Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Either way, it's going to be this year when CZ either proves themselves or shits the bed completely: Stocks for people who bought an 805 Bren or Scorpion pistol, carbine configurations for people who didn't, and a steady supply of spare parts and addons with new features for both of these guns.

2016 will make or break CZ's reputation in the eyes of the enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I want both of those.  Too many cool guns coming out for my budget!
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Now official, the Czech military is purchasing 2600 806 Bren 2 rifles to replace the 805 Brens in service.  Wouldn't be surprised if the 805 production line is stopped due to the costs in building the receiver compared to the 806.

Pretty slick: Czech Army buying 806 Bren 2
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
So the only flaws they listed with the 805 were that the upper wasn't polymer and it didn't take Ar mags? I don't mind the aluminum upper and the 805 here takes Ar mags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So the only flaws they listed with the 805 were that the upper wasn't polymer and it didn't take Ar mags? I don't mind the aluminum upper and the 805 here takes Ar mags.
View Quote

It fixes a few things IIRC to include the reciprocating charging handle.  It is a better rifle all the way around.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:04:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It fixes a few things IIRC to include the reciprocating charging handle.  It is a better rifle all the way around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If memory serves the issues with the 805 included some AR mag issues, excess weight and that the bolt release was pretty much useless.

I am told the 806 resolves this. But I haven't got my hands on one yet so...
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#7]
None of those are real issues to me, if the 806 was already here then yeah I would get that but I don't see enough issues to make me want to wait for the 806 over the 805. To each their own though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now official, the Czech military is purchasing 2600 806 Bren 2 rifles to replace the 805 Brens in service.  Wouldn't be surprised if the 805 production line is stopped due to the costs in building the receiver compared to the 806.

View Quote

They're not replacing the Brens already in service, they're replacing them on the production line - the current Brens will remain in service.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good. I hope this means we will (eventually) see an 806 over here, though it won't be any time soon.

Quoted:

I would like to see a return to polymer, with accommodations made for the material properties, as the 805 is kind of a pig at 8 pounds without any accessories mounted.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I may have missed it, but did CZ say when the Bren carbine would be available?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hate to go off looks, but it looks like a lovechild of a Scar and a Eggo waffle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hate to go off looks, but it looks like a lovechild of a Scar and a Eggo waffle.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top