Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

http://i.imgur.com/ggSu2rt.jpg
View Quote
Now we're getting somewhere.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Fucking jarheads can't figure out bubble wrap.

"Should I fuck it, or pop the bubbles? "

View Quote

Don't forget to add "smash it to smitherines" to that list.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Fucking jarheads can't figure out bubble wrap.

"Should I fuck it, or pop the bubbles? "

I tried eating it, didn't taste good...
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If that's an original Mod 0, I'm gonna lose it
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

View Quote
Get ready.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

She is a Gen II built off an ADCO build, with a legit wheel FSB from a legit SPR.

This is the other Gen II upper in KOBK's pictures. When I am on a computer, I will post some better pics and give the full scoop.

In short, KOBK is among, if not the most generous and benevolent guy around. As others here can attest he really is like none other to deal with. I intend to pay it forward just as he has for me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#15]

She is a Gen II built off an ADCO build, with a legit wheel FSB from a legit SPR.

This is the other Gen II upper in KOBK's pictures. When I am on a computer, I will post some better pics and give the full scoop.

In short, KOBK is among, if not the most generous and benevolent guy around. As others here can attest he really is like none other to deal with. I intend to pay it forward just as he has for me.
View All Quotes

Pay it forward? He gave it to you for free?

You do know I've been needing a Mk12 upper, right?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Good on him and good for you!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

to KOBK
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Lol, not quite. More in terms of answering my early SPR prayers from a long while back, and throwing in some correct accessories and such without selling either of my children

That being said, when I have some affairs in order I intend to try and help some folks out to the best of my ability. Between converting the Gen III to a Mod H and some extra bits I got lying around, I'll have some stuff to trade/swap around
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

to KOBK
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

to KOBK

I owe him lifetime's worth anytime he comes down Austinwards
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Lol, not quite. More in terms of answering my early SPR prayers from a long while back, and throwing in some correct accessories and such without selling either of my children

That being said, when I have some affairs in order I intend to try and help some folks out to the best of my ability. Between converting the Gen III to a Mod H and some extra bits I got lying around, I'll have some stuff to trade/swap around
View All Quotes

Shweet. Congrats bro! Let me know when you're ready for some horse tradin. I have the B2 and CQBR pretty much complete now, so now it's time for some mk12 parts when funds allow, but swapping I can do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#21]
On an actual computer now.

A good while back, I inquired with Augee, KOBK, and Wheelman regarding techniques for finding original SPR bits. Ultimately the techniques are 1) lots of WTB ads and get lucky, 2) know someone that knows someone that's seen some, or 3) be in the right place at the right time. In my case, my inquiries as well as research that has been building into the Mk12 "guide" all culminated in a very sharp desire for an early style SPR. I keep saying SPR because everything I saw in the narratives indicates to me that the early Gen I/Wheel FSB rifles were just SPRs for a good while until the Mk12 moniker came down the pipe (related to supply issues and the emergent KAC version, necessitating a Mod designation to separate the two).

Ultimately, some months ago after Wheelman acquired his nifty Gen II/Gen I hybrid upper, I got to the point I just HAD to get an early SPR. After even more fruitless scrounging on my own and not being in a position to really monitor a bunch of WTB ads, I received a PM. This PM came at a time where I really couldn't afford to outright buy an upper, so I began plotting to sell parts of the Gen III and other guns to fund it. Mr Whhood lucked out and got my KAC rail and Badger gas block for a sweet deal as part of this plot, and others may have noticed I was looking to strip mine down and move the SPR-PEQ-2-3 along to fund it. Well, Tax Time and my birthday came around, and after taking care of some stuff my awesome tastic wife proposed to get the upper as my gigantic present. While waiting for that check to hit, I lost my job and was unemployed for almost a month. This little setback was all taken in stride by my benefactor, who was awesome and gracious through the whole process. Then, I got the new job, got a paycheck in, and BAM, baby #2 arrived! After finally getting that squared away, last week I was finally in a position to both send out a check, and get my Form 4 submitted for my AEM5 that quite literally would have been approved by now . But that was my own fault, and just sort of happened due to the numerous speedbumps from February through this month. So Kudos also go out to Torrey and Capitol Armory for their patience!

