Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
This has slowly become one of my favorite rifles.

View Quote

Wow!!!

Any specs? What's the farthest you've reached with it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By minion42:

Wow!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7626/16573722527_f9a2a7b0cc_h.jpg  

Wow!!!

looks like standed M4A1 Block II, 14.5" M4/socom barrel, DD RIS II rail, Nightforce 1-4x, larue mount..
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Wow!!!

View All Quotes

Wow!!!

I'd like to build something like that with a 1-6 on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By 10Point3:

looks like standard M4A1 Block II, 14.5" M4/ socom barrel, DD RIS II rail, Nightforce 1-4x, larue mount..
View All Quotes

Wow!!!

looks like standard M4A1 Block II, 14.5" M4/ socom barrel, DD RIS II rail, Nightforce 1-4x, larue mount..
Correct.

Originally Posted By JimboJones1:

I've considered getting a mk6 but for the money, the NF is tough to beat.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct.

View All Quotes

Wow!!!

Correct.

Can i ask what reticle and how you like it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct.

View All Quotes

Wow!!!

Correct.

The new dual focal plane Bushnell 1-6.5x is looking pretty good and about the same or less than the NF.
I like almost everything about the NF 1-4 except the reticle choices.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#7]

Originally Posted By kirbykid25:
View All Quotes
<snip>

FC-2, and I love it.

Originally Posted By stagepaint:
The new dual focal plane Bushnell 1-6.5x is looking pretty good and about the same or less than the NF.

My only complaint about the FC-2 is that I wish the center dot was 1 MOA instead of 2.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
FC-2, and I love it.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/q8B4Av" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7485/15838618917_4742003a96_k.jpg</a>

My only complaint about the FC-2 is that I wish the center dot was 1 MOA instead of 2.

View All Quotes
<snip>

FC-2, and I love it.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/q8B4Av" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7485/15838618917_4742003a96_k.jpg</a>

Originally Posted By stagepaint:

That's the reticle my buddy has in his. It's nice cause it's real fast to pick up, but I like having some type of mil scale for shot corrections and ranging. I don't range stuff too often with my mk6, but use the reticle a lot for shot corrections, especially out past 200 yards.
I almost went with that scope but it was right when everybody started putting out the 1-6 optics.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
if that reticle had a 4mil drop scale on it i think it would be tits. and yes a 1moa center dot as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:24:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Calishark] [#10]
My wife's recce!

Light weight version: just need a LT660 for the T1.

EDIT: not sure why direct image won't show. I did the coding right and it shows in the preview but when I look at the forum page it's showing links. Not sure what's going on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#11]
It's because you have such a low post-count.  They show up for team members (nice looking rifle, though the bubble gum pink isn't my thing) and will for everyone once you hit 50 posts.  Anti-spam thing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By twitch1706:
It's because you have such a low post-count.  They show up for team members (nice looking rifle, though the bubble gum pink isn't my thing) and will for everyone once you hit 50 posts.  Anti-spam thing.
View Quote

Thank you very much for the info. Yeah pink isn't my thing either, but I must say it sure is unique, and I actually like it. She saw the pink magpul MOE Grip and stock and loved that it wasn't your standard black. She's happy to have the color and it sure grabs a lot of attention. Plus if SHTF it's getting painted black, and that came from her mouth not mine. :)
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Would a older USO SN4 be anywhere in the realm of clone appropriate optics for a RECCE?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Calishark:

Thank you very much for the info. Yeah pink isn't my thing either, but I must say it sure is unique, and I actually like it. She saw the pink magpul MOE Grip and stock and loved that it wasn't your standard black. She's happy to have the color and it sure grabs a lot of attention. Plus if SHTF it's getting painted black, and that came from her mouth not mine. :)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twitch1706:

Haha I talked my down to purple snake camo.

It has a big scope on it now too. I'll be painting that purple this weekend.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Can someone recommend a good sub $300 barrel ?

Right now I'm looking at a Black Hole Weaponry barrel in 223 wylde 16" 1:8 with the "light" profile.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By ChaSeR84:

Right now I'm looking at a Black Hole Weaponry barrel in 223 wylde 16" 1:8 with the "light" profile.
View Quote
I keep hearing good things about Bison Armory.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Rainier as select are nice. Polygonal rifling.

Bison i hear the MOD H guys rave about.....and ballistic advantage. Id try them as well. My next barrel will prolly be BA. $200 range.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Left to Right
"Go-To" Rifle with Vortex PST 1-4x24
Noveske Recce Build with Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP
Jack Carbine Clone

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Front fell off!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Front fell off!!!
View Quote

At least it was well greased lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

View All Quotes
Front fell off!!!

