Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 82
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
For all you nerds who played the OG delta force game back in '01 the new version is up for Alpha sign up. They are going to have a BHD campaign separate from the main.

Gordy plus Goldens interrupting tax:

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bimmertech87] [#2]
I’ll take a better picture and update
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the best light mount for a Surefire 6P that's Weaver pattern?

I've heard or some of them needing modifications to work.

Do any of you guys know where to get one pre worked on or something?

I have two different ones from Amazon, picatinny spec, because I wasn't thinking and a Weaver spec one on the way.

Not sure how exactly to deal with this part.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#4]
For attaching the light at 6 o'clock?

I found the Weaver 61M worked for me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroAR/s/8jGn9JSfzR
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CapnMike:
For attaching the light at 6 o'clock?

I found the Weaver 61M worked for me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroAR/s/8jGn9JSfzR
View Quote

Nice!

What bolts/nuts did you use?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking specifically for a barrel mount. The handguard mount puts the light too far back, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:53:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#7]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
What's the best light mount for a Surefire 6P that's Weaver pattern?

I've heard or some of them needing modifications to work.

Do any of you guys know where to get one pre worked on or something?

I have two different ones from Amazon, picatinny spec, because I wasn't thinking and a Weaver spec one on the way.

Not sure how exactly to deal with this part.
View Quote

I don't know of any "pre worked on" other than the real surefire ones and good luck with that.

I just bought two of the cheap ones on ebay and started whittling on it until it fit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CapnMike] [#8]
Dupe
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

Nice!

What bolts/nuts did you use?
View Quote
Thanks
I wish I had written it down.
Pretty sure they were cap screws and nylock nuts, as well as a couple of washers. They May have been metric.
I just took the handguard and the mount to the hardware store and tried different stuff till it fit.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CapnMike:
Thanks
I wish I had written it down.
Pretty sure they were cap screws and nylock nuts, as well as a couple of washers. They May have been metric.
I just took the handguard and the mount to the hardware store and tried different stuff till it fit.

View Quote

Right on, that's what I'll probably end up doing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

A little something in the works. Let's keep this thread alive!
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crazysarge16] [#12]
View Quote

@TNTundra16
I just learned about this retro looking brace from PSA, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crazysarge16] [#13]
Snagged a C7 DPMS upper that had been floating around one of the local forums, I tried to get it the first time but missed out. Got it the second time around.

Stripped the paint off my DPMS lower I bought circa 2013 and paid entirely too much for cause it was right after Sandy Hook. I think at the time I paid around 1100 for the entire rifle, and that was cause that was the only thing I could find and have someone hold onto until I got back from deployment. I should have waited but I was impatient, fearful they were going to pass a ban and I couldn’t buy anything, and I had internet service that day before going back out to where we didn’t so I pulled the trigger and spent the majority of my deployment paycheck for that x2 weeks.

Granted, only thing I have left of the original DPMS complete rifle is that lower which I have rebuilt countless times, had re-barreled the upper into multiple configurations before trading it off. Had basically been the AR I learned how to do a lot on and I’ll never part with it.

Using brake cleaner, goo gone, countless rags, and some steel wool I was able to get 95% of the paint off the DPMS lower. Considering this lower has been painted idk how many different color schemes, and seemed like every layer revealed a new layer, I was happy with that. I can live with some in the small crevices and just get to them when I can.

Currently running an Anderson lpk in it with a larue buffer tube and H2 buffer set up.

Threw some spray on the od b5 car stock I had, installed a tango down grip that needed a home, and then sprayed the handguards to match. The insight was laying around, had briefly mounted it on my FDE 1911 before taking it off in search of a better newer light. Fits the vibe of this one better in my opinion.

Threw the canteen sling I got off Amazon on there with some 550 cord, now just need to get a bcg and ch next time PSA does a sale and I have cash.

Might install an A2 rear sight aperture as I dislike the A1 style.

The leopard scope mount does impede some sight picture so might play around with that.

