Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2024 4:06:51 PM EDT
I have a case of .223 Golden Tiger, the Russian made steel case stuff.

Obviously I bought it at much lower prices than what’s current, and am unlikely to ever have an opportunity to buy more.

It is sort of just junk ammo, though, and I can’t imagine anybody wanting to trade for it or buy it at any sort of premium.

I guess maybe I’m just looking for some excuse to keep it since it reminds me of when ammo was cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep it.

For me, I have ammo I practice/compete with, I have ammo I use for defense and I have ammo that I will pass down to my kids and/or barter with in a SHTF scenario.

So if you don't want to shoot this steel cased ammo and you don't want to get rid of it....keep it for the last reasons I listed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's from the batch that had the hard primers you're going to need an "enhanced/extended" firing pin for your ARs. No issues in a Mossberg MVP boltgun or a Yugo M85 AK pistol, all the other 223s I had on hand wouldn't set it off.

If you're going to keep it, shoot 100 rounds and see if it has normal primers or the super hard ones.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's from the batch that had the hard primers you're going to need an "enhanced/extended" firing pin for your ARs. No issues in a Mossberg MVP boltgun or a Yugo M85 AK pistol, all the other 223s I had on hand wouldn't set it off.

If you're going to keep it, shoot 100 rounds and see if it has normal primers or the super hard ones.
View Quote

We had to upgrade the hammer springs in our f/a ar's as well to run it, but it sure was cheap at the time
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I would keep it and shoot it for practice.
But you could sell it for .35.40cpr.
Have a some wolf and Barnaul, but see no need to sell it. Cant replace it with brass even if you get double what you paid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We had to upgrade the hammer springs in our f/a ar's as well to run it, but it sure was cheap at the time
View Quote

.17/rnd delivered from SGAmmo after the hard primers were discovered. I should have ordered a lot more, I sold 90% of it 2020 for .60ish/rnd - free enhanced firing pin with every case.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the hard primer golden tiger ammo. Great for training.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I still have a few thousand of the 4K I bought. Even without the extended firing pin most of it goes bang.  I have 2 of the firing pins I swap in when I shoot it. It's accurate enough.  I'd keep it for practice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a case of .223 Golden Tiger, the Russian made steel case stuff.

Obviously I bought it at much lower prices than what’s current, and am unlikely to ever have an opportunity to buy more.

It is sort of just junk ammo, though, and I can’t imagine anybody wanting to trade for it or buy it at any sort of premium.

I guess maybe I’m just looking for some excuse to keep it since it reminds me of when ammo was cheaper.
View Quote

Keep it .

For keepsake purposes,  I have an old school case of wolf .223 lacquered with bullet and primer sealer.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top