Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2024 11:40:53 AM EDT
Like title says, I'm wanting some USGI mag couplers. Can't find any in stock.

Only needing/wanting around 6 couplers, at least for now. Anybody got a line on finding some to order?

I've done a few homemade couplers with the old piece of wood and gorilla tape, but they're kinda wonky and I want better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks @Nobody69s, I've been on Ebay looking also and most ALL couplers say they're for Airsoft and that leaves me with much caution.

This might just be a back door escape to throw off the not-sees, which I understand.  

If you know which USGI couplers is capable to handle the weight of 30 rounder mags, please point the seller(s) out that I can order from. I want a "buy it now" seller if possible.

I also have a friend who needs couplers and we're both running into OOS, Discontinued and such, don't know who to get from with In-stock purchase, without being Magpul or Lancer.

Thanks,
TM
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, @TGWLDR. I found them last night and signed up. They're OOS also on USGI couplers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Triumphman:
Thanks, @TGWLDR. I found them last night and signed up. They're OOS also on USGI couplers.
View Quote

Missed the OOS notation. My bad.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Triumphman:
Thanks @Nobody69s, I've been on Ebay looking also and most ALL couplers say they're for Airsoft and that leaves me with much caution.

This might just be a back door escape to throw off the not-sees, which I understand.  

If you know which USGI couplers is capable to handle the weight of 30 rounder mags, please point the seller(s) out that I can order from. I want a "buy it now" seller if possible.

I also have a friend who needs couplers and we're both running into OOS, Discontinued and such, don't know who to get from with In-stock purchase, without being Magpul or Lancer.

Thanks,
TM
View Quote
@Triumphman
Looks like these ones are in stock and will fit a pmag or usgi.
https://www.aeonfawkes.com/Thor-Defense-MMH-Clamp-p/gp-mmhc.htm
I can't vouch for the company as I've never ordered from them.

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triumphman] [#7]
Thanks @Nobody69s

I tried filling out an order, but wouldn't let me get past shipping address. I'm giving them a call on Monday w/the phone contact # on website to see what's up and maybe by phone I can get some couplers.

UPDATE:

While waiting I went onto sites for "legit or scam" and got some interesting answers. While website is up and appears running, the owner hasn't answered Emails in over a year. Phone # on business scam/legit sites show the phone is locked, employees hired at company is locked, and other info, but address is still shows in information.

Unfortunate as the owner is(was) a disabled Vet from company profile.

Looks like I need to keep looking for couplers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Shitty man.
I tried.
Good luck on the hunt!
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#9]
BobRoberts
Excellent, reliable seller

Mag Grip magazine couplers

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/topicEE.html?t=2454219&f=24&type=1

Link Posted: 10/17/2024 3:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triumphman] [#10]
Thanks everyone. While looking around I found some couplers on ProMags site.

I know they have a some problems and reviews on their magazines, which I do have a couple and they work for me. I saw the couplers were made here in USA, so giving them a try. Should be here this weekend.

If they don't work, I'll let y'all know.

EDIT 10/25:

Got the mag couplers from ProMag. Seem well built/polymer and have to use (2) couplers per the staggered magazines to help with the weight and not let magazines sag to an angle when storing or while under recoil, like they do when taped together with a wood block between(for those DIY mag wraps). I like that. You get (4) couplers per bag/order, so order several bags if you want to do more than two coupling of magazines. Lifetime warranty and #PM016B. Made for AR15 and Mini 14.

Good tight fit on the magazines and the coupling screw is made of steel and anodized in black, BUT one thing I thought of, is when under recoils, the screw might back out some, so I'm gonna get a few nylok nuts and cinch down to hold that screw in position to not back out at any time.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top