Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2021 10:33:10 PM EDT
I have been using this for a month or so. Easy to use, and I'm using it for bullet trajectory 0 to 50 to 200 yards. It seems to be accurate
but given I'm new to the AR world, I thought I would ask about other easy to use calculators that you like.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I use hornady on my phone for quick calcs. Its a free app and I do use a lot hornady bullets anyway.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use hornady on my phone for quick calcs. Its a free app and I do use a lot hornady bullets anyway.
View Quote

The 2 I purchased and use are Sierra Infinity 7 and Ballistic Explorer. Another decent freebie online calc is Shooters Calculator .
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the free version of Strelok+.  

It is an extremely robust and easy to use ballistic app.  It can be as basic or detailed as you desire.  The Pro version is only $10 dollars.   It not only calculates holdover or hold off and such at various distances, but generates charts and "dope" cards.  It has a "through the scope" feature for hundreds of scopes and reticles both first and second focal plane scopes.

It also has preloaded BC for many different specific bullets, can connect to other apps you have loaded to take into consideration altitude, temperature, barometric pressure and such.  Can calculate and compensate for spin drift based on velocity and barrel twist rate.

While many features mean little at only 200 yards, they can make a huge difference when you move out to longer distances, or even at 100-200 yards when shooting .22LR match ammo.

Check it out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It is an extremely robust and easy to use ballistic app.  It can be as basic or detailed as you desire.  The Pro version is only $10 dollars.   It not only calculates holdover or hold off and such at various distances, but generates charts and "dope" cards.  It has a "through the scope" feature for hundreds of scopes and reticles both first and second focal plane scopes.

It also has preloaded BC for many different specific bullets, can connect to other apps you have loaded to take into consideration altitude, temperature, barometric pressure and such.  Can calculate and compensate for spin drift based on velocity and barrel twist rate.

While many features mean little at only 200 yards, they can make a huge difference when you move out to longer distances, or even at 100-200 yards when shooting .22LR match ammo.

Check it out.
View Quote

I have the Pro. Pretty sweet. Wish they'd move away from FB. I also use a chronograph which I really appreciate. So far I haven't hit it at distance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Check it out.
View Quote

Ill second this. Strelok generates very good dope with the caveat that your inputs need to be precise. It matters very little at 200 but get out to triple that range or more and it will get you very close with ease.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top