Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2024 12:03:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:03:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#1]
Synopsis for those that don't have the attention span to watch a video?

Edit: Jamming to some music at the moment and don't want to listen to someone talk.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Edit: Jamming to some music at the moment and don't want to listen to someone talk.
View Quote

WTF Shane... it says in the post title
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By French1966:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

So that’s preventing you from posting a synopsis for those who don’t want to give your video any clicks?
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 1:26:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#4]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:

So that’s preventing you from posting a synopsis for those who don’t want to give your video any clicks?
View Quote

You think that's my video?

Not sure about you but I come here to share information, not start meaningless petty arguments. Move along if you don't want to watch the video, because I am not going to type out the video dialog as if you are hearing impaired.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#5]

because I am not going to type out the video dialog as if you are hearing impaired.
View Quote

You do understand the difference between a synopsis and a transcript, no?

I’ve not had these issues with my Axon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

View Quote

"These issues"?

Can you write a synopsis of what you gathered from watching the video?

It will go a long way to helping the impaired folks
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
JFC…

- Light will flicker
- Light will sometimes be half-bright
- Laser activates with very little pressure on button
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]

"These issues"?

View Quote

It’s hard to tell if you’re dense or just trolling.

Either way, I’m out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]

"These issues"?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Luny421:

"These issues"?

Imagine the discussion that could have happened if you hadn’t been too lazy to add a few sentences. And you’re calling others “impaired”?

Good luck in life. You’ll need it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:44:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#10]

Imagine the discussion that could have happened if you hadn’t been too lazy to add a few sentences. And you’re calling others “impaired”?

View Quote

I don't have to write paragraphs for people

You don't have to watch a video that gets posted

But which is laziest? Me not writing you a paragraph on command, or your unwillingness to push the play button on a YouTube video?
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#11]

But which is laziest? Me not writing you a paragraph on command, or your unwillingness to push the play button on a YouTube video?
View All Quotes

Some adults can read faster than the video can play. Why can’t you?
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:37:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Some adults can read faster than the video can play. Why can’t you?
View Quote

You sir are a badass. I concede
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ZoomieFoosh:
JFC…

- Light will flicker

View Quote

These are lifelong issues with the SF plug.

My guess is that's exactly why they developed the gascap.  I've had issues with this with both Surefire OEM switches, and Unity using the SF plug.  

Only difference is, Unity replaced the switches when there was an issue.

I now use the gascaps, and have had ZERO issues with flickering or loss of power.  So much so that I have switched all of my lights to them.  Great stuff.

Can't speak to the laser button issue.  If I want it on, I press it....if I don't, my finger isn't anywhere near it, regardless my Unity switches don't take any more or less pressure than OEM L3 pads, so who knows.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I think the idea is that on a discussion forum, some people like a little discussion to go with a video they post.  

Anyone can watch the video, yes.  Posting a little insight to go with it however makes it more interesting.

I also don't think its as big of a deal to just post the video as some here do, but hey it is what it is.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 5:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#15]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I think the idea is that on a discussion forum, some people like a little discussion to go with a video they post.  

Anyone can watch the video, yes.  Posting a little insight to go with it however makes it more interesting.

I also don't think its as big of a deal to just post the video as some here do, but hey it is what it is.
View All Quotes

I don't quite understand the mentality that the poster has to have some dog in the fight when they share information. And me dropping a video here as my way of sharing information shouldn't be enough to trigger people. It reflects their character whenever they materialize an argument from thin air, they just must be negative people.

Imagine for a moment you demonizing someone because they didn't post anything other than a video

I posted it so that others could chime in if they have similar issues. I don't always need to dominate the discussion, as I do a lot of other in depth technical discussions on what I specialize in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ZoomieFoosh:
JFC…

- Light will flicker
View Quote

THANK YOU!

About the 3rd thing you mentioned, it's a fault of the internal construction of the contacts. I have an AXON that I haven't messed around with much, but my dual lead ModButton Lite does this a lot. You need to give the momentary button a proper mash down to activate both devices.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#17]

These are lifelong issues with the SF plug.

My guess is that's exactly why they developed the gascap.  I've had issues with this with both Surefire OEM switches, and Unity using the SF plug.  

Only difference is, Unity replaced the switches when there was an issue.

I now use the gascaps, and have had ZERO issues with flickering or loss of power.  So much so that I have switched all of my lights to them.  Great stuff.

Can't speak to the laser button issue.  If I want it on, I press it....if I don't, my finger isn't anywhere near it, regardless my Unity switches don't take any more or less pressure than OEM L3 pads, so who knows.
View Quote

This is exactly the reason we developed the GASCAP/LINK system.  I've trusted my life to SF for over two decades and used carried their products through multiple wars.  They make one of the best lights with the reputation and pedigree to back it up.  That said, the plug/port hasn't changed in almost 30 years.  As lights became brighter with higher lumen/candela, several issues have become increasingly experienced by professional and commercial end-users - light flicker, power loss, light dimming, or even no output unless the plug is pushed back in or rotated in the port.  This has been a known issue experienced by every professional end user I've met, when using a remote switch.

The only 100% COA was to not use a remote switch.  But this is not always an option as it severely limits the options for weapon set-up.  

We developed the first MILSPEC/small arms-capable USB-C system to remedy this.  GASCAP replaces any SF Scout-type body (Surefire, Modlite, Cloud legacy body, etc) and provides an onboard clicky button and a transverse USB-C port.  This routes the cable from the AXON switch in a way that does not present a loop off the back or dangerously exposes the strain relief to physical impact.  Due to the circuit and the electronics in the LINK system, you don't get the flicker/light loss issues found in legacy connectors.  It greatly increases the reliability of the system.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one and no issues, but I hate unity's trend of putting out a great product concept and making it with cheap shitty plastic.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
I have one and no issues, but I hate unity's trend of putting out a great product concept and making it with cheap shitty plastic.
View Quote

Have you broken any?
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Have you broken any?
View Quote

Yes, I broke the shitty side bracket to the mount and had to get it replaced. Just like I broke their helmet camera mount almost immediately after putting it on.

Their stuff is usually a game changing idea with horrible manufacturing. I would pay double for a similar product with better quality.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Yes, I broke the shitty side bracket to the mount and had to get it replaced. Just like I broke their helmet camera mount almost immediately after putting it on.

Their stuff is usually a game changing idea with horrible manufacturing. I would pay double for a similar product with better quality.
View Quote
We pride ourselves on quality design and manufacturing with top level materials.  The KNUCKL was an early product from a long time ago.  Lots of lessons have been learned since.  The AXON is currently in use in warzones across the globe by everyone from SMU's to GPF units and LE.  It's molded from impact-resistant, glass-reinforced polymer (same as used by most every other product in the category).  Feel free to shoot me a DM and I will personally make sure any issues you are experiencing are rectified.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Is it possible you over torqued one of the screws?  I know the recommended value isn't very high, to the point I feel I'm doing something wrong when putting one on
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Sad they discontinued the Hot button
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I have one and no issues...

...making it with cheap shitty plastic.
View Quote

My first impression as well, immediately after opening the package. Same impression with the Gascap. Much cheaper to manu with plastic vs aluminum, I suppose. $225 of high-speed plastic bits and a mini-USB on a cord.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Sad they discontinued the Hot button
View Quote

Agree. Hot Button was the best button.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top