Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2018 6:27:12 PM EDT
Can someone point me to someone who can do custom vinyl stencils for electro-engraving logos and lettering? I prefer the style that uses adhesive and sticks on the firearm where you are doing the etching to minimize bleed-out.
There had been mention here of an outfit in California (Dogfight Ink) who offered these stencils. I ordered one and it worked out quite well. But I can’t get any further response to my emails about having them do more work for me. So now I’m looking for someone else who can do some stencils for me from my supplied artwork. Thanks!
Bill M.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dogfight Ink, Phil has done custom stuff for me. Edit to add, be patient. It took him a few days to a week to get back to me a couple of occasions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can someone point me to someone who can do custom vinyl stencils for electro-engraving logos and lettering? I prefer the style that uses adhesive and sticks on the firearm where you are doing the etching to minimize bleed-out.
There had been mention here of an outfit in California (Dogfight Ink) who offered these stencils. I ordered one and it worked out quite well. But I can’t get any further response to my emails about having them do more work for me. So now I’m looking for someone else who can do some stencils for me from my supplied artwork. Thanks!
Bill M.
View Quote
I ran into the same thing

First stencils from dogfight were awesome.

Tried to order a second set later, and noticed all the Colt stencils were gone from the website.

Now, no response from emails.

I'm teaching my self how to make my own now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, you're right. The whole Colt series is gone! It hasn't been more than a month since I got my 607 decal, I wonder if Colt sent a cease and desist? If so, that really sucks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Re: Dogfight Ink— I’ve been trying to contact him about some custom stencils since the middle of December. No response to my emails.
My first order worked out great so I wanted to see about getting some custom stencils made from my artwork. Having no response, I was hoping to find another source.
Bill M.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, you're right. The whole Colt series is gone! It hasn't been more than a month since I got my 607 decal, I wonder if Colt sent a cease and desist? If so, that really sucks!
View Quote
It corresponded to the release of the Colt reproduction rifles.  Maybe they did?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Last night I sent another email to Dogfight Ink. Still hoping I’ll get a response.
Bill M.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent an email last night about the colt stencils, and this morning I got a link to them.  I know last night I looked all around that site, but could not find any with the Colt markings.  It appears that they are up now.  I think I might just buy a few, that way I have them on hand.

Ron
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I sent an email last night about the colt stencils, and this morning I got a link to them.  I know last night I looked all around that site, but could not find any with the Colt markings.  It appears that they are up now.  I think I might just buy a few, that way I have them on hand.

Ron
View Quote
You have to have the link. It's not public on the site.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You have to have the link. It's not public on the site.
View Quote
That makes sense.  I just ordered a few stencils to have around.  It should be fun etching these.  I have done circuit boards before, and some electroplating, but this will be the first time I have done etching with professional stencils.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I use  my local sign company https://www.oregonsigncompany.com/ , any place that does vinyl
signs should be able to make decals.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Mattel stencil for my A2 Middy.

I will buy more!
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:56:49 AM EDT
[#12]
That's great that they still have Colt Stencils, I need to order a few myself.  Can someone please PM or E-mail me the link?  Just afraid I wouldn't get a response from them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:47:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Earlier, I received a response from Phil at Dogfight Ink. He is willing to look at making me some custom stencils from my artwork.
By the way, for those saying they are going to order some Colt stencils from Dogfight Ink, you will be pleased. The set I ordered worked perfectly for me.
Bill M.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes ,  Colt is sending cease and desist letters out.
I was interested in sending an unmarked lower to a company called ARLASAR who had an awesome colt clone engraving. The links on the net that go the their site now show that the page is gone. I emailed their customer service and they verified that yesterday Jan 31 they received a cease and desist letter from colt. I am sure they are cracking down all over.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Are the stencils reusable?

Can someone send me the link for the Colt stencils?  I would like to grab a couple before they are banned.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top