Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2024 9:28:27 PM EDT
I have an “old” M600DF with the KE2-DF head.

I’m looking at surefires website, and it appears for rifle lights , they’re down to a turbo and the scout pro.

Is the scout pro still the KE2-DF head?  If not , is this head even relevant anymore?

I also have two modlites, an OKW and a PLHV2 (both 18650 variants) and they blow the doors off the m600df.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 10:35:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#1]
I have mine on my 13.7 around the house gun, but I’ll probably swap it out eventually. It’s a durable head, and still very useful for a truck light or for keeping in the garage.

My handheld is a Modlite phlv2. I’ve got an original cloud rein and an Arisaka that both outperform the Surefire.

ETA: yes, unless it’s a turbo, it uses the ke2. The pro part is the body.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Scout Pro just uses the standard CR123 only head.  I believe all original DF models have been replaced by the Turbo line, which is infinitely better.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Having that Surefire 18650 battery with the micro USB charging port built in is pretty slick.  In a pinch you can use 2 CR123 batteries with a slight decrease in performance
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top