I dig it though
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By crazysarge16:

@TNTundra16
I just learned about this retro looking brace from PSA, how do you like it?
View Quote

I'll definitely let you know when I get it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 2:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seand1111] [#15]
View Quote

@TNTundra16

Can you post open package pics of the CAR15 handguards.  Inside, side profile of the ribs, etc.

Curious how close they are to original's.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 5:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#16]
Yes sir be happy too unfortunately I won't be home till late Friday. I'm with the family in PCB living the beach life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:44:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: seand1111] [#19]

Thank you.  They did a very nice job.

Do you mind adding the pics to this thread?

6 Hole Carbine Thread

I am not the starter, but I have been trying to keep it going as new 6 hole offerings have become available.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Optic came today.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I wasted no time getting to work on my new pistol project. Got the grip and handguards swapped out. No live fire yet. First impressions are the B5 LS2 grip is comfy for my size large mitts and storage and price point are bonuses. The handguards are almost a direct copy of the Colts I had. They're a little lighter and squish just a tad under extreme force but again price point can't be beat plus they'll be painted. Lastly the H&R CAR-15 brace. The fit on the buffer tube is perfect for me. Very little play but moves freely when you need it too. It is the blade type so not the most comfortable in the shoulder pocket but definitely tolerable. Aesthetically it fits the build. Future plans are to swap the upper out for the c7 I have sometime in the next week or so. I'll carry my canteen sling to work and cut the snaps off the ends. UPS lost my 550 paracord so I'm waiting on the replacement to be delivered. I'll also carry my weaver barrel mount too and mill it down to fit around the barrel under the fsb. Eventually I'll pic up a carry handle mount, sa 30mm vertical split rings and an Aimpoint 9000sc. Let me know what y'all think!
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I think I need a 20” to go with my Gordy just so I can buy this lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 2:43:03 AM EDT
[#23]
From the Delta Force: Hawk Ops video game. The campaign with the Black Hawk Down story line is going to be epic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#24]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

Straight from MGW. Call them up and order it over the phone. https://www.mgwshifters.com/
View Quote

Is this the correct website? Or do they just make shifters now and you have to be a cloner to know they still sell carry handle mounts?

Edit: my Gordy clone. AEM5 is currently in jail, but this is easily my favorite carbine.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

Is this the correct website? Or do they just make shifters now and you have to be a cloner to know they still sell carry handle mounts?

Edit: my Gordy clone. AEM5 is currently in jail, but this is easily my favorite carbine.

https://i.ibb.co/17DFbSZ/20240727-140343.jpg
View Quote

Nice, is that a woodland/M81 sling, too. I dig it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Ordered my COTS H&R lower for the start of my Gordon clone.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

Nice, is that a woodland/M81 sling, too. I dig it.
View Quote

Yep! Edgar Sherman Designs. I prefer it over the Ferro and I have to have God's camo
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Straight from MGW. Call them up and order it over the phone. https://www.mgwshifters.com/

Yep, that is the correct MGW website. I looked for it a few times before realizing they were the correct MGW.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Yeah just give them a call. Their mounts are very high quality and a great price. Rock solid with a slight press fit like the old ARMS mounts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JTM20:

Yeah just give them a call. Their mounts are very high quality and a great price. Rock solid with a slight press fit like the old ARMS mounts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JTM20:

Can second, and third

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 6:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#31]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Can second, and third

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5148_jpeg-3288437.JPG
View Quote

I called them today and spoke with a nice lady and ordered a short one. Short ones are approximately 5.5" long and are $29+shipping. Long ones are approximately 7.5" and are $39+shipping. They're open Mon-Thu 8am-4pm eastern. She said mine will ship out first thing Monday. I also ordered my Leupold rings thru the other MGW while I was at it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TNTundra16:

I called them today and spoke with a nice lady and ordered a short one. Short ones are approximately 5.5" long and are $29+shipping. Long ones are approximately 7.5" and are $39+shipping. They're open Mon-Thu 8am-4pm eastern. She said mine will ship out first thing Monday. I also ordered my Leupold rings thru the other MGW while I was at it.