All in all, this upper isn't the 100% OMGWTFBBQSAUCE True-Spec™ Clone I envisioned having, but damnit, I don't care anymore . Just the FSB alone is worth it to me! She is basically an ADCO Mod 0 but with Gen II handguard and the flats for the original PRI wheel FSB, so WOA upper, barrel, and BCG. The ARMS sleeve is the SPR-MOD with full pic rails. While it too isn't SPEC like the Gen II handguard, it more than looks the part and is completely functional. Should I locate a PEQ or MOD version with spaced rails, I'll swap that in.

Someday, whenever I shoot the WOA barrel out, I'd like to get a Douglas on there, and rebuild on a Colt's, or maybe even Diemaco upper . A Vari-X III 3.5-10 M3 Illum Mil-Dot is also on the docket, though sadly I missed a good one on Evilbay with .223 turrets. If any of you guys got it, Kudos! All that thing needed was maybe a tune up @ Leupold and the .308 turrets for either a Retro PRI upper or a proper Gen I or II upper.

Shorter term, I'll be looking for non-lever ARMS 17 for my Harris. Also looking for a legit Colt's teardrop F/A, I understand a bunch of them NIW were sold by Numrich but looks like all I can find right now are DPMS or Bushmaster repros.

Like a Boss, KOBK threw in non-lever #22s, TRR/TRC, and Versapod with ARMS mount! So I have those covered already.

Before I part the Gen III out, I'd actually like to shoot my AAC side by side with the AEM5 and get some film of it, for science. Both rifles have the same barrels, so it should be a pretty solid comparison. Unless, one of you with an OPS 12th/AEM5 near Austin wants to meet @ Best of the West, and I can think about moving my ARMS #38 on to a new owner sooner?

I moved my Bushnell 3-12 over to the Gen II as it still mimics the Leupold 3.5-10's lines, aside from the knobby ass turrets. Gen III now wears an SWFA 3-9 I originally bought for it. Spec glass will come, someday. Without further delay, here are some better pics of her all mocked up. I need to strip everything, AGAIN, except that FSB. Paint stays, and I will try to match it as Augee did on the rest of my rifle!

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 2:17:29 AM EDT
[#22]

A good while back, I inquired with Augee, KOBK, and Wheelman regarding techniques for finding original SPR bits. Ultimately the techniques are 1) lots of WTB ads and get lucky, 2) know someone that knows someone that's seen some, or 3) be in the right place at the right time. In my case, my inquiries as well as research that has been building into the Mk12 "guide" all culminated in a very sharp desire for an early style SPR. I keep saying SPR because everything I saw in the narratives indicates to me that the early Gen I/Wheel FSB rifles were just SPRs for a good while until the Mk12 moniker came down the pipe (related to supply issues and the emergent KAC version, necessitating a Mod designation to separate the two).

Ultimately, some months ago after Wheelman acquired his nifty Gen II/Gen I hybrid upper, I got to the point I just HAD to get an early SPR. After even more fruitless scrounging on my own and not being in a position to really monitor a bunch of WTB ads, I received a PM. This PM came at a time where I really couldn't afford to outright buy an upper, so I began plotting to sell parts of the Gen III and other guns to fund it. Mr Whhood lucked out and got my KAC rail and Badger gas block for a sweet deal as part of this plot, and others may have noticed I was looking to strip mine down and move the SPR-PEQ-2-3 along to fund it. Well, Tax Time and my birthday came around, and after taking care of some stuff my awesome tastic wife proposed to get the upper as my gigantic present. While waiting for that check to hit, I lost my job and was unemployed for almost a month. This little setback was all taken in stride by my benefactor, who was awesome and gracious through the whole process. Then, I got the new job, got a paycheck in, and BAM, baby #2 arrived! After finally getting that squared away, last week I was finally in a position to both send out a check, and get my Form 4 submitted for my AEM5 that quite literally would have been approved by now . But that was my own fault, and just sort of happened due to the numerous speedbumps from February through this month. So Kudos also go out to Torrey and Capitol Armory for their patience!

