Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2024 1:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vesticles]
Some of the parts I've had just sitting in the safe awhile, so I ordered up the rest and put this together.

Ballistic Advantage upper & lower
Ballistic Advantage 12.5" barrel, 308
Superlative adjustable gas block
Aero Precision Atlas R-One 12.7"
Aero Precision bcg
Armaspec Stealth recoil spring
Radian Rapter SD charging handle
Radian safety
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Vortex Viper PST2 1-6 MRAD in a Reptilia mount
Rex Silentium MG7 308, Xeno mount & flash hider

I haven't had a chance to sight it in yet, but I have shot it to get the Superlative gas block dialed in. Gonna get out next weekend to sight it in.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it!  I’m curious what the velocity loss/ammo considerations look like. I’m thinking about how the 5.56 selection narrows considerably with shorter barrels, but I know that 556 is more sensitive to velocity as to whether it performs as desired.

Will you sbr it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Will you sbr it?
View Quote

Eventually... we'll see after I get more time behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
12.5" 308 is awesome. I always love a chance to trot out pics of my POF Rogue 308 sbr.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 3:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ampclamp] [#5]
Very similar 308, except being in NJ I can't SBR it or own a suppressor. Has to remain a Non-NFA Other.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
been thinking about something like this...please let us know how that barrel is both accuracy and gas.  I avoided BA barrels (went criterion) due to reading about the gas port size being too small.

Thanks, looks nice!
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have a 16” rifle length gas ar10 but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to build a 12.5” for some reason.. They just look good lol.

I hope that BA barrel is a shooter.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top