Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Love the updates, more pics all!
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
my build has kind of stalled , i have 3 other builds in front of it.  i've actually been thinking of moving it to help fund the builds in front of it

with F1's going as quick as they have been lately though it's got me thinking about just submitting for the stamp and bumping it up the build list and finishing it up.

here's what i've collected so far

https://i.postimg.cc/B6p1zZk7/Inked20181203_155351_LI.jpg

Good start!  Curios, is that an actual CC lower?  Can't make out the other markings besides the Diemaco D on your pic, maybe just my shitty eyes lol. Thought Diemaco/CC lowers were almost unobtanium down South? Other than the le6920 marked ones Colt had for a bit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
my build has kind of stalled , i have 3 other builds in front of it.  i've actually been thinking of moving it to help fund the builds in front of it

with F1's going as quick as they have been lately though it's got me thinking about just submitting for the stamp and bumping it up the build list and finishing it up.

here's what i've collected so far

https://i.postimg.cc/B6p1zZk7/Inked20181203_155351_LI.jpg

Good start!  Curios, is that an actual CC lower?  Can't make out the other markings besides the Diemaco D on your pic, maybe just my shitty eyes lol. Thought Diemaco/CC lowers were almost unobtanium down South? Other than the le6920 marked ones Colt had for a bit.
View Quote
the lower and upper receivers are from the one's elucidate did , i believe there's some better pics back on page 1 or 2
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the lower and upper receivers are from the one's elucidate did , i believe there's some better pics back on page 1 or 2
View Quote
Ah, the custom engraved 80%s.  Sorry, completely forgot about those.
It's cool to see the interest in our little version of America's rifle, even the version that went to the SAS. (Always found CANSOF's models to be cooler personally, though info and pics are super scarse).
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Any reason the L119A2 thread got archived?   Just not enough posts/interest?  Hopefully this one keeps going, the two threads have a lot of interesting details.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It is unfortunate that the L119A2 forum got archived. My builds are coming along very slowly, and I haven't had any important updates as of late. I was kinda hoping to post images of the Kenyan terrorist attack that happened a while back with the SAS operative with his L119A2 build.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It is unfortunate that the L119A2 forum got archived. My builds are coming along very slowly, and I haven't had any important updates as of late. I was kinda hoping to post images of the Kenyan terrorist attack that happened a while back with the SAS operative with his L119A2 build.
View Quote
Might be time to merge that thread into this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Might be time to merge that thread into this?
View Quote
I guess the L119A2 is the "Block II" of the British Mk.18 family, so why not?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice to see the merger.  Should see if we can import over some of the info that got posted there.  Some of the exposee's on the minor part differences were interesting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice to see the merger.  Should see if we can import over some of the info that got posted there.  Some of the exposee's on the minor part differences were interesting.
View Quote
I'll copy some stuff over later, plus I have some updates. It's great to see so much interest in such a little distribution variation of the AR15
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Long time lurker here but I have to say the L119 series of rifles is one of the most interesting service guns out there.

Thanks for bringing some light to these little known gems!

Greetings from Germany
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up that LaRue tactical RISR for $20 after seeing the SAS photo. Pretty neat piece of hardware.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll copy some stuff over later, plus I have some updates. It's great to see so much interest in such a little distribution variation of the AR15
View Quote
Haha, it's always nice to be able to post about Colt Canada.  We don't have much going for us up here in terms of firearms, so anything that makes anyone south of the St. Lawrence jealous is a good thing.
Working on more of a CANSOF style clone, but when I get it closer to finished maybe I'll post up the pictures for comparisons sake.  They did some interesting things differently than the SAS' L119 series.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Above is the replacement for the L119A1, the L119A2. Original patent for the upper owned by LMT, rifle created by Colt Canada.

This guy's setup is interesting, the Sig Romeo 4T red dot, Old Surefire M620 with the filter and a Larue RISR seem to be where he deviated from 'as issued'.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://i67.tinypic.com/n35jt5.png

Above is the replacement for the L119A1, the L119A2. Original patent for the upper owned by LMT, rifle created by Colt Canada.

This guy's setup is interesting, the Sig Romeo 4T red dot, Old Surefire M620 with the filter and a Larue RISR seem to be where he deviated from 'as issued'.
View Quote
Just watched the British 6 Days movie.   This guy is a far cry from the 1980's SAS.  His sling set up is interesting too.  Almost looks like paracord tied to a zap strap around the buttstock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just watched the British 6 Days movie.   This guy is a far cry from the 1980's SAS.  His sling set up is interesting too.  Almost looks like paracord tied to a zap strap around the buttstock.
View Quote
Its a Proctor WOTG sling
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
More pictures:

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Here are some pictures of the L119A2 Upper.

This is the barrel.
Notice the barrel itself is marked with the magnetic particle testing 'MP' the maker 'CC' and a batch code.
The extension also has it's own batch code.
The part of the barrel behind the gas block also has some kind of coating on it

Here is a close up of the front markings.
The barrel is 10"

This is the upper, barrel and gas block. Notice the straight gas tube, this increases gas tube life

The barrel has two flats to ensure the gas block fits perfectly and cannot rotate off center. The gas block is held by two screws and is not pinned in place.

