Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2021 11:49:29 PM EDT
whats up guys. so long story short I decided to build the lower I have in 7.62x39!
but I couldn't find any good brand name in. I found one in stock but it WEIGHS 2LBS LOL im good on that.
where I can find good brand name ? anyone has faxon barrel wants to sell ? 10.5" 7.62x39
thank you guys
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I decided to build the lower I have in 7.62x39
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

because I have 16" and 7.5" in 556 and don't want 300 blackout because the round is expensive as hell ! so 7.62x39 is something different and cheaper round
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
so 7.62x39 is something different and cheaper round
View Quote

But it can also be a royal PITA to get to run in an AR.  Sounds like a press and some dies, etc, might be a good investment although components are also hard to find lately.  The 300 HAM'R would be my choice if/when I decide to get into a 30 cal AR.  The 300 BO is really only relevant if shooting sub's suppressed, although many owners have done their best to convince themselves that it is some kind of supersonic hedgehog of death
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But it can also be a royal PITA to get to run in an AR.  Sounds like a press and some dies, etc, might be a good investment although components are also hard to find lately.  The 300 HAM'R would be my choice if/when I decide to get into a 30 cal AR.  The 300 BO is really only relevant if shooting sub's suppressed, although many owners have done their best to convince themselves that it is some kind of supersonic hedgehog of death
View Quote

Not really.

A good barrel, bolt and magazine is all that you need.  Once those parts are acquired, the rest is easy.

I will say that most barrels will require gas port tuning but that's a pretty easy thing to do with a simple hand drill and some calipers.

The the OP.  There are no 10.5 inch barrels in stock on the internet right now that aren't Hbar profile.  You're going to have to put yourself on a stock notification list and hope to get lucky.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

thats the main thing ! parts for anything is near impossible to find !
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not really.

A good barrel, bolt and magazine is all that you need.  Once those parts are acquired, the rest is easy.

I will say that most barrels will require gas port tuning but that's a pretty easy thing to do with a simple hand drill and some calipers.

The the OP.  There are no 10.5 inch barrels in stock on the internet right now that aren't Hbar profile.  You're going to have to put yourself on a stock notification list and hope to get lucky.
View Quote

im looking at faxon barrels but nothing is online this pandemic messed everything up !
what do you think of failzero BCG and faxon barrels ?
trust me I did for over 15 websites LOL
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Order a Green Mountain blank and get someone to turn it for you. They use a true .311 bore. Faxon doesn’t. I had a GM 16”  very very accurate. 1.5” with wolf. I wasn’t used to that out of a x39 so I had Class3Machining take it down to 12.5”. It’s STILL shooting 1.5” groups.

Buy the GM barrel.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Order a Green Mountain blank and get someone to turn it for you. They use a true .311 bore. Faxon doesn’t. I had a GM 16”  very very accurate. 1.5” with wolf. I wasn’t used to that out of a x39 so I had Class3Machining take it down to 12.5”. It’s STILL shooting 1.5” groups.

Buy the GM barrel.
View Quote

with my luck of course its out of stock
https://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m10-16-7-62-x-39-mm-ar-barrel-1-9-5/

what do you think of this barrel ? its in stock FOR NOW lol
https://www.kakindustry.com/contract-76239-16-inch-carbine-melonite-barrel
they claim they use true .311
and how much it costed you to chop it down ?
thank you brother
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#10]
If you’ll set a reminder or call them, they may have one in stock. That GM barrel is the best value barrel wise I’ve had. Cost to cut and thread was 75 bucks and 15 for return shipping. I’ve heard KAK uses GM barrels/blanks. If you decide to have a 16 incher cut. Just ship the barrel from GM to class3machining. No need to look at it just to send it to be cut. You can PayPal Morgan at Class3.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
These guys aren't cheap, but they will make it like you want it.  I can vouch for their work, I have a bolt action built on one of their barrels and it is a shooter.  Like all customs, lead time may be an issue tho.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
whats up guys. so long story short I decided to build the lower I have in 7.62x39!
but I couldn't find any good brand name in. I found one in stock but it WEIGHS 2LBS LOL im good on that.
where I can find good brand name ? anyone has faxon barrel wants to sell ? 10.5" 7.62x39
thank you guys
View Quote
I got a PSA 10.5" Nitride one if you're interested in it OP. Ended up going a different route so this one has sat in the mailing tube unopened.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got a PSA 10.5" Nitride one if you're interested in it OP. Ended up going a different route so this one has sat in the mailing tube unopened.
View Quote

Sent you a message. If the op didn’t take it I would like to inquire about it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top