All in all, this upper isn't the 100% OMGWTFBBQSAUCE True-Spec™ Clone I envisioned having, but damnit, I don't care anymore . Just the FSB alone is worth it to me! She is basically an ADCO Mod 0 but with Gen II handguard and the flats for the original PRI wheel FSB, so WOA upper, barrel, and BCG. The ARMS sleeve is the SPR-MOD with full pic rails. While it too isn't SPEC like the Gen II handguard, it more than looks the part and is completely functional. Should I locate a PEQ or MOD version with spaced rails, I'll swap that in.

Someday, whenever I shoot the WOA barrel out, I'd like to get a Douglas on there, and rebuild on a Colt's, or maybe even Diemaco upper . A Vari-X III 3.5-10 M3 Illum Mil-Dot is also on the docket, though sadly I missed a good one on Evilbay with .223 turrets. If any of you guys got it, Kudos! All that thing needed was maybe a tune up @ Leupold and the .308 turrets for either a Retro PRI upper or a proper Gen I or II upper.

Shorter term, I'll be looking for non-lever ARMS 17 for my Harris. Also looking for a legit Colt's teardrop F/A, I understand a bunch of them NIW were sold by Numrich but looks like all I can find right now are DPMS or Bushmaster repros.

Like a Boss, KOBK threw in non-lever #22s, TRR/TRC, and Versapod with ARMS mount! So I have those covered already.

Before I part the Gen III out, I'd actually like to shoot my AAC side by side with the AEM5 and get some film of it, for science. Both rifles have the same barrels, so it should be a pretty solid comparison. Unless, one of you with an OPS 12th/AEM5 near Austin wants to meet @ Best of the West, and I can think about moving my ARMS #38 on to a new owner sooner?

I moved my Bushnell 3-12 over to the Gen II as it still mimics the Leupold 3.5-10's lines, aside from the knobby ass turrets. Gen III now wears an SWFA 3-9 I originally bought for it. Spec glass will come, someday. Without further delay, here are some better pics of her all mocked up. I need to strip everything, AGAIN, except that FSB. Paint stays, and I will try to match it as Augee did on the rest of my rifle!

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tPfLAL" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/297/18256389648_8f2e2f48aa_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tPgfEo" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8897/18256484050_fdd55bf3af_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/u6Rn4X" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8846/18444203345_a5f4a0cf8d_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tPfFgN" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8843/18256371728_cd612a28bd_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/t9Q7Ny" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/330/17821552964_b6e5f6c77a_k.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very nice lance can't wait to see the final paint great looking rifle. Congrats good things come to those who wait.
Have my gen IIi upper fixed put together and back from Adco this week hope to have pics up early next week
Patients is a virtue just a killer when you want something bad enough.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#23]

SNIP
View Quote

That's awesome man, glad to hear it all worked out in the end. The legitly painted FSB looks great. Making it very hard to resist building a Mod 0!

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know where I can get a free float KAC RAS for my MK12?  I couldn't find one when I was building it so I got a Troy rail instead.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TresArmas:
Anyone know where I can get a free float KAC RAS for my MK12?  I couldn't find one when I was building it so I got a Troy rail instead.
View Quote

The ras m4 rails are very hard to find, and overpriced when you do find one. Kac has other good options out there but I have pretty much given up ok making a clone because you really have to scour for that rail.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:03:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#26]
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:

The ras m4 rails are very hard to find, and overpriced when you do find one. Kac has other good options out there but I have pretty much given up ok making a clone because you really have to scour for that rail.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:

Don't be too negative. As mentioned on numerous recent pages, there will be another run released later this year. Get on the auto-notification for places like Operation Parts and MSTN when they're back in stock, and be ready to commit AS SOON AS YOU GET THE EMAIL.

