Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2024 7:39:27 PM EDT
I am tasked with selling an AR built on a Primary Arms lower. Parts kit is unknown.  However I must establish a selling price anyway. What is the best way to attack the situation?

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this a  "ghost gun?"  AKA  no  s/n?   Regardless of the state you/ she is in,  I would separate the bare lower and sell the rest as parts.  Otherwise, it depends on the state in which you live.  good luck if you are in  WA/ OR / CA    and I don't even keep track of the  E end of the continent.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
you're screwed
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Somewhere hidden in the perverse maze that is the arfcom menu system is an OK Hometown Forum. You can ask there about ways and places to sell this.

Generic ARs regularly run as cheap as $400. If you can't post a pic, send a copy and I'll upload it for you. Get some decent, clear ones of any markings on the parts. We already know what a PA lower is, so you can skip that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhere hidden in the perverse maze that is the arfcom menu system is an OK Hometown Forum. You can ask there about ways and places to sell this.

Generic ARs regularly run as cheap as $400. If you can't post a pic, send a copy and I'll upload it for you. Get some decent, clear ones of any markings on the parts. We already know what a PA lower is, so you can skip that.
View Quote

OK HTF
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Needs more info's
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am tasked with selling an AR built on a Primary Arms lower. Parts kit is unknown.  However I must establish a selling price anyway. What is the best way to attack the situation?

View Quote

I don't think Primary Arms has their name on lowers.  It may have been bought from PA, but it likely is a different brand name.  Not knowing exactly what is in there, it will be hard to squeeze more than $500 out of it, depending on optic if there is one.

My condolences in the loss of your friend.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Smell like any cheap ar.  Probably 400 bucks is all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't think Primary Arms has their name on lowers.  ...
View Quote
Well darn, you're right. The ones I think of as "my Primary Arms" lowers are actually poverty ponies.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ll give ya treefiddy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with posting pictures of anything with markings. A home built AR made out of who knows what will get you $400. If you can prove it's made with high quality parts that number will rise. I have home builds with a lot of money into them. Are they less of a gun than a factory one? I'd argue they're better than most. Without more info though, you're stuck at $400
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
presuming you are not having FFL....

just don't plan selling it on her behalf for profit and you should be okay; you don't want any agency to consider you for engaging in the business of selling firearms for obvious reasons
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Just give her $500 bucks for it and take it to the range to test it out, if you like it keep it, or sell it to a friend for $500. Everyone wins.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just give her $500 bucks for it and take it to the range to test it out, if you like it keep it, or sell it to a friend for $500. Everyone wins.
View Quote

This is what I would do, and maybe kick in a little extra because...well...a friend
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is what I would do, and maybe kick in a little extra because...well...a friend
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.  On the open market today for a no-brand lower and parts kit - $400 is about right for open market - that's how cheap and common AR's are now.  If there's a case of ammo with it, that's worth more than the gun is now.  

Last AR15 I bought at a widows estate sale with numerous other people there too, I paid $300 for it.  And I wouldn't have bought even at that price, except I wanted the scope.  That's how bad the AR market is right now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Not Tech
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top