Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2024 2:45:03 PM EDT
I want a couple Colt carbine recoil springs as spare parts.  The only source I can find is Specialized Armament, which has them for $10 each (not great but tolerable).  But they have a $50 minimum order.   If I add

Colt's website refers one to MidwayUsa or Brownells, neither of which have them.  

Anyone have another source?

I also wanted some BCM cam pins, and 2 sets of carbine end plates+castle nuts.  BCM has those for $31, but not the recoil springs. :(   I think BCM used to sell carbine recoil springs too, but I don't see them on their site.  I'd rather not have to order the other parts from Specialized as well, as the prices are MUCH higher there.

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have always had great success with Wolff springs.  I have used their main springs, recoil springs, magazine springs, M1 carbine or M1 Garand and just about any other kind of spring you can think of.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Genin:
I have always had great success with Wolff springs.  I have used their main springs, recoil springs, magazine springs, M1 carbine or M1 Garand and just about any other kind of spring you can think of.
View Quote

Aren't all of Wolff's springs music wire?
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Check Damage Industries.  They occasionally have chrome silicon springs on sale for the price of standard springs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 4:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XxSLASHERxX] [#4]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 5:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XxSLASHERxX] [#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Now we're talking.  I did look at the BCM site, but somehow missed that item.  Just what I need.

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
No problem. It happens
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 7:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emmetf] [#10]
Consider buying the Brownell's house-brand stainless steel M4 action spring.  Probably supplied by the same OEM manufacturer as Colt or BCM.  Should be a fraction of the cost and guaranteed to work just as well.  Good luck.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top