Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2018 4:47:18 AM EDT
I want to get a HK416 stripped upper receiver and a lower Anodizied to match Geissele HK Tan/Gold/FDE, Super Modular Rail HK ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Geissele has a disclaimer that states the color of the DDC can and will vary from batch to batch.
Having all three pieces re-anodized would be the only way to ensue you don’t end up with varied shades of “fde”
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele has a disclaimer that states the color of the DDC can and will vary from batch to batch.
Having all three pieces re-anodized would be the only way to ensue you don’t end up with varied shades of “fde”
View Quote
Troof.

From day one, when that color came out in the earlier MK rails, we all had a shade different.  It is the same even today, some have copper look to them, some are much lighter.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The HK416 upper is about 4-6k, and the HK rails about 400-500 bucks. If you can spend that much money, then getting it anodized again wouldn't be any issue.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Troof.

From day one, when that color came out in the earlier MK rails, we all had a shade different.  It is the same even today, some have copper look to them, some are much lighter.
View Quote
Some people like the slight variances in the different colors, some don’t.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Some people like the slight variances in the different colors, some don't.
View Quote
I'm a 50 shades of fde guy myself
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nothing wrong with that......I love the four shades of FDE on the M9A3
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some people like the slight variances in the different colors
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troof.

Some people like the slight variances in the different colors
I declare, that I am one of them
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was waiting for this one...at one time my OCD would not allow different colors, but now, I like it.

I now know my OCD is being cured, I rattle canned a truck gun and found a mistake I made, part of me wanted to correct it, but I said FI, it is a rattle can truck gun.

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
@CloneDiseased may have an idea as he nailed his 416 project.

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the different shades, but if all things are equal they really shouldn't happen that way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@CloneDiseased may have an idea as he nailed his 416 project.

https://i.imgur.com/5Mbw0Tt.jpg
View Quote
Damn!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the different shades, like the Eotech different shades. What Brand name of gold rail is the eotech and 3x magnifier?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love the different shades, like the Eotech different shades. What Brand name of gold rail is the eotech and 3x magnifier?
View Quote
Wilcox
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Not even they can
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, McGoo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Ask this guy on IG, hes got a better looking darker tan vs the others ive seen.

https://www.instagram.com/tan_rifle/
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks, McGoo.
View Quote
Won't find them for sale, unless it's third party used and you're willing to part with your firstborn.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks, McGoo.
View Quote

Quoted:

Won't find them for sale, unless it's third party used and you're willing to part with your firstborn.
View Quote
It’s one of those things where if you gotta ask the price, then you can’t afford it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Who does Anodizing in that color?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who does Anodizing in that color?
View Quote
Sorry,.....   US Anodizing
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#21]
@Lawdog-1 the anodizing and accessories on my HK are an attempt at cloning a specific variant of USMIL HK416D.  The anodizing does not match/resemble Geissele's Sand/DDC outcomes.

The real guns:

My clone:

The basics are 1) a 7075 aluminum alloy base, and 2) anodizing at a Type 3 Class 1 specification.  Again, it won't match the Geissele products.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I won a Brand New Complete HK MR556 Match Grade Lower Receiver off of Gun Broker and should get it on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@Lawdog-1 the anodizing and accessories on my HK are an attempt at cloning a specific variant of USMIL HK416D.  The anodizing does not match/resemble Geissele's Sand/DDC outcomes.

The real guns:

https://i.imgur.com/GkDje05.png

https://i.imgur.com/IggeONC.png

My clone:

https://i.imgur.com/6f0k41S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0soGIEb.jpg

The basics are 1) a 7075 aluminum alloy base, and 2) anodizing at a Type 3 Class 1 specification.  Again, it won't match the Geissele products.
View Quote
I think the blended anodizing looks far better than being one color. That's truly a sick stick.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I plan on Building a HK 416 Upper with 10.0 SS Coated barrel in a black color and a FA HK 416 BCG and and last adding a Geissele HK Tan rail. And getting the stripped Upper Receiver and stripped lower Anodized together and throw a Geissele SSA trigger group in the lower.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
@Lawdog-1 you'll need the Geissele HK MR trigger group or another flat-faced high trigger to use with the HK upper. The SSA unfortunately is not compatible. If you're looking for an option that won't break the bank but isn't all that bad - consider ALG Defense's Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT).
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:10:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I read some on HKPro.com if you take the Firing Pin Safety out the SAA Hammer will work. Not sure if that is true?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]
The KAC 2 stage is a good option if you’re using an MR556 URG.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I read some on HKPro.com if you take the Firing Pin Safety out the SAA Hammer will work. Not sure if that is true?
View Quote
IMO youre already spending $$$$ on this project, just spend a little more and get a trigger group that will work instead of modifying safety components.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#29]
My Lower does not include a manual or Take Down Tool for the front & read take down Pins. I will buy the Geissele HK MR556 Trigger. And take the Magpul rear stock off that comes on the Competiton modelI am not sure what stock I want on it. I have a couple Brand new B5 SOPMOD stocks in FDE , a copy of LMT SOPMOD stock and one B5 in Multicam and a FDE NEW BCM stock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I would Love to get a HK416 Manual just to own one and dream I could legally own a HK416, 10.0"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top