ETA: new page pic.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#27]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tPfLAL" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/297/18256389648_8f2e2f48aa_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tPgfEo" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8897/18256484050_fdd55bf3af_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/u6Rn4X" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8846/18444203345_a5f4a0cf8d_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tPfFgN" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8843/18256371728_cd612a28bd_k.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/t9Q7Ny" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/330/17821552964_b6e5f6c77a_k.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sweet!  How did you score the long OPS/Allen collar?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

View Quote

It was with the upper. This one had been put together by Adco a number of years back, so either they had it or KOBK had it and sent it in for assembly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#29]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/297/18256389648_8f2e2f48aa_k.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8897/18256484050_fdd55bf3af_k.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8846/18444203345_a5f4a0cf8d_k.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8843/18256371728_cd612a28bd_k.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/330/17821552964_b6e5f6c77a_k.jpg
View Quote

Good shit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Geez, I want a Mod 0 now...
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Just a heads up fellas, I'll be listing the Mod H optic next week (Hi-Lux CMR-4). Iif anyone here wants first dibs, shoot me a email.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Congrats Lance. That was a good story and glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#33]
I also got a box in the mail yesterday.  It was my upper back from ADCO, I was having the barrel cut down and reprofiled for the AEM5 so I figured I'd send the whole upper in for assembly.

New bits consist of:

-New to me Lilja AR318 barrel in 6.5 Grendel cut down, re-profiled and rethreaded.
-Syrac adjustable gas block
-PRI gas buster
-Underground tactical bolt

-Colt bolt carrier is on the way.

I was too excited not to shoot it before I went out of town so I got up early and headed for the range.  I was able to get the gas block adjusted without too much effort, only forgetting righty tighty, lefty loosey once.  I had to open it up a couple more clicks from when I first got the bolt to lock back on the last round, It could be mag related as well as I used two brand new mags plus the 4 I already had.

Didn't have time to bust out the chronograph and I grabbed the wrong dope book so I didn't have velocities for Horndady 123 amax out of my old barrel but, I suspect the barrel is pretty fast.  Using a MV of 2430 that I found on the internet Ballistic AE called for 9.7 MOA at 400 but i found 8 MOA was dead on.

I was also a little worried abut the light profile barrel, I would have chosen a med contour but found a good deal on this one used.  I shot this 5 shot group on the left from the bipod off concert after shooting 10 rounds fairly quickly.  The 3 shot group on the right was sitting at the bench adjusting the gas block between shots.

First group after rough adjustments on steel

(Somehow I ended up with .20" graph paper)

I can't wait to get back out when I have more time.

Edit to add:  As pictured it weighs in a 9.3lbs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
I also got a box in the mail yesterday.  It was my upper back from ADCO, I was having the barrel cut down and reprofiled for the AEM5 so I figured I'd send the whole upper in for assembly.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/72DDBF6D-61B4-48BD-A290-04B4266C8C0C_zpstt41ojy3.jpg
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/7C8BA990-542B-4FD8-BFA3-34816DE50448_zpssegrgdog.jpg

New bits consist of:

-New to me Lilja AR318 barrel in 6.5 Grendel cut down, re-profiled and rethreaded.
-PRI gas buster

I was too excited not to shoot it before I went out of town so I got up early and headed for the range.  I was able to get the gas block adjusted without too much effort, only forgetting righty tighty, lefty loosey once.  I had to open it up a couple more clicks from when I first got the bolt to lock back on the last round, It could be mag related as well as I used two brand new mags plus the 4 I already had.

Didn't have time to bust out the chronograph and I grabbed the wrong dope book so I didn't have velocities for Horndady 123 amax out of my old barrel but, I suspect the barrel is pretty fast.  Using a MV of 2430 that I found on the internet Ballistic AE called for 9.7 MOA at 400 but i found 8 MOA was dead on.