No doubt! WTH?

He must've had a bad experience with trying to remove a BCM factory installed barrel nut in the past!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By Deussne:

Not sure if qualifies? 3x optic.

View Quote
Had this re-painted 500-700 rounds ago. Finally got around to taking a pic. This is what it looks like now:

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#25]

No doubt! WTH?

He must've had a bad experience with trying to remove a BCM factory installed barrel nut in the past!
View All Quotes
Front fell off!!!

No doubt! WTH?

My factory BCM upper has so much grease on it you can see it when you shoulder the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Afghan w/ NF 2.5-10
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

Bison i hear the MOD H guys rave about.....and ballistic advantage. Id try them as well. My next barrel will prolly be BA. $200 range.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

I take it yours came around and you changed your mind from initial impressions? I can recommend any Rainier barrel that fits your budget too, i have yet to be let down by one. Research is your friend here and for the most part a cheap barrel is not a good one for a rifle built with the purposes intended for the one shown in this thread. That said, there is a point of diminishing returns that only shows benefits to a handful of shooters that truly are capable of taking testes off a gnat at 400 yards, i can't.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#28]
20150316_102935_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rngUwW" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8680/16649669018_24e9cd4f63_z.jpg</a>20150316_102935_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

that the 2.5x10 vortex? if so how are you liking it? I have a 1.5x5 mk4 waiting on the mount currently but have been thinking if I don't like it I may have to try one of the 2-10 vortexs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#30]
Took the MRE out after work today and even with some cheap Monarch steel, she did pretty well.
Also, here's some shitty pictures I took with my phone.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:51:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#31]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
View Quote

Very nice indeed. That's gotta be the ultimate Recce right there. Maybe just piggyback an MRDS. Love the paint too.

And I would echo Big_Husky....how do you like the Vortex?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks guys, I really like the vortex, the xlr reticle is awesome and that's what really sold me on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Here is my version of a Recce-style AR. Upper was built by Weapon Outfitters.Great guys to work with.

Centurion Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7, mid-length, 16" barrel. PWS Triad flash suppressor, Parallax Tactical 13" FFSSR rail, Parallax Tactical NiB Complete Bolt Carrier, WO Raptor charging handle, Adjustable Gas Block.

Lower is Armalite with ambi safety and mag release. Trigger is RRA 2-staged (WO tuned). BUIS are Magpul. Grip (w/ spare bolt and FP) and Butt stock are OD Magpul. Optics is CX6 1-6x24 w/ MS3 reticle. Mount is AD Scout.

I have about 500 rounds of M193 thru this upper and it has performed flawlessly. I have a couple cases of 262 inbound and look forward to trying some in this combination.

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#34]
How are you liking the Optisan 1-6?  It's hard finding anyone using them.  Do you have experience with any other low power variables that you can compare it to?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow really cool to see Parallax Tactical stuff making it to FL. They're my local go to shop here in San Diego. Joe is an awesome guy and they run a great store and make really awesome products at a competetive price!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:
How are you liking the Optisan 1-6?  It's hard finding anyone using them.  Do you have experience with any other low power variables that you can compare it to?
View Quote

I really, really like the CX6. I also have a Bushnell 1-4x24 throwdown. I actually think the optics are better in that the view seems flatter and crisper than the Throwdown. The CX6 seems closer to 1X than the Bushnell. The MS3 reticle is great and, IMHO, easier and faster than in the Bushnell. I have used all 3 ranging methods provide for by the reticle and they are very good. The Power Ring Ranging method is really fast and easy.Don't get me wrong. I like the Bushnell and for the money, I'm glad i have it. The CX6 costs more but I believe it is worth it.

The CX6 illumination is brighter but that is expected given the differences between FFP and SFP designs. The design of the reticle with the thick circle and diamond really make it easy to pick up in close range 1x situations but the diamond tip does a good job of providing decent precision at 100 yds., too. I've not had a chance to try beyond 200 yds yet but hope to soon.

