Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2024 3:43:00 PM EDT
I was browsing a site online that sells parts kits from used guns and spotted this Trigger/Hammer assembly that has similarities to some other manufactures triggers but doesn't seem to match any trigger hammer set I recall seeing before:
Attachment Attached File

Judging by the rest of the rifle kit, it came out of someone's personal build as the parts are a mix of brands.

@TGWLDR  - Your memory is a vault of knowledge along these lines so I'm @'ing you to see if you recognize it

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
I was browsing a site online that sells parts kits from used guns and spotted this Trigger/Hammer assembly that has similarities to some other manufactures triggers but doesn't seem to match any trigger hammer set I recall seeing before:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114798/Unknown_Trigger_Manufacture_jpg-3260628.JPG

Judging by the rest of the rifle kit, it came out of someone's personal build as the parts are a mix of brands.

@TGWLDR  - Your memory is a vault of knowledge along these lines so I'm @'ing you to see if you recognize it

Thanks
View Quote

They look like the BTI parts from yesteryear that were for the M&P 15 that were recalled.

https://www.recoilweb.com/recall-bti-mp-ar15-rifle-lower-parts-kit-129447.html

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/15/bti-recalls-mp-ar-15-lower-parts-kit-complete/
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, and makes sense given the other components in the lot. I appreciate the info!
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#4]
The triggers have a reduce height at the back and I never understood why. Numrich Arms has both the cast and mim S&W trigger styles and both are lower at the back for some reason. Midwest guns works has an example of both style triggers also. The cast ones I saw all had the rear lowered after they had been finished and the cut down was bare metal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By j3_:
The triggers have a reduce height at the back and I never understood why. Numrich Arms has both the cast and mim S&W trigger styles and both are lower at the back for some reason. Midwest guns works has an example of both style triggers also. The cast ones I saw all had the rear lowered after they had been finished and the cut down was bare metal.
View Quote

The cut down is to provide clearance for insertion of the selector during lower receiver assembly.  You have to cock the hammer when putting in the selector, and sometimes the trigger doesn't lower enough for the selector to pass through the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dex223:

The cut down is to provide clearance for insertion of the selector during lower receiver assembly.  You have to cock the hammer when putting in the selector, and sometimes the trigger doesn't lower enough for the selector to pass through the receiver.
View Quote

That's what anger and a hammer are for
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:49:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#7]
I guess if the parts don't fit the assembly line you got to alter something.  I never bought one of the hammers to see if the bottom/notch geometry was off and maybe the trigger needed to be pulled a little further to release or something. Then I wondered if it was to be sure there was no binding when placing the selector into the safe position with the carrier locked open. on the bolt catch.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
I also think they might have come from a S&W. When I bought my MP15-22, at first glance I thought the hammer looked like plastic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amish_Bill] [#9]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
They look like the BTI parts from yesteryear that were for the M&P 15 that were recalled.

Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
I also think they might have come from a S&W. When I bought my MP15-22, at first glance I thought the hammer looked like plastic.
View Quote
That was my thought too. They brought back a memory of a NIB M&P-15 I saw some years ago. I only thought they looked interesting....

I'll have to check out that recall. Thanks for the link.
EDIT - it looks like that's only on the LPK version, not production rifles.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
That was my thought too. They brought back a memory of a NIB M&P-15 I saw some years ago. I only thought they looked interesting....

I'll have to check out that recall. Thanks for the link.
EDIT - it looks like that's only on the LPK version, not production rifles.
View Quote

Correct.

Battenfeld Technologies, Inc. (BTI) has announced a recall involving its M&P AR-15 Rifle Lower Parts Kit Complete, an aftermarket parts kit.  This recall does NOT include, and is not related to, Smith & Wesson (S&W) factory produced complete M&P rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top