Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2024 10:33:11 PM EDT
Looking at linear comps for a 458 socom carbine/ rifle build - have a barrel already, going to go with a Tromix bolt (keep waiting for them to go on sale, don't think its going to happen), and wondering about a linear compensator for the build.

Kaw Valley offers a 2.25" and a 3.5" - any real difference in performance anyone knows of?

Other options folks have used?
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gearsmithy] [#1]
I've only ever used the one Tromix sells but have been very happy with it

ETA mines a radial not a linear
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
@TonyRumore
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:10:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TonyRumore] [#3]
I've never seen a Kaw unit first hand, but it would appear the main difference is the Tromix 2-piece design versus the monolithic design of the Kaw.....which of course makes the Kaw cheaper to produce.
However, I imagine the functionality is about the same.

The Tromix 2-piece design allows us to stock the rear ends in various thread pitches and the front ends in various exit holes, that way we can mix and match the two in order to get whatever thread pitch and caliber combination the customer might need.  We can assemble about 900 different combinations considering we also have black, stainless, and two-tone.  For example, we can quickly assemble a 3/4-24 22 caliber device for a big bull barrel if need be.  

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 9:25:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
I've run the standard sized KVP on several things, including a 450BM.
Makes a noticeable difference in blast.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top