Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2024 12:18:23 PM EDT
Before I start, yes I’ve already spoke with Surefire and they said they would send me an RMA. They also said warned me that warranty issues had a large backlog and it might take some time.

This is kinda of aggravating as this light is brand new. When I first installed it I noticed that it would not work if the head was screwed onto the body too tightly. If you backed it off a smidge it worked fine. But then if you tried to switch the head from white to ir output the head would just unscrew rather than switch.

I take the rifle to the range for first time and now the head doesn’t work at all. Yes I have switched batteries,tail caps and heads with several other Surefire and Arisaka accessories to determine that it was indeed this head that is the problem. I’ve never heard of a surefire light that stopped working completely after one range session. It’s a bit concerning. Plus the fact that it’s apparently going to take “a while” to get to. Sad when you drop 400 on a light and have to immediately go back to the Streamlight TLR1 that is way cheaper and has survived 6+ years of duty use.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If the light was broken when it was new, call the vendor and ask for a return or exchange.

Paladin
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I would have except I didn’t take it out of the box for a year while I was gathering parts for the build. Also, it technically worked when I first took it out of box but completely stopped after first shooting session.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top