Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2024 8:48:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw]
Whether you think so or not,
And whether you all can make some kind of pedantic argument about the meaning of the word seconds.

I bought a cam pin, a mk18 buffer tube, firing pins.
These are parts i already own in multiple - the exact colt parts. They are all beautiful.
Everything this dude send me has toolmarks you can see and feel.
The skirt of the firing pin has hatch marks.
The bore of the cam pin which looks like it was drilled with a broken drill, and which looks NOTHING like my colt cam pins.
The buffer tube has bunch of small scratches and a dent in the forging on the exterior, a gouge along the rib under the finish. And the bore has tight shallow spiral groove, a deeper and very wide spiral groove, and if you stick your finger inside about 2.5" down it feels like a step about halfway around.

https://imgur.com/a/DaPbbRl

Anyone know if the threads are rolled on these?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Never ordered anything from SA, though I almost ordered a 1911.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't fucking stand that some firearms companies treat their customers like complete scum! Charge back your credit card and F him in the A!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:04:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FlamingDragon:
I can't fucking stand that some firearms companies treat their customers like complete scum! Charge back your credit card and F him in the A!
View Quote

I emailed him and he told me to check his policy and it was binding and didnt care what i think.
Then told me if i charge back he will send them my admission that i oiled the tube lmao.
CC told me due to his policy, they will just credit me a hundo. Full order cost 160 and also included 5x gas ring set and tall sight post. Id rather have gotten and my $ back and sent the parts. Now i wonder if rings are genuine cuz i dont think cam pin is, post is fine, and the rest i'd rather buy elsewhere.
So on the end he came out unscathed, but i had some fun at his expense in my replies.

And his signature reads "where quality never quits"

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:14:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#4]
Gotten bad stuff from so many vendors I wouldn't be able to order much of anything if I crossed them off a buying list. Even places that claim satisfaction can leave you holding bad parts because of who pays return shipping cost and how they give you credit for them. Thinking of Brownell's and others too based on their listed return information and some experiences.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#6]
Originally Posted By j3_:
Gotten bad stuff from so many vendors I wouldn't be able to order much of anything if I crossed them off a buying list. Even places that claim satisfaction can leave you holding bad parts because of who pays return shipping cost and how they give you credit for them. Thinking of Brownell's and others too based on their listed return information and some experiences.
View Quote

Brownells has always made me whole, but i'm pushy if i need to be. That includes shipping.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By casktcrw:

I emailed him and he told me to check his policy and it was binding and didnt care what i think.
Then told me if i charge back he will send them my admission that i oiled the tube lmao.
CC told me due to his policy, they will just credit me a hundo. Full order cost 160 and also included 5x gas ring set and tall sight post. Id rather have gotten and my $ back and sent the parts. Now i wonder if rings are genuine cuz i dont think cam pin is, post is fine, and the rest i'd rather buy elsewhere.
So on the end he came out unscathed, but i had some fun at his expense in my replies.

And his signature reads "where quality never quits"

View Quote

You bought Colt parts and were expecting them to be flawlessly machined / flawless finish still intact (no handling marks of any kind) works of art?

Then you dinked with them / removed from packaging and still expected a full refund when the guys policy clearly stated that if you did so you would NOT get a full refund??

And lastly you are still upset after the CC company 'refunded' you a little over half of your order cost AND let you keep the parts you claim were defective???

FWIW - I looked at your pictures and in my opinion most all of your complaints are trivial shit that most guys that have any experience with Colt parts would have not been worried about. Colt is not known for 'pretty' parts dude...

The ONLY part that struck me as being really rough to the point where I would have been unhappy with it was the cam pin (the bore for the firing pin). Yes, that was a little on the rough side but... No doubt that would have worked / functioned correctly and never caused any 'issues' at all. That is not an area where a silky smooth finish is required or called for on the parts in question. Was it pretty? No. Was it likely perfectly functional? Yes.

None of the DPMS cam pins I laid in on when they were on clearance for less than a buck a pop look that crappy.

Same thing with respect to the firing pins...

You have not been buying many Colt items for very long have you?

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
....by the seashore....
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
....by the seashore....
View Quote

Man, you made my day.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:36:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#10]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Man, you made my day.
View Quote

Shit Posting in the thread? No need for this. Contributes nothing.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#11]
Originally Posted By OTDR:

Shit Posting in the thread? No need for this. Contributes nothing.

https://i.imgur.com/7qextzB.jpeg
View Quote

It was most excellent. And hardly a shit post.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

You constantly follow the OP around, trolling him. You shit post in everyone of his threads, let it go dude, if your not going to post something relevant to the topic, just stop posting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:16:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#13]

You constantly follow the OP around, trolling him. You shit post in everyone of his threads, let it go dude, if your not going to post something relevant to the topic, just stop posting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wrong. I come across the threads same as any other thread title that catches my eye, any other day that I log on. The frequency and subject matter are.....unique, to say the least.

White knight all you like. It takes all sorts.

ETA: And please, show where either the content or the intention are genuinely Tech related since you seem to be so personally vested here.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]
OP has a problem with every vendor and every part.  He expects absolute perfection in everything, he is the poster child of a nightmare customer.
OP should only buy parts in person, and seek help.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:01:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#15]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
OP has a problem with every vendor and every part.  He expects absolute perfection in everything, he is the poster child of a nightmare customer.
OP should only buy parts in person, and seek help.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]
The topic has nothing to do with tech. If you have problems with a company do it privately and don't post it here, thx. I hope it gets resolved for all
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top