Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2024 3:03:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Abacab]
Do these exist anywhere for your basic 30 round magazine? I'm looking to do some engraving and parkerizing to match the parkerized mags but as far as I can tell no one sells such a thing. At best you can find a rebuild kit with aluminum floor plates which sadly won't work for me; and I need 60 of them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
ASC and Duramag make stainless steel magazines.
ASC has an aluminum floor plate.
Duramag has some sort of ferrous plate. It attracts a magnet but to a much lesser degree than the stainless body.

I also checked a crappy painted steel mag.
The floor plate is ferrous, but thin and soft.
It is stamped "Made in Korea" with no markings on the body.

The only unmarked floor plates I have seen are aluminum Center Industries.

If you find a source for floor plates of any type, please post the info here.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Abacab:
Do these exist anywhere for your basic 30 round magazine? I'm looking to do some engraving and parkerizing to match the parkerized mags but as far as I can tell no one sells such a thing. At best you can find a rebuild kit with aluminum floor plates which sadly won't work for me; and I need 60 of them.
View Quote

For the quantity you need, have you tried contacting a magazine company directly? (D&H, ASC, etc.)  They may be willing to sell you bare ones discretely.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a few but gave them away to a member. I have a couple left but they are still attached to a mag.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 12:38:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rescue43] [#4]
Edited. Realized you wanted them unmarked.
Link Posted: 10/17/2024 4:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: magwizard] [#5]
Originally Posted By Abacab:
View Quote

hey dude i was scrolling in EE and found unmarked plates unsure if they are steel or not https://www.ar15.com/exchange/topicEE.html?t=2477929&f=24&type=1
Link Posted: 10/19/2024 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
they are out there , i have a 20 round thats old ,has the metal follower , unmarked floor plate
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top