Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2024 11:55:19 PM EDT
Gentlemen, The Pangris is here for your best yet build -

https://craddockprecision.com/rtr-6-5-grendel-13-9-the-pangris/

I have no financial interest in these. I've know Paul Craddock since the White Oak days, and apparently after 10 years of buying Grendel barrels and sending him my friends, he's named a line after me.

Available in .625" ultra light as well as .750" - these are everything a boy could want for a general purpose, light weight, if I could only have one kinda rifle - as you might guess, this is my kinda barrel.

Reviews coming ASAP!
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 1:13:01 AM EDT
[#1]
not 20" enough.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:48:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pangris] [#2]
I currently have a 20" and 12.5". I wanted the 13.9"s to avoid SBR issues on new builds for my sons.  Primary application is whacking pork at our place in TX.

I'm far from the last word in Grendels, but the velocity gap between a 12.5" and 20" is 250-300 FPS.  The trend is toward shorter barrels and lighter bullets. The new 100 gr off the shelf stuffis producing 6mm ARC ish numbers and there are ultralights in development that will get you 3000 fps + out of a 13.9".

While I often tote my 20" into the field if I'm going to sit over an area where a 500-600 yard shot might manifest, I don't sweat my 12.5" at - all. They shoot fist sized groups at 300 yards which is fine for my location on average, and are still carrying over 900 ft/lbs at 300 - and that is with Factory Hornady 123 SST as chrono'd in real world.

So, I respectfully point out that while I myself use a 20" in some applications, the 13.9 is likely more the direction the market is going.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't want to F with P/W, and velocity matters.  I also would prefer 16", and up!
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If Craddock builds it, I think its $40 to P/W. Yields the shortest possible situation for no stamp with a can, and it is all the Grendel needs as a launching pad for 90% of applications
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pangris:
If Craddock builds it, I think its $40 to P/W. Yields the shortest possible situation for no stamp with a can, and it is all the Grendel needs as a launching pad for 90% of applications
View Quote

No "can" either so no reason to go shorter than 16" of actual useable barrel.  I have a hankering for a Grendel, but would prefer 20" for velocity.  I would consider 16" or 18" tho, if that was all that was available.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

No "can" either so no reason to go shorter than 16" of actual useable barrel.  I have a hankering for a Grendel, but would prefer 20" for velocity.  I would consider 16" or 18" tho, if that was all that was available.
View Quote

This is relevant to me. We have a 16" minimum length for hunting. I was considering building a Grendel for it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top