Cam
View All Quotes

Can second, and third

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5148_jpeg-3288437.JPG

Cam
ok thats good to know.  I was thinking AEM4 this whole time.  I may just go the AEM5 route now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 9:33:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#33]
Attachment Attached File

Amazing what an upper swap sling and 33 year old Okay mag will do
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/591334/20240811_082724_jpg-3291629.JPG

Cam
View Quote

I’m so jelly of that build right now

Plus PSA is out of those braces right now
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Cam
View Quote

Just need to paint it to hide that nitride barrel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#36]

Just need to paint it to hide that nitride barrel.
View Quote

That's the plan once everything is put together. I've got an mgw rail and leupold rings inbound. Weaver barrel mount is milled down to fit. Still deciding on a flashlight too. Once everything is complete she'll be painted like my last rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#37]
Attachment Attached File

Picked up this U.S. Tactical Systems carry handle mount from M&A Parts and it was pronounced D.O.A. I knew it was made in china but decided to chance it for $20. Good thing I have an mgw mount inbound.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/591334/20240812_153746_jpg-3293286.JPG
Picked up this U.S. Tactical Systems carry handle mount from M&A Parts and it was pronounced D.O.A. I knew it was made in china but decided to chance it for $20. Good thing I have an mgw mount inbound.

Cam
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Cam
View Quote

Eek. I actually bought a cheap Amazon top rail and 30mm mount (I think the brand was monstrum) just as placeholders on my Gordy clone. I blue loctite-d the screws and tightened them down good and I've been surprised that they haven't come loose at all, even with some decent shooting sessions. I do plan to get a MGW rail but I gotta say, I've been impressed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 8:31:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#40]

Eek. I actually bought a cheap Amazon top rail and 30mm mount (I think the brand was monstrum) just as placeholders on my Gordy clone. I blue loctite-d the screws and tightened them down good and I've been surprised that they haven't come loose at all, even with some decent shooting sessions. I do plan to get a MGW rail but I gotta say, I've been impressed.
View Quote

It sure looks the part but must be made of some kind of chinese pot metal. I wasn't upset as I wanted the mgw more once I discovered they make them still and at a fraction of the price of an a.r.m.s. #2
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#41]

Cam
View Quote

Got damn. That’s some pot metal shit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't know how i missed this thread until now.  My car build below.  I gave up on an authentic build, but may go back through thread and get ideas.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:59:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#43]
Originally Posted By owlless:
Don't know how i missed this thread until now.  My car build below.  I gave up on an authentic build, but may go back through thread and get ideas.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23053/20221204_151755-3017582.jpg
View Quote

Just switch out the lower with an A2 and you've got a real nice 723 clone.

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#44]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23053/20221204_151755-3017582.jpg
View Quote

EForm1 that A2 you’re gonna buy and then send the upper off to Ron for a collar fitment for the M4 can you’re gonna buy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#45]

EForm1 that A2 you’re gonna buy and then send the upper off to Ron for a collar fitment for the M4 can you’re gonna buy

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5586_jpeg-3293408.JPG
View Quote

🤔   the idea has merit....
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#46]

Cam
View Quote

What sling setup is that?
@TNTundra16
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5586_jpeg-3293408.JPG

Oh, once you shoot the complete package it has more than merit. Certainly not the most up to date setup, but it does phenomenal for what I want a carbine slinging 55gr ammo to do. Took it to 300yds last summer and finished in the top third of the match.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#48]
Originally Posted By crazysarge16:

What sling setup is that?
@TNTundra16
View Quote

Usgi silent sling with an m16 top sling adapter in the front.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNTundra16] [#49]
Attachment Attached File

If you order 30mm rings from Midwest they only give you one and it's bagged individually. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my barrel parts all ordered from ADCO.  Against went the 12.5 route.  As much as I would love to do the 14.5 and the M4 suppressor I couldn't justify another 1400 on top of the barrel assembly.
Page / 82
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top