The grenade launcher lug has a screw that goes into the lug and actually ends up passing up through a slot in the barrel nut, preventing the barrel nut from coming lose. Interestingly this is an American screw, 8/32. I expected metric.

There is a heat shield inside of the rail, this gun gets surprisingly hot, so it is needed

The Colt Canada Charging handle, note the ambi latch

Here you can see the NATO marking plus the forge mark, the interesting shaped pivot pin area and the hole for a roll pin just above the barrel nut

Another example of the Colt Canada superior engineering vs Colt USA, the CC upper has a steel insert for the charging handle

Bottom of upper showing no lower T markings, and holes to allow the gas block to be tightened in place.

Top of upper showing T markings

Flash Hider is the Surefire FH556-216A, current production shown

Suppressor is the 556SA
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Its a Proctor WOTG sling
View Quote
Ha, I knew that was paracord.  Nice sling though.  Thanks for moving over the picture set on the upper and barrel assembly.  That barrel is super short, might be the shortest issued barrel I've seen, less the AKS74Us.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]
A tad bit unrelated, but I am posting to keep this forum going. I managed to source some more Diemaco parts for the build, but I have delayed the build project for having to pay off car repair costs. Despite being repaid the deductible due to having the right away, I still had to sink some funds to the car.

I recently got this in the package from a buddy of mine. He sent me an AR-15 torque wrench adapter straight from the Diemaco factory, or now Colt Canada. Obviously this is an older one because of "DIEMACO" engraved on it. I thought this would be interesting to share.

Link Posted: 3/6/2019 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#21]
/\ pretty cool

i picked up a few more small parts for my build.  scored a fsp and a grey mag button , also picked up a colt grey anno'd delta ring pack.  i thought i had a stag large tick safety but apparently not so i'm still looking for one of those

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Well I got the 15.7 from the british overrun contract and Nordic Arms actually ordered more uppers so I was able to pick up it's little brother 10" upper. I'll post pics of them when the 10" arrives.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Better pictures to follow

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Airsoft or real?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Disregard.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Airsoft or real?
View Quote
Oh, they're definitely real alright.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh, they're definitely real alright.
View Quote
Interesting. How did you manage to obtain them?
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Elucidate,

How did you get that model of Sig Romeo4?  I've been perusing Sig's catalogs after the Kenya attack and haven't been able to find it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Elucidate,

How did you get that model of Sig Romeo4?  I've been perusing Sig's catalogs after the Kenya attack and haven't been able to find it.
View Quote
Sig Romeo 4T, I have some, drop me a msg
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Active SF borrowed my L119A2 to have a play.

To be fair, we both preferred his 10.3" URGI overall.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, aside from what I mentioned to you previously not that much more since. Range time for me is pretty limited right now...
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#35]
PSA is asking for what clone lowers people want, you may want to make your voices heard.

All,

So we have been talking about it at PSA, and now you guys have been bringing it up. What other lowers in the clone series do you want to see? M16A2 and what else?

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
Linky
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]
wish i can find a 10" upper
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/NDdQA9A.jpg
View Quote
how!!! Ive tried emailing a fellow in texas who has pictures of these rifles on his website and claims he can get colt canada parts. he never responded :(
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To close out the subject of the British Diemaco 1913 rail versus what you can make from US parts, here are some pictures of a John Brace modified upper against an actual real issued British upper.

Here is the front, showing the aforementioned slight offset between where the slots begin. These uppers are aligned perfectly both front and rear to illustrate exact differences.

http://i65.tinypic.com/23h6tsi.png

Here is a close up of the rear, showing the John Brace rear scallop perfectly matches the UK issue rear scallop and the additional slot milled into the rear.

http://i67.tinypic.com/24y0d48.png

Here is a zoomed out overall view

http://i67.tinypic.com/23ubptx.png

The upper used here is a standard M4 upper which I procured in the raw so that the anodizing would be perfect. Before it was anodized I sent it to John Brace along with the original, hence the as close as possible results. The only real difference is the new upper has M4 cuts in the upper, thus it actually works better with US barrels.
View Quote
All UK rails are Nato spec rails. Colt Canada adapted it a few years ago. Everything manufactured now is supposed to be Nato spec rails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Accessory_Rail

Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
wish i can find a 10" upper
View Quote
Keep track of Nordic Marksman on CGN. The contract surplus IUR's ran out but they order more. The 10" I got was a newly manufactured one from CC.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I recently bought a NIB SA15.7 upper receiver assembly (no handguards, no BCG, no CH) off of a buddy...

Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#41]
How well will an LMT Enhanced BCG function in an SA15.7? In a 15.7" IUR?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How well will an LMT Enhanced BCG function in an SA15.7? In a 15.7" IUR?
View Quote
Should run fine. Like any other quality bolt.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks, TinyPic
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/jSfPw4b.jpg

Active SF borrowed my L119A2 to have a play.

To be fair, we both preferred his 10.3" URGI overall.
View Quote
God, I love Marathon watches.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top