $195

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/18-inch-spr.html
Link Posted: Today 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
White Oak Barrel sales today: $195

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/18-inch-spr.html
View Quote

Damn...
Page / 1194
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top