Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2024 6:03:05 PM EDT
I could not see where asking was a no no in the rules but if it is sorry, delete

I am not selling this I am not offering this so do not IM me I will not ship it

I have a crate of 2 sealed tins of Hungarian 7.62X54R ammo 880 rounds and I have done searches for it and it seems it is no longer available anywhere

I do not shoot 7.62X54R and will not be getting a Mosin Nagant but want to know its value to trade it locally (again, not offering it)

I would also like to know how it rates with other 7.62X54R like Russian, Yugo, Romanian etc

This may be a gray area topic and I will not be offended if it goes poof but would ask you be saying how and where I can ask to ascertain its quality and comparative value
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Right now the cans are in the wooden crate which requires pulling apart but the Hungarian letters are enough to know nationality.

I have searched and it seems the cheapest with shipping and tax is over 60 cents. I won't remind us of how cheap that was back when, sad

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the Hungarian (heavy ball, I think) had 'problems' with somewhat brittle primers...

I had a friend who shot some in a PSL (yeah, I know what it was designed for) and every few rounds would result in a piece of primer blowing back into the firing pin hole, the fixing of which required the bolt to be torn down to eject the piece of primer...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steepdrop] [#4]
This may help You OP

https://thinlineweapons.com/7.62x54r/7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmoIDII.html#Hungary

https://www.308ammo.com/HUNGARIAN-SURPLUS-7-62X54R-HEAVY-BALL-p/hs76254r21.htm
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top