Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2024 5:50:07 PM EDT
Test rifles were a 14.5" barrel AR-15 & 10.5" barrel SBR. The SBR only has the gas vent. Other has both the vent & Sledgehammer CH.

Still got a lot of gas to my face with just the vent.

With both, there was no gas to my face. I'll be installing this CH in everything I run suppressed now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Surprised no one has chimed in. Did I miss something on the gas to the face front?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop the gas at the gasport and no need for fancy charging handles or extra parts to redirect the gas. All of mine have reduced gas ports and use H or H1 buffers and standard springs. No need for heavy buffers banging back and forth.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Stop the gas at the gasport and no need for fancy charging handles or extra parts to redirect the gas. All of mine have reduced gas ports and use H or H1 buffers and standard springs. No need for heavy buffers banging back and forth.
View Quote

I run suppressed so H1 is not always the best bet.

Also, I do not have adjustable gas blocks, but thank you for chiming in about other parts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Silicone trick will do more than any CH to reduce gas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have adjustable gas block either. I thread the gasport hole and put a vented set screw in there with a .050 port. Works on my carbine and mid gas length guns. Works suppressed with H buffer and standard spring. BCM charging handles and no gas to face.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I came in to report that the charging handle does work and everyone chimes in telling me to do something else lol wow
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:15:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556_Chowder] [#7]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
I came in to report that the charging handle does work and everyone chimes in telling me to do something else lol wow
View Quote

I remember the first time I learned that some grown adults have the attention span of a gnat. It’s aggravating but you’ll get used to it.

I’m glad the charging handle worked out. I’ve got a PRI gas buster I’m waiting to try out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

I remember the first time I learned that some grown adults have the attention span of a gnat. It’s aggravating but you’ll get used to it.

I’m glad the charging handle worked out. I’ve got a PRI gas buster I’m waiting to try out.
View Quote

Thank you. Let us know how that one works out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
View Quote

I'll say that yes...The Sledgehammer is a great option and now my go to for price and performance.

If nothing else the economics and rugged build are worth it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
I don't have adjustable gas block either. I thread the gasport hole and put a vented set screw in there with a .050 port. Works on my carbine and mid gas length guns. Works suppressed with H buffer and standard spring. BCM charging handles and no gas to face.
View Quote

Tell us more
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top