Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2024 8:21:55 PM EDT
What's the consensus on Swampfox? Decent or trash?

I'm looking at this for my first budget LPVO:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/swampfox-arrowhead-series-1-10x24-sfp-red-ir-mil-riflescope

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Tomahawk 1-8 sfp. Its great at 1x. Pretty shit at 8x, but managable on a bench. Good intro into lpvo's. I liked it way more than the Vortex's I compared it to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No different than Sig, Holosun, etc.   Chinesium crap
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t have any of their scopes yet but I’m very happy with my swampfox prisms.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost as good as primary arms.

They used to have some really cool products, but seem to have turned into a primary arms clone shop like monstrum and those types.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
No different than Sig, Holosun, etc.   Chinesium crap
View Quote

^That.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have their 3x prism on an 300 aac  AR and two of their green dots on .22 bolt guns. Quite happy with both models.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a bunch of their stuff. I’m quite happy with it, but my serious pistols have RMRs. They had some amazing Black Friday deals in the past.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#8]
It was supposedly started by someone who was fired from Primary Arms for good reason. It is more low end Chinese crap.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
It was supposedly started by someone who was fired from Primary Arms for good reason. It is more low end Chinese crap.
View Quote

Mike did not start Swampfox optics, he was employed by them.  

I have an arrowhead 1-10.   Its been a decent scope.   Was better then the gen 1 strike eagle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GBOOT99:
I have the Tomahawk 1-8 sfp. Its great at 1x. Pretty shit at 8x, but managable on a bench. Good intro into lpvo's. I liked it way more than the Vortex's I compared it to.
View Quote

With the lesser expensive LPVO's I would stop @ 6x because of this.  The glass, light and eyebox are shit when you get up there.  If I need more than 6x on top, I will move to an MPVO for the larger objective.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Never owned one, but I always hear good things about their Arrowhead and Kentucky Long optics. I wouldn’t be against trying one on a lower-importance build. I’m sure it’d do fine assuming you know what you’re buying.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

With the lesser expensive LPVO's I would stop @ 6x because of this.  The glass, light and eyebox are shit when you get up there.  If I need more than 6x on top, I will move to an MPVO for the larger objective.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GBOOT99:

Even on expensive LPVOs they start to fall apart at 8+. There are some I trust to stretch to 8, but I agree if you find yourself reaching up there often, one should probably just opt for a MPVO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I have the Arrowhead 1-8 and have memorized the lever position at 6x so I don't turn it past that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I tried a couple of their prism scopes and immediately got rid of them because the glass quality is terrible
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
I tried a couple of their prism scopes and immediately got rid of them because the glass quality is terrible
View Quote

I've had no issues with their glass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the patriot 6-24x50 scope, it’s not bad and not great. But it does fine below 24x.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I like their optic screw packs
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Owned an Arrowhead 1-8x, my only complaint was the reticle (they didn’t offer the mil reticle in the 1-8x at the time). Much better glass than a Strike Eagle and the early PA SLX line. The 1-8x has a 1x FOV of 122’. Only got rid of it because someone offered me an XPS2 on trade.

Still have a Kentucky Long 2-12x and it’s been one of my favorite scopes considering price to value ratio. A buddy has a KL 5-30x that is absolute trash above ~20x.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SCR556:

I've had no issues with their glass.
View Quote

If all you know is mediocre Chinese glass, it’s undoubtedly fine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Mediocre OEM ChiCom optics with the most annoying internet influencers and marketing imaginable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By John91498:
What's the consensus on Swampfox? Decent or trash?

I'm looking at this for my first budget LPVO:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/swampfox-arrowhead-series-1-10x24-sfp-red-ir-mil-riflescope

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

I looked at one a while back and thought it was pretty decent budget LPVO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzBztbzxGxQ

ILya
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#22]
No experience with their scopes, but most everyone who owns one seems to be happy.

Have 2 of their pistol optics, very happy with them.  They've withstood everything I've put them through.

Not all of us are ARFCOM high-rollers who can afford to put 2,000 dollar optics on everything, so it's nice to have decent options we can actually afford, that increase our own individual capability.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
Mediocre OEM ChiCom optics with the most annoying internet influencers and marketing imaginable.
View Quote

Never seen or heard a single ad from them.  When I bought the prism the only way I knew the company existed was because a clearance deal showed up on my Amazon deals listing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Never seen or heard a single ad from them.  When I bought the prism the only way I knew the company existed was because a clearance deal showed up on my Amazon deals listing.
View Quote

Consider yourself lucky you were blissfully unaware of the whole “SWAMPFOX IS SOCOM APPROVED” thing because they sent a scope to some tabbed dudes who dragged it out to the HESCO barriers for a couple pictures.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Consider yourself lucky you were blissfully unaware of the whole “SWAMPFOX IS SOCOM APPROVED” thing because they sent a scope to some tabbed dudes who dragged it out to the HESCO barriers for a couple pictures.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure it was even tabbed dudes. It may have been support personnel attached. Either way they wouldn't clarify.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I tried them out due to the substantial .mil discount. All the LPVOs went down the road fairly quickly. I think I still have 2 of their red dots.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Geez doom and gloom here, that said nothing to really write home about they are what they are.   Had a few and moved on, their CS is outstanding, and price wise the military discount when items are on sale is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HUCK70] [#28]
I have a couple of their red dots on .22 pistols, I had one issue and they upgraded it to a newer model at no cost to me. I probably wouldn’t take their stuff to combat, but works fine for banging steel with a couple of .22’s.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It is a matter of expectations. I have some expensive optics and some not-so-expensive. I don't expect to see $2000 glass in a $300 optic.

It becomes a question of value for money and IMO Swampfox delivers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#30]

It is a matter of expectations. I have some expensive optics and some not-so-expensive. I don't expect to see $2000 glass in a $300 optic.

View All Quotes

Concur. ACOGs on my primaries and Swampfox and others on secondary.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#31]
these are mostly for range toys
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I remember that.

He had a thread here with a bunch of pics with them supposedly training with the Arrowhead 1-10x, and one of them on a Scar 17, saying how great it was holding up.

I did have a Arrow 1-10x myself for a bit as a placeholder and it was not too shabby, but common man!

Also when the 1-10 first came out he claimed that some swat unit was thrilled with them, and were going to use them.

There were a bunch of pics of that too

He as a new company now, but not sure if he's just partnering with them or owner. He has a youtube vid from shotshow I think.

In the vid he was talking the same spiel as he was when he was with swampfox.

"Almost as good as high-end optics, and for the working man, bla bla bla.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#33]
On a more general note, a lot of dudes will choose an optic based on whatever the military or their favorite operator is using so you can see why Swampfox would want to follow that social media trend.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I picked up an Arrowhead 1x6 and it works for me.  Mainly because I am not an operator, their first responder discount was great, and because everyone seemed to like the guy who came from PSA...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
On a more general note, a lot of dudes will choose an optic based on whatever the military or their favorite operator is using so you can see why Swampfox would want to follow that social media trend.
View Quote

In reality, 99.99% of us will never need an "operator" level optic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#36]

In reality, 99.99% of us will never need an "operator" level optic.
View Quote

Makes no difference to me, personally, but a lot of dudes will buy just based off that
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top