Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2020 4:52:48 PM EDT
I currently have 2 AR's with adjustable stocks. one is a LaRue and the other is a build with a house brand DBU buffer tube. the LaRue tube is a little bit small, and the DBU tube is very small and has lots of wiggle. the magpul clamp little to nothing on both tubes. and 3 of my newer lowers wiggle with ALL my uppers. I dont know what happened in the last several years but tolerances are crap in the industry. who makes a buffer tube that works correctly with magpul stocks?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine have been all over size wise. The most consistent fits are on my vltor RE.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Newer Aero Precision, both the Enhanced version and the regular version tubes work fine. CTR and SL stocks both fit snugly on my newer AR's.

Older ones have Anderson tubes that will eventually get swapped out to the Aero tubes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt REs have always been GTG and consistent for me.

More often than not it seems to be the stock bodies that are problematic rather than the RE, IME.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt REs have always been GTG and consistent for me.

More often than not it seems to be the stock bodies that are problematic rather than the RE, IME.
View Quote

I agree with 100% on the stocks being th trouble makers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
My CTR sits on a weird commercial tube that's like an inch longer than the mil-spec tube that replaced it. The stock has no wiggle once snapped-down, though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Magpul makes a receiver extension that they advertise as being “optimized to fit” their stocks.

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Magpul makes a receiver extension that they advertise as being “optimized to fit” their stocks.

https://magpul.com/media/wysiwyg/MAG677_hero_02.jpg
View Quote

Interesting.  Never seen that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting.  Never seen that.
View Quote
same. a little spendy but I have someone to blame if it doesn't fit lol. might have to try one. thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have about a dozen or so CTRs and they are all on VLTOR 5 position REs.  All lock down pretty tightly although there is some wiggle on several when not locked down.  There is not enough wiggle that it bothers me and they hold up to heavier recoiling rounds such as the .375 SOCOM, .400 SOCOM, .458 SOCOM, and .475 TREMOR (SOCOM) and I have never had a problem with them loosening up or being damaged from the recoil.  They also work pretty darned well on a half dozen or so pip-squeak calibers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I ask because a loose stock is a big annoying but the new house brand buffer tube I got from Big daddy unlimited is the loosest I have ever seen. the lock does nothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top