I was also a little worried abut the light profile barrel, I would have chosen a med contour but found a good deal on this one used.  I shot this 5 shot group on the left from the bipod off concert after shooting 10 rounds fairly quickly.  The 3 shot group on the right was sitting at the bench adjusting the gas block between shots.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/01A486EB-8BE3-4B90-B4AE-2C059EA9BB8B_zpstvl8hduf.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/961D738C-DAA9-494A-A66D-D25ABBAAC4EB_zpshwsqkv3v.jpg

View Quote

Oh man I am jelly of that set up!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#36]

It was with the upper. This one had been put together by Adco a number of years back, so either they had it or KOBK had it and sent it in for assembly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

Gotcha!  Thank you.  Again, sweet rifle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/72DDBF6D-61B4-48BD-A290-04B4266C8C0C_zpstt41ojy3.jpg
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/7C8BA990-542B-4FD8-BFA3-34816DE50448_zpssegrgdog.jpg

New bits consist of:

-PRI gas buster

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/01A486EB-8BE3-4B90-B4AE-2C059EA9BB8B_zpstvl8hduf.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/961D738C-DAA9-494A-A66D-D25ABBAAC4EB_zpshwsqkv3v.jpg

Thanks, I hope I can get out next weekend and put some more rounds through it.

Next step is to get an AEM5 in 30 cal for it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#38]
CLE Douglas 1/7 barrel came in today. Mocked up before being fully assembled

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Lancecriminal86, mblades, movistar.....

Damn........You guys are puttin' up some mighty nice sticks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Lancecriminal86, mblades, movistar.....

Damn........You guys are puttin' up some mighty nice sticks.
View Quote

Thanks man! Wouldn't look as good as it does without your old Leupy up on it!

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
CLE Douglas 1/7 barrel came in today. Mocked up before being fully assembled

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/image.jpg3_zpsuyxuw5x9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/image.jpg3_zpsuyxuw5x9.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/image.jpg2_zpsc0iey3te.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/image.jpg2_zpsc0iey3te.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/image.jpg1_zpsaqjkhnww.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/image.jpg1_zpsaqjkhnww.jpg</a>
View Quote

Niiiiiice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Well Lance, I guess I can remove you from my will now, and add someone else.

View All Quotes

I still have dibs on yourGen I/II hybrid handguard...

And, as promised:
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:36:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#43]

And, as promised:

http://i.imgur.com/jcgqA8y.jpg
View All Quotes

And, as promised:

You kid is asleep because the Mod 0 is boring. Thus, you need to upgrade to Mk13

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#44]

And, as promised:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Well Lance, I guess I can remove you from my will now, and add someone else.

And, as promised:
I'll get it re-drafted and notarized tomorrow. Just need your fax number.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#45]

And, as promised:
View All Quotes

And, as promised:

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone upgraded their trigger in their MK12 from the standard mil spec one?  If so, what did you get and how do you like it?  I know that the 2-stage KAC was what was actually used in the real MK12's at one point.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:55:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#47]
Has anyone upgraded their trigger in their MK12 from the standard mil spec one?  If so, what did you get and how do you like it?  I know that the 2-stage KAC was what was actually used in the real MK12's at one point.
View Quote

I had both Geissele SSA and SSF triggers for Mk11s, Mk12s  or M4A1(URGs) in Astan last year to issue.  Selection was up to the ODA member, all took the SSF due to our location.

CD
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I don't think any of us are using the standard mil-spec triggers. Most are using Geisseles but I'm poor so I just decided to use an LMT 2-stage in mine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I got the kac adjustable 2 stage, all the loctite stuff they recommend for install, took my time getting it all setup, and it made one range trip before it was replaced with an ssa-e. I'll never run a kac trigger again. Just didn't dig it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I don't think any of us are using the standard mil-spec triggers. Most are using Geisseles but I'm poor so I just decided to use an LMT 2-stage in mine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

TRANSLATION:

Buy his fucking awesome book so he can get a Geissele! My old man was a Recon Marine at the very tip end of Vietnam/Saigon evacuation, and noted that all the cool stuff RT wrote about was all the stuff he and his team had trained for.

That being said... anyone remember what thread here had an exhaustive comparison of all the different spraycan options? I need to match the paint on the new FSB, and I'm pretty sure Skilcraft is way too yellow. I want to say it is Krylon Khaki, but I am not certain.
Page / 1196
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top