Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2024 3:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: machinehead]
first time in like 20 years posting in the mag forum,  i have hundreds of mags and actually need to load up some of my ammo,  here is a shot of some of my most of types of my stash  most are Okay or Colt.  i won't use the emerald colts or black followers.  I have been out of the game a bit and don't know about the okay with tan followers,  they are anti tipoffs i know.  are they solid?  better than putting magpull followers in?  I have around 25 or so of these unknown grey followers and about 6 of the grey mag pulls.  i want to hav the best mag from what i have.  i have the tan with blue followers too but heard they are trash.  who makes these dark gray followers and are they any good.  it feels fine in the mag.  

eta, why did they move the mag bump on the tan and blue followers.  first time loaded them i thought i had my number of rounds wrong.  

ETA again  Im fine with buying new followers to replace the stock ones if need be.   if so what to get?  

left to right  okay with unknown gray follower below, okay with tan, ok with green, okay with black colt with emerald

unknown left magpul right

unknown left magpul right
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 5:55:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hunter121] [#1]
Your unknown follower is a cproducts anti tilt follower.

Eta- I've had no issues with the cp followers I have. Some early cp mags had some bad welds that needed to be cleaned up on the inside to run right.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hunter121:
Your unknown follower is a cproducts anti tilt follower.

Eta- I've had no issues with the cp followers I have. Some early cp mags had some bad welds that needed to be cleaned up on the inside to run right.
View Quote

Agree on all points.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have some older d&h mags I ran for years that had the green follower that never gave me any feeding issues.  I installed the yellow Magpul anti tilt followers on some of them a few years ago.  I didn’t notice any performance difference.  I would say have a range day to test your mags out and see which ones are reliable since you have been out of the game for a while.  Magpul followers are a pretty cheap upgrade if needed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Magpul Enhanced followers and don't give it a second thought.

As for those "unknown" followers....those are CProducts knockoffs and shit, IME.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 9:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: machinehead] [#5]
How are the tan mags with blue followers if ya put  magpul followers in them?  i see DSG has magpul tan follows for like .74ea  others seem to go for like $5 for 3  for the yellow or grey ones.  i think the magpul i have may be an older one.  i don't see  the magpul logo on the face of the new ones
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By machinehead:
How are the tan mags with blue followers if ya put  magpul followers in them?  i see DSG has magpul tan follows for like .74ea  others seem to go for like $5 for 3  for the yellow or grey ones.  i think the magpul i have may be an older one.  i don't see  the magpul logo on the face of the new ones
View Quote

No reason at all to replace the blue followers in the turd brown mags as they load the bullet even higher than the magpul ones.  They are G2G as is and replacing them would actually be a step backwards.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top