The reticle is very crisp. In bright Florida sunshine, the black circle/diamond are easy to acquire in all by the darkest shadows and when set on the highest illumination setting, the reticle is a maroon to dark maroon color against lightly colored, brightly light backgrounds (light tan painted homes), dark red against grass and trees and red when looking in shadows. I have no problems putting the diamond on target in a wide range of lighting situations. Is it as bright as my Aimpoint? No. Is it as fast? No but almost. Is it as sharp as my TA33DOC ACOG? No but it is not bad by any stretch. What it is, is a really good compromise, especially for the price. I have several hundred rounds under it so far. I hit the range every week. If is as well made as it feels and holds up to lots of rounds, it will have lived up to all my expectations.

I looked a lots of choices in gun stores and could not find a better low power, adjustable, illuminated scope with a great a reticle for close to what this cost. YMMV. I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:31:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ducati650] [#37]
Wow really cool to see Parallax Tactical stuff making it to FL. They're my local go to shop here in San Diego. Joe is an awesome guy and they run a great store and make really awesome products at a competetive price!
View Quote

I talked with Roy at Weapon Outfitters in Bellevue, WA and we made a list of the parts I wanted. I usually build my own but decided to let WO put it together and test it. Not sorry I did. It all went great. Parallax makes some very nice stuff. I am really pleased with the results. W/o the optic, mount or ammo it weighs 7 lb, 10 oz. With the optic and mount it is 9 lb, 4 oz.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By G_MAN:
Afghan w/ NF 2.5-10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/SUPA_G_MAN/Firearms/IMG_1659.jpg
View Quote

Gman, Larue LT15-12 and a 14.5 Barrel is this your combination?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:34:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jinxy] [#39]

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is my RECCE inspired rifle

What I have:

-Colt LE6920
-16 in barrel (unfortunately not SS)
-Centurion Arms C4 12 in rail
-Trijicon Accupoint TR24g w/ Larue LT104 and Larue cat tail
-Surefire Scout w/ Surefire SR05 switch
-BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 grip
-BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
-LMT Sopmod Gen 1 stock
-KAC rail panels
-Vtac MK 2 sling in multicam (not pictured)

Plans for the build:

-Geissele SSA trigger
-BUIS- Cannot decide between MBUS Pro's, KAC Micro's, or some sort of offset buis. Any suggestions?
-Silencerco Saker Trifecta flash hider (owned but not yet installed)
-Silencerco Saker 556
-Ambi safety
-Maybe a fresh coat of Krylon?

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Those EraThr3 rails are sexy as fuck.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#44]
That does look good. Is Erathr3 the company Sheri from Noveske has something to do with?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mcmillanman5_:
That does look good. Is Erathr3 the company Sheri from Noveske has something to do with?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
Originally Posted By mcmillanman5_:

Yes.

Thanks, thought I had read that a while ago. Appreciate the reply.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Ducati,

Thanks for the gouge on the Optisan.  I read the review by the guy that designed the reticle, but even he admitted his bias in his review.  I'm really thinking of picking up either that optic, or the new Strike Eagle when it comes out (less price, and I'm sure not quite as good glass, but cheaper and less monetary risk).
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By carbeans:

Here is my RECCE inspired rifle

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/zexe92/unnamed_zpscceip0w7.jpg

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/zexe92/unnamed_zpsin9uvu7y.jpg

What I have:

-Colt LE6920

-16 in barrel (unfortunately not SS)

-Centurion Arms C4 12 in rail

-Trijicon Accupoint TR24g w/ Larue LT104 and Larue cat tail

-Surefire Scout w/ Surefire SR05 switch

-BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 grip

-BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle

-LMT Sopmod Gen 1 stock

-KAC rail panels

-Vtac MK 2 sling in multicam (not pictured)

Plans for the build:

-Geissele SSA trigger

-BUIS- Cannot decide between MBUS Pro's, KAC Micro's, or some sort of offset buis. Any suggestions?

-Silencerco Saker Trifecta flash hider (owned but not yet installed)

-Silencerco Saker 556

-Ambi safety

-Maybe a fresh coat of Krylon?

View Quote

KAC Micros or none at all. MBUSs would look cheap as hell on that rig. And I'm a huge fan of spray painting but that thing looks really good as-is to me for some reason. Either way, good looking rifle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

KAC Micros or none at all. MBUSs would look cheap as hell on that rig. And I'm a huge fan of spray painting but that thing looks really good as-is to me for some reason. Either way, good looking rifle.
View Quote

MBUS pros would be ok too IMO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words. I was highly considering the Micros.  I like the thin front sight post, and the fact that the rear sight is adjustable from 200-600 meters. The only thing I am not a fan of is the price, which is why i considered the MBUS pro's. Seems like the extra money might be worth it for the upgraded features.
Page / 220
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top