Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2024 11:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pern]

Updated. 8/1/24. RTB made it right with me and sent replacements!  Thx RTB.

I normally have a great experience ordering from this company, but these  two receivers I bought the magazine catch Hole was miss located. The button binds up.
After I finished milling these receivers, I went to install the parts and found the defect. They told me to send them back and I would be compensated, but obviously that’s not possible.
Right to bear didnt compensate me for the defect  as of yet.
Very disappointed so far as I think anyone would be.
Anyone else have any problems?

Link to pictures
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Why can't you send them back? They don't care if they have been milled or not I would assume.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OG1:
Why can't you send them back? They don't care if they have been milled or not I would assume.
View Quote

They are now a firearm, and would need to be shipped as such.  He would need an FFL to mail them, but that would be cheapest.  UPS and FedEx are thieves when it comes to shipping.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had that particular problem as I haven't milled out the 80's I got from them.  I use them as a fixture for setting up uppers and one thing I have noticed is there is a substantial (.013") gap between  their 80's and an upper that typically fits with a .003" gap on a factory finished upper.  For my use it isn't critical, but I wouldn't be happy with it on an actual firearm.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

They are now a firearm, and would need to be shipped as such.  He would need an FFL to mail them, but that would be cheapest.  UPS and FedEx are thieves when it comes to shipping.
View Quote
I have sent frames to Glock and they only require next day. No FFL. I think manufacturers don't require an FFL to send.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]
RTB informed me they would not accept them  as a return for credit or refund therefore I’ve received no compensation.

β€œUnfortunately we can not accept a milled out lower”.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope this isn't indicative of their 80's, I'm part of a group buy on a bunch of these right now. I guess I'll test fit as much as possible before making chips.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish I had.
Aside of the issue I found, everything else fits perfectly.
Hopefully Right to Bear will make it Right with Me 😁🀞🏻
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Pern:
RTB informed me they would not accept them  as a return for credit or refund therefore I've received no compensation.

"Unfortunately we can not accept a milled out lower".
View Quote
Dang man, hope it works out.
Originally Posted By Vague:
I hope this isn't indicative of their 80's, I'm part of a group buy on a bunch of these right now. I guess I'll test fit as much as possible before making chips.
View Quote
I have done quite a few and all have been good so far...knock on wood
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have sent frames to Glock and they only require next day. No FFL. I think manufacturers don't require an FFL to send.
View Quote

Are they paying the shipping, or you?  Next day is $$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Are they paying the shipping, or you?  Next day is $$$$$$$$$
View Quote
They made me do it lol but the place in Ga is next to me so I used ground and it still got there in a day. They did send me a new frame for free tho so it would have been worth it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
They made me do it lol but the place in Ga is next to me so I used ground and it still got there in a day. They did send me a new frame for free tho so it would have been worth it.
View Quote

Okay.  But the carrier would probably charge you next day if you indicated there was a gun in there.  I did the same on a shipment to St Paul, day trip, but I didn't tell UPS what was in the box.

In OP's case it would likely cost more to ship the receivers back to them than they cost to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pern] [#13]
Great news I got told today that RTB is going to replace my receivers so thats super!!
Fingers crossed πŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ˜€ I will only be out my labor oh well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Pern:
Great news I got told today that RTB is going to replace my receivers so thats super!!
Fingers crossed πŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ˜€ I will only be out my labor oh well.
View Quote

Outstanding!  Hopefully in spec

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.  I think your public call-out may have had an impact.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:24:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RD20] [#15]
I heard you will receive replacements, however, it seems the small hole for the magazine release button is off center, and if so, it may be salvageable.  The magazine release is long and parallel to the receiver, enlarging one end of the hole on the magazine release side to allow the threaded portion to fit through should allow the part as a whole to function as normal, I think.

Maybe they are not worhless?
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I think your right, Ive been holding on until get a resolution. I’m concerned it will be sloppy fit. I may have to chamfer the part lever to prevent it from catching and dragging. I’m not sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you measure the distance down to the catch slot to see if it was the hole location or the slot location?
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes it’s